Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub in Lucan village for Lunch ?

• 28-11-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hello

Just wondering were is the best spot in Old Lucan village for a pub lunch

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

argolis wrote: »

thanks, will check it out. Do you know what the salmon leap in Leixlip is like, someone mentioned it to me before but I forgot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

argolis wrote: »

Wouldn't rate this place. Calls itself a 'gastropub', which for me translates into high quality, creative food, not the bog standard fare which is served here.

When it originally opened it was quite good, but I think its dis-improved.

Lucan village on the whole isn't terribly well served for restaurants IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Food in Salmon Leap is good. always very busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ArthurG wrote: »
    Wouldn't rate this place. Calls itself a 'gastropub', which for me translates into high quality, creative food, not the bog standard fare which is served here.

When it originally opened it was quite good, but I think its dis-improved.

Lucan village on the whole isn't terribly well served for restaurants IMO.

I would agree with you. When you see what Maynooth has and then see Lucan Village, its pretty terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭LJ3103

Thanks everyone

I might checkout Maynooth as well as its only up the road and I often hear people saying there is great places to eat there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Picaradros in maynooth is lovely for lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sizzlers

I wouldn't rate Carrolls, especially for lunch - the portions are too big and the service is slow. By night the menu is better but prepare to enter a room full of smoke. Poor ventilation around the pub and a lot of steaks on the stone mean it's almost unbearable to sit in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Keith Kenny has taken over the food in courtneys. Was very good a few weeks ago when I gave it a bash.

Keith Kenny has taken over the food in courtneys. Was very good a few weeks ago when I gave it a bash.

Who now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭enricoh

sizzlers wrote: »
    I wouldn't rate Carrolls, especially for lunch - the portions are too big and the service is slow. By night the menu is better but prepare to enter a room full of smoke. Poor ventilation around the pub and a lot of steaks on the stone mean it's almost unbearable to sit in it.

Portions are too big - that's the kind of problem I like! Too many places doing tiny mains so u end up going for 3 courses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Who now?

Chef who used to run la blanca and does the food in golf club.

Agree with other posters though. Village could do with more options.

Chef who used to run la blanca and does the food in golf club.

Agree with other posters though. Village could do with more options.

La Banca the Italian place? I went in there 5 years ago and thought it was so poor I swore never to return. How a restaurant opposite the Italian embassy could get Italian food so badly wrong is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

La Banca the Italian place? I went in there 5 years ago and thought it was so poor I swore never to return. How a restaurant opposite the Italian embassy could get Italian food so badly wrong is beyond me.

That might have been before Keith took over as chef there. In fairness, his food was pretty decent, but somehow I never really got to like that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The food in the golf club is quite nice. That in itself would make me give Courtney's a shot.
    Anyone ever have lunch in Kennys?

Advertisement