Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptops direct - Never received a monitor but they charged me for shipping

Options
  • 28-11-2017 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm having an absolute nightmare of a time with laptopsdirect.ie. I ordered a monitor on the 24th of October. It never arrived and since then I have made 5+ calls to the centre trying to get a refund. I was told last week, eventually, I would get a full refund, including delivery cost. However I see today they have charged me delivery. I paid €190.71, and they refunded me €173.97, which excludes the €16 delivery charge.

Do I have any further actions I can take at this point? I have already spent €20 -€30 on call charges contacting their 0818 number, and with black friday weekend just gone, they are experiencing very high call volumes so I would be on hold 20 - 30 minutes. (I was previously on hold 15-20 minutes). I sent them an e-message with my case number and delivery reference, but they never contacted me over the course of the month I was dealing with them, so I dont expect any reply.

Its only €16 but I don't feel they should have it, their service has been atrocious and this entire trade has been a nightmare.

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭oxygen

Yes, I'm fairly certain. I have pasted the exact amount details below...

LG 25" 25UM58-P Full HD Ultrawide Gaming Monitor

Sub Total : €173.96
    Delivery : €16.73

Total : €190.69 (inc VAT)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

Those are very odd amounts. The could be sterling converted and the loss being in the refund rate.

Sorry if its unclear, they refunded me the Sub Total : €173.96, I paid the Total : €190.69. They charged me Delivery : €16.73 for an item I never received...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Doolittle51

I had a similar experience with them, but luckily got all my money refunded. Basically they took the money, but wouldn't send the goods until they carried out some additional security checks. I had to send them a picture of my bank card and ID. The goods still weren't dispatched 2 days after the order was finally processed, so I rang them to cancel. Got the money back after a couple of days.

Bought the same stuff from an Irish website. It cost a little bit more, but I was able to collect it within 2 days.

My advice is to stay away from laptopsdirect.ie. They are very slow to deal with problems, so imagine what would happen if you had a problem with the goods and needed a repair etc.

Thanks guys, yea, I sent them an e-message and will probably leave it at that. It would cost me as much if not a bit more to keep phoning them. Just a tad annoyed at the terrible service, I'll stay away from them in the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

How did you pay? If you paid by card, get onto your bank and ask for a chargeback.

Advertisement