Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid money to Eir via internet banking by mistake, old a/c holder

Options
  • 28-11-2017 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi i paid €185 to an old eircom a/c i had via my AIB internet banking last week by mistake the payment reference which will appear on your statement is <removed> 21st Nov 2017, i do not have  a present account with eir, my bank AIB have given me a letter stating details and asking you to refund me. can you help please, i was onto support last week over the phone spoke to Jennifer, who told me that she would report details to her supervisor Glen Lynch, but heard no more. having rang AIB again this morning they said my eircom a/c no is as above ie <removed>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

stoves1 wrote: »
    Hi i paid €185 to an old eircom a/c i had via my AIB internet banking last week by mistake the payment reference which will appear on your statement is <removed> 21st Nov 2017, i do not have a present account with eir, my bank AIB have given me a letter stating details and asking you to refund me. can you help please, i was onto support last week over the phone spoke to Jennifer, who told me that she would report details to her supervisor Glen Lynch, but heard no more. having rang AIB again this morning they said my eircom a/c no is as above ie <removed>
    Hi stoves1, 

Thanks for getting in touch, for data protection purposes the system will automatically block any account details. 

I'm sorry to hear this, the accounts team on 1901 will need to investigate this for you. They will log a case to arrange this money back you. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭stoves1

Hi i paid €185 to an old eircom a/c i had via my AIB internet banking last week by mistake the payment reference which will appear on your statement is <removed> 21st Nov 2017, i do not have  a present account with eir, my bank AIB have given me a letter stating details and asking you to refund me. can you help please, i was onto support last week over the phone spoke to Jennifer, who told me that she would report details to her supervisor Glen Lynch, but heard no more. having rang AIB again this morning they said my eircom a/c no is as above ie <removed>
    Hi stoves1, 

Thanks for getting in touch, for data protection purposes the system will automatically block any account details. 

I'm sorry to hear this, the accounts team on 1901 will need to investigate this for you. They will log a case to arrange this money back you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    hi Tracey

do i have to ring 1901 as when i do it asks for my  eir phone number so i cant progress 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi stoves1, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    hi Tracey

do i have to ring 1901 as when i do it asks for my  eir phone number so i cant progress 
    If you press '#' when asked to enter your phone number you'll be able to get through to somebody.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi stoves1, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    hi Tracey

If you press '#' when asked to enter your phone number you'll be able to get through to somebody.

- Adam
    adam

tried to call using your advice could not get through to person. I did get through to a person called mark vickers on the 29th november, he asked me to email him copies of bank letter etc, whic i done (asked for reply got none have emailed him twice since to no avail)  but i have nothing from him since pls HELP

If this was any other utility they would help and resolve can you resolve it? or am i wasting my time with Eir who have my money is there anybody that will talk to me honestly and refund my money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

If this was any other utility they would help and resolve can you resolve it? or am i wasting my time with Eir who have my money is there anybody that will talk to me honestly and refund my money.
    Hi there, 

I'm very sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement