Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra 1% cashback for current account holders

Options
  • 28-11-2017 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there,

I applied for a mortgage today. I also applied for a current account today. Does this mean I will get the extra 1% cashback on my mortgage in 5 years time?

The BOI website states :

The Cashback Plus Mortgage is available to you if:
    • You are an existing Bank of Ireland current account customer and you are buying your first home, moving home or switching your mortgage to Bank of Ireland
    [*]

[font=Open Sans, sans-serif]Am I an existing current account holder if I apply for the current account and mortgage on the same day?[/font]

[font=Open Sans, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Mr_Bishi wrote: »
    Hi there,

I applied for a mortgage today. I also applied for a current account today. Does this mean I will get the extra 1% cashback on my mortgage in 5 years time?

The BOI website states :

The Cashback Plus Mortgage is available to you if:
    • You are an existing Bank of Ireland current account customer and you are buying your first home, moving home or switching your mortgage to Bank of Ireland

[*]

[font=Open Sans, sans-serif]Am I an existing current account holder if I apply for the current account and mortgage on the same day?[/font]

[font=Open Sans, sans-serif]Thanks.[/font]
    [*]

Hi Mr_Bishi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

The current account would need to be fully opened when you apply for the Mortgage as you would need to put a Bank of Ireland account number in when applying for the mortgage. If you wait for your current account information and then apply for a mortgage you will then be able to avail of the extra 1% cash back offer.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement