Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P8 Lite 2017 89.99 @Carphone Warehouse

Comments

kala85 wrote: »
    in an eir store, you can get a sim card as long as you buy 5e eir credit.

Does anyone know if there are any offers on the ports with vodafone or any other network for the samsung j5 2017

Vodafone have the J5 in their switch and save promo. €229, down to €189 with promo.

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung-galaxy-j5-2017-pay-as-you-go-black

I guess I'll go for an Eir sim, or I'll get another 3 sim with 10 credit, and just spend the credit on something in the Play Store before porting to Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Basil3 wrote: »
    kala85 wrote: »
    in an eir store, you can get a sim card as long as you buy 5e eir credit.

Does anyone know if there are any offers on the ports with vodafone or any other network for the samsung j5 2017

Vodafone have the J5 in their switch and save promo. €229, down to €189 with promo.

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung-galaxy-j5-2017-pay-as-you-go-black

I guess I'll go for an Eir sim, or I'll get another 3 sim with 10 credit, and just spend the credit on something in the Play Store before porting to Vodafone.

Go into an apple green spar or mace and you ll either get a lycamobile sim for free or 99 cent

seanin4711 wrote: »
    rebelbmx wrote: »
    let us know if the DC unlock works, cheers

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/huawei-id-unlock

"Unlocking, please wait ...

Phone successfully unlocked !

Credits left : 0

Please unplug and restart phone !"

wont know until i get new nano sim in post but looks promising!

one caveat to this is that when the program found the phone it didnt say that it was locked.(no sim in phone)
    How much to unlock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

castle2012 wrote: »
    Go into an apple green spar or mace and you ll either get a lycamobile sim for free or 99 cent

Dont think Vodafone accept lycamobile ports

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

vicM wrote: »
    Dont think Vodafone accept lycamobile ports

Get a Tesco mobile sim, less than a fiver. Can't remember the cost. Free ones online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Basil3 wrote: »
    So does anyone know a physical shop I can walk into to get a free SIM and then switch to Vodafone? I know some can be ordered online.

Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Tesco SIM is fiver or free with credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So literally hand them the sim card and say i want to swap over to Vodafone ??

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Get a Tesco mobile sim, less than a fiver. Can't remember the cost. Free ones online.

Maybe 3 or Eir..
    Can't be sure of either though to be honest.
    Just can't see why they wouldn't want to sell one to you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

So literally hand them the sim card and say i want to swap over to Vodafone ??

No they will have to ring the number to identify that you own it before the port goes through

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭geriatric

I am going to buy one of these for my daughter for xmas. She's on the 48 network so can I anyone that the unlocking process with DC Unlock works please? I would like for her to remain at 48.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

geriatric wrote: »
    I am going to buy one of these for my daughter for xmas. She's on the 48 network so can I anyone that the unlocking process with DC Unlock works please? I would like for her to remain at 48.

DC Unkocking works, but the deal is over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

geriatric wrote: »

need to request nano sim from 48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

need to request nano sim from 48

It might be handier to cut the old sim down to nano size. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube for anyone who's feeling confident enough to have a go at it.

tryfix wrote: »
    It might be handier to cut the old sim down to nano size. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube for anyone who's feeling confident enough to have a go at it.

micro sim contact is larger than the whole nano area,essentially cutting the metal part to fit the nano,wont work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

micro sim contact is larger than the whole nano area,essentially cutting the metal part to fit the nano,wont work.

Perhaps you are entirely correct, on the other hand there seems to be many people who say that it can be done.

DC Unkocking works, but the deal is over

Still at 110 with Vodafone so I'll get one.

Thanks for the heads up on the sim size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Still €89 in Carphone Warehouse picked up one in Balbriggan today , Tried in Swords last night but the deal would not go through so try a few shops if they cant do it for you .

Got 2 on Thursday, there an incredible price , great high spec phone . When you consider the y6 is the poor relation and it’s €89 to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Of course it will.....Worked fine for me on 2 different sims. Just need to use a template to make sure you are cutting it properly.

• Advertisement

Still €89 in Carphone Warehouse picked up one in Balbriggan today , Tried in Swords last night but the deal would not go through so try a few shops if they cant do it for you .

I asked yesterday in carphone warehouse on Henry st Dublin 1 and they point blank said the 89 euro deal was over.

Just had a look on amazon there £158. which is about €175 , so still very good value @ €109

castle2012 wrote: »
    Just had a look on amazon there £158. which is about €175 , so still very good value @ €109

where is it 109?
    CPW want 20€ top up online
    I had to buy 10€ top up in store,no option.

where is it 109?
    CPW want 20€ top up online
    I had to buy 10€ top up in store,no option.

Vodaphone online up to yesterday, not sure if still available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

TheDriver wrote: »
    Tesco SIM is fiver or free with credit

In shop only?As i was trying to switch last night and online sim only is €5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

This deal still on?

Anyone know of a website where we could get an unlock code from ebay without having to use the DC unlocker as it looks a bit complicated.

I just want a link where I send off the imei code and get the unlock code back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

bigpink wrote: »
    This deal still on?

Still on
    Got one from blanch
    They wanted 10e top up but I took 20e topup as I am on Vodafone prepay anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Picked one up with vodafone for €110 using an eir Sim still great value I I

Anyone unlocked it yet?

I'm looking to the DC Unlock but not sure how many credits to purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

4 credits so 4€

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

I came from a Oneplus 3 which was almost instant app opening etc for everyday tasks

I'm serious, after plying with this P8 for the last couple hours for day to day stuff bar games maybe this thing is just as nippy not even joking it's amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Down to 179.99 in Argos, sim free....not as cheap as other offers here but might be handier for some as it's sim free.

Is dc unlock hard to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Picky owner

Pulled the trigger ,109 on Vodafone ,ported over with a spare Tesco SIM card, hopefully won't be too hard to unlock, couldn't pass it up at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Picky owner

Just an update,was able to unlock it myself on line last night,am delighted with it,spent 124 on it between the phone and codes,retailing in Argos SIM free for 174,that's a good bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

Just an update,was able to unlock it myself on line last night,am delighted with it,spent 124 on it between the phone and codes,retailing in Argos SIM free for 174,that's a good bargain!

What service did you use ? Phone is available again for 89.99 now

Cudders wrote: »
    What service did you use ? Phone is available again for 89.99 now

Where is it available for 89,99?

Where is it available for 89,99?

Carphone Warehouse! Website doesn't seem to be updated so call in to store. Need to port to VF for the discount

Is eir giving free sim cards in store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Last time I tried when it was Meteor, they wanted to charge me...
    I popped on my phone and ordered a free sim for delivery, received it next day...
    loki7777 wrote: »
    Is eir giving free sim cards in store?

I did the same now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭jean contente

I've a couple of questions that somebody technically proficient may be able to answer.I am with Vodafone payg and am not concerned about keeping my existing number.Is it possible to avail of this offer?If so how do I go about it?
    Thanks.

Get spare sim card and switch over to vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭jean contente

loki7777 wrote: »
    Get spare sim card and switch over to vodafone

Thanks loki.
    Just to be clear.If I go into (say Tesco) and buy a sim card.All that I need to do is bring that into CP Warehouse and say I want to switch to Vodafone.There is no need to do anything else.

I think you will have to put tesco(or any other) sim card into your phone to activate it(and i assume you will get txt from Vodafone as well, but somebody may say something more as they already did that) - didn't try yet as i'm waiting for sim card from eir.
    BTW tesco charges €5 for sim, eir sim is for free(order online);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if i switch to vodafone with this, can I go bill pay or pre pay for the E90 phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Idbatterim wrote: »
    if i switch to vodafone with this, can I go bill pay or pre pay for the E90 phone?

The 89.99 offer was black firday it was extended to last thirsday due to system issue on black friday weekend. its 109 now.

The 89.99 offer was black firday it was extended to last thirsday due to system issue on black friday weekend. its 109 now.

89.99 again now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Cudders wrote: »
    89.99 again now

Have you a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

• Advertisement
Advertisement