Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P8 Lite 2017 89.99 @Carphone Warehouse

14567810»

Comments

loyatemu wrote: »
    just to note - you can't use SD as direct internal memory - i.e. you can't store apps on the SD. I got rid of this phone as 16GB wasn't enough space for apps (you only have about 9GB in reality as 7GB is used for Android). I kept running out of space.

There is a feature (Adoptable Storage) that allows you to merge the SD with the internal storage; it's difficult to do on this phone as Huawei have it disabled in the setting and you have to enable it using a PC. Even if you do enable it, apps can only be moved to the SD card if the app developer has allowed it, which most don't.

If you don't use a lot of apps, this isn't a problem. But particularly if you like to install a lot of games, you will find this restrictive.

Are you sure about this part? What you're describing would mean that adoptable storage isn't activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Great phone for the price. I've been using mine for nearly a year now. Only thing that is a PITA is the internal memory. Even with an SD card, installing a few apps it quickly runs out of space. Would love to explore the option of allowing apps to be moved to the SD card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

loyatemu wrote: »
    just to note - you can't use SD as direct internal memory - i.e. you can't store apps on the SD. I got rid of this phone as 16GB wasn't enough space for apps (you only have about 9GB in reality as 7GB is used for Android). I kept running out of space.

There is a feature (Adoptable Storage) that allows you to merge the SD with the internal storage; it's difficult to do on this phone as Huawei have it disabled in the setting and you have to enable it using a PC. Even if you do enable it, apps can only be moved to the SD card if the app developer has allowed it, which most don't.

If you don't use a lot of apps, this isn't a problem. But particularly if you like to install a lot of games, you will find this restrictive.

Yeah my bad.Should have said adoptable storage not internal memory.

I have that set up and haven't found any problems with it regarding developers not allowing it. Straightforward process, I followed a link that was posted on this thread some time back.

Maybe there is some apps that won't work on it but I don't think I've came across that so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

What android version is currently running on it at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭styron

What android version is currently running on it at the moment?
    Nougat 7.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah my bad.Should have said adoptable storage not internal memory.

I have that set up and haven't found any problems with it regarding developers not allowing it. Straightforward process, I followed a link that was posted on this thread some time back.

Maybe there is some apps that won't work on it but I don't think I've came across that so far.

When you enable adoptable the system moves any apps that support it to the SD card and it becomes the default location for any future apps to be installed.

If you go into the individual apps settings, the ones that are on the SD will have the option of "move to internal" but I found most apps were still going onto the internal memory. Anyway, even with adoptable enabled I kept running out of storage, YMMV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Mine was full before I used the SD card and no problem since so I'm happy enough although I won't be using it from tomorrow. New phone on route.

At the price P10 was a bargain and served me well.

Advertisement