Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Submitting Reading not allowed.

Options
  • 28-11-2017 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I attempted to submit a Metre Reading on 23rd November & it wouldnt allow me saying it was too late, my bill would issue soon.  To date its still not up on the system.  Actually I thought I was doing it too early, the last reading was on 27th September.  It said on the system in Sept. next bill approx 27th Nov.  Why was I not allowed put in my reading.  Also, it would be very handy if Electric Ireland would sent a reminder to read the metre.  A very poor system!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi hillbloom,

Thank you for getting in touch.

It is not necessary for Electric Ireland customers to send in a meter-reading around billing time every second month, as a bill will issue anyway. The bill will either be based on a meter-reading by ESB Networks (who aim to read a meter for most bills, subject to accessibility) or ESB Networks will calculate an estimate.

The only time a customer's meter-reading is needed is if their scheduled bill is estimated (sending in a meter-reading will correct the estimated bill to an accurate one) or if they need a bill in between scheduled bills (for example, moving address).

The cut-off point for sending in a meter-reading to generate an ad hoc bill is a week before the approximate date for the next scheduled bill. And a scheduled bill may still issue subsequently.

ESB Networks' readings/estimates should be completed soon for your locality (if they have not been completed already) and if your bill is estimated, private message us an accurate meter-reading here on Boards (with the account number and address) if you wish.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement