Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for 48 hours?

Options
  • 28-11-2017 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭

Staying in Galway Arms for a couple of nights, Monday and Tuesday, what are my best options for parking? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Staying in Galway Arms for a couple of nights, Monday and Tuesday, what are my best options for parking? Thanks.

There is a car park right beside the garda station in mill st. 50m from the galway arms. not sure of rates though. the cathedral car park is actually very close to the galway arms if ya go up by the bish secondary school. i think they have a good 24hr rate. then you have jurys car park close by too.

not 100% but i'd say the cathedral is probably your best bet. someone else on here might confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I'd go with Cathedral too, not sure if cheapest but handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Mill Street is Short Term Parking. €2/hour.
    Cathedral and Dyke Road Car Park are €6/day.

More info here: http://www.galwaycity.ie/parking-galway-information#3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

There's a sense of enclosure about Dyke and Mill St car parks. I'd be uneasy about cathedral. It's open and I wouldn't park there unless it was under a light and even then. I wonder if the Gardai have any stats on the safety of all three in fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

You could park for free on fr griffin road and it wouldn't be too far of a walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Are you a member of St Paul's credit union? I understand that a book or similar in the windscreen makes parking in the Mill St car-park (the other side of the Garda station from the Galway Arms) very cost effective.

Other than that, I'm not sure enclosed street-level carparks are a good idea: too much scope for mischief-makers to hide in the shadows.

Also, have you asked the hotel where they recommend? They may have a standing deal with one of the carparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

Are you a member of St Paul's credit union? I understand that a book or similar in the windscreen makes parking in the Mill St car-park (the other side of the Garda station from the Galway Arms) very cost effective.

I'm not sure I'd like to test that theory myself.

Advertisement