Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sort code and Account Number

Options
  • 28-11-2017 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm trying to set up a direct debit but it's asking for my sort code and account number.  I have an IBAN and BIC.  Where can I find the information that's being requested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Your account number is the last 8 numbers of the IBAN, and sort code the 6 before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jkminney

TheChizler wrote: »
    Your account number is the last 8 numbers of the IBAN, and sort code the 6 before that.
    Thanks for that.  Now it's telling me that the sort code isn't valid.  I'm using the correct number.  I've checked my debit card as well.  It shouldn't matter if it is a UK payment should it? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

jkminney wrote: »
    TheChizler wrote: »
    Thanks for that.  Now it's telling me that the sort code isn't valid.  I'm using the correct number.  I've checked my debit card as well.  It shouldn't matter if it is a UK payment should it? 

Hi jkminney,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here.
    You would be able to set up a UK account as an international payee that you can make payments to through 365 online with the other accounts IBAN and BIC. However you wouldn't be able to set up a regular payment like a Direct Debit or Standing Order to an account outside the Republic of Ireland if you hold a Euro account with us.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement