Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P8 Lite 2017 89.99 @Carphone Warehouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

if unlocking these phones is there a chance of bricking them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

68508224 wrote: »
    if unlocking these phones is there a chance of bricking them?

Unlocking is done by a code so no chance of bricking the phone. Just buy a code online , insert a sim from another network and you will be asked for a code. Enter it and its done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

89.99 on last link but when you actually click to buy it goes up to 129.99. Is it instore only thats 89.99? Or has anyone paid 89.99 through above link tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Picky owner

Cudders wrote:
    What service did you use ? Phone is available again for 89.99 now

Movical.net,they sent me on instructions, access to hcu client and I was able to do it from there,all i can say is that it really worked for me,recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

GaGa21 wrote: »
    89.99 on last link but when you actually click to buy it goes up to 129.99. Is it instore only thats 89.99? Or has anyone paid 89.99 through above link tonight?

It says in store exclusive when you click the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

if you switch over from another network.
    may have to buy top-up.

Picked it up for €89.99 this morning in Carphone Warehouse (plus €10 vodafone credit). The girl looked it up on the system and it was still showing the Black Friday price.

I definitely don't need a phone, already have 3 others.....I think I have a problem. I'm still interested to see how a phone that cost a tenth of the cost of my Note performs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Basil3 wrote: »
    ...how a phone that cost a tenth of the cost of my Note performs.
    You'll be surprised, it's perfect for everyday tasks. Unless you are doing an SOC heavy task, it's not too far behind. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

GaGa21 wrote: »
    All is correct. You can order online for 129,99 and pay 89,99 in the shop at the day you will collect it as the price is only instore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

guys im looking to buy this for my daughter for xmas.she is currently on 3.what price will i be expected to pay thanks

• Advertisement

guys im looking to buy this for my daughter for xmas.she is currently on 3.what price will i be expected to pay thanks

€89.99 in Carphone Warehouse
    €10 Vodafone Credit
    €5 or less to unlock the device if you want to stay with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Instore 89,99+10€ topup if you switch from 3 and you are happy with Vodafone.If not grab online free eir sim card and switch this number, after that unlock for about €5 and use 3.

€89.99 in Carphone Warehouse
    €10 Vodafone Credit
    €5 or less to unlock the device if you want to stay with 3.

thanks you im going in store to get it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

You can get an eir sim free in store but you will need to top up by 5 euro and make a call to activate the sim, I tried porting over before topping up but it didn't work.

Anyone got a link to buying an unlock code, that they used?

rebelbmx wrote: »
    You can get an eir sim free in store but you will need to top up by 5 euro and make a call to activate the sim, I tried porting over before topping up but it didn't work.

Anyone got a link to buying an unlock code, that they used?

any free sims from a network?
    3 used to do them.

seanin4711 wrote: »
    any free sims from a network?
    3 used to do them.

I ordered a free SIM from eir online. Didn't have to top it up at all, and used it to port across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Any way of having the port to Vodafone with a freebie eir sim happen on another handset - meaning you can then pop your own sim into the P8?

Got it for 89.99 just now great deal. Just have to get unlock code now and all set. Tried to sell me a case for 30 euro lol. Ebay here I come for 5 euro

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Any way of having the port to Vodafone with a freebie eir sim happen on another handset - meaning you can then pop your own sim into the P8?

Yes, of course. If you're already with Vodafone just put your own sim in....otherwise you'll have to unlock
    Got it for 89.99 just now great deal. Just have to get unlock code now and all set. Tried to sell me a case for 30 euro lol. Ebay here I come for 5 euro

The girl i bought from said cases start at €14.99 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Yamanoto wrote: »

You can port free off any handset that takes an eir sim

Then the p8 takes any VF sim or has to be unlocked to take different sims

loki7777 wrote: »
    Instore 89,99+10€ topup if you switch from 3 and you are happy with Vodafone.If not grab online free eir sim card and switch this number, after that unlock for about €5 and use 3.

got a link to a 5euro unlock code? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

I ordered a free SIM from eir online. Didn't have to top it up at all, and used it to port across.

Had got a Tesco sim, and was told when I went into CPW that I had to be a customer for 3 months and was refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 carbon74

Had got a Tesco sim, and was told when I went into CPW that I had to be a customer for 3 months and was refused.

Couldn't you just tell them that you're with them 6 months or something. Can't see how they can tell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Anyone got an unlock code link on eBay other than using screen unlocker

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Am thinking of going for phone and switching to Vodafone from eir PAYG.
    are vf any good?

• Advertisement

carbon74 wrote: »
    Couldn't you just tell them that you're with them 6 months or something. Can't see how they can tell...

Yep. I left it slip that I got it just recently, and was then told that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Yep. I left it slip that I got it just recently, and was then told that.
    just have to be brazen now I guess and try get someone to go back in with the sim to port it over

dennispenn wrote: »
    just have to be brazen now I guess and try get someone to go back in with the sim to port it over

Just back from a different shop. Told them I was a customer of Tescos for about a year. There was no problem, until they went to port over the number, and the Vodafone sim wasn't recognised in the system. They tried 4 different cards. Unless I got real unlucky with them picking 4 dud cards, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the system can see that it's a new Tesco sim, and blocks the transaction.

Just back from a different shop. Told them I was a customer of Tescos for about a year. There was no problem, until they went to port over the number, and the Vodafone sim wasn't recognised in the system. They tried 4 different cards. Unless I got real unlucky with them picking 4 dud cards, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that the system can see that it's a new Tesco sim, and blocks the transaction.

Did you put 5 euro credit into the new tesco sim and make a call to activate it before trying to port over to vodafone?

Did you put 5 euro credit into the new tesco sim and make a call to activate it before trying to port over to vodafone?

No. I rang it, and it rang out, so I assumed it was activated

• Advertisement

No. I rang it, and it rang out, so I assumed it was activated

I tried to port over from a free eir one this morning, I also rang it but it wouldn't port. So I just went and got 5 euro credit, made a call to activate it and then went back to carphone warehouse. Ported over fine then.

Ahhh, grand. I'll give that a go so

Lol.

I got an Eir sim. Topped it up and made, and received both calls and texts on it. Went to the shop today, and when I mentioned what I wanted, the girl behind the desk said there might be a problem. However, the guy working with her mentioned that they got an email yesterday, and everything was fine with them. (He didn't say what the issue was, and what was fixed). So she went ahead, got to the scanning in of the Vodafone sim, and it wouldn't go through. Seems there's still a problem.

Anyway, I think I'll give up on this. Ha ha.

Lol.

I got an Eir sim. Topped it up and made, and received both calls and texts on it. Went to the shop today, and when I mentioned what I wanted, the girl behind the desk said there might be a problem. However, the guy working with her mentioned that they got an email yesterday, and everything was fine with them. (He didn't say what the issue was, and what was fixed). So she went ahead, got to the scanning in of the Vodafone sim, and it wouldn't go through. Seems there's still a problem.

Anyway, I think I'll give up on this. Ha ha.

I was lucky to get mine yesterday morning so.

I was lucky to get mine yesterday morning so.
    By the sounds of things, yep. Fair play to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

109.99 through VF is still a great deal for this phone.

Ordered one yesterday and delivered today. Ported a free lyca mobile sim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

DC Unlocker worked a treat for me

1. Buy 4 credits

2. Google Huawei Hisuite and install it for drivers

3. Download the DC Unlocker software

4. Now just one correction, it says click "Erase Huawei ID" on the guide, no. You want the network unlock option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Just got this at 99.99 in store, including the 10 euro top up for VF.

Has anyone found a decent case and screen protector? Seems to be a magnet for the fingerprints!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭keizer

Has anyone found a decent case and screen protector? Seems to be a magnet for the fingerprints!

Did you port a number over to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

keizer wrote: »
    Did you port a number over to it?

Yeah, I got a free sim from Eir

• Advertisement

I'm just keeping a screen protector that came with it, although have ordered some more.

Have also ordered this case. Seems a rip off of Spigen Rugged Armor, but I have a similar one on my note and it does the trick.

Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Case, Simpeak Premium Rugged Protector Back Case for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (Not for Huawei P8 Lite 2016) [Drop Protection] [Anti Slip] [Scratch Resistant], Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XCMY7YL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_zPSmAbTKZMCSV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Inviere

Got one today in Liffey Valley:

1) Free Sim from Eir (activated with €5 topup, & call made).
    2) Bring said sim to Carphone Warehouse, & ask about the porting to VF deal
    3) Purchase phone @ €89.99, buy mandatory €10 VF credit
    4) Total €105

Any recommendations for an unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Got P8 yesterday. So far, I like it. Well worth it for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Yea the chap in cpw was saying they where €200 quid earlier this year , great value for a mid range phone

Movical.net,they sent me on instructions, access to hcu client and I was able to do it from there,all i can say is that it really worked for me,recommended.

how long did they take to send you instructions? i'm waiting over 12 hrs after paying

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Picky owner

rebelbmx wrote:
    how long did they take to send you instructions? i'm waiting over 12 hrs after paying

After I paid,I got an email with the instructions about 3 hours later

After I paid,I got an email with the instructions about 3 hours later

Thanks, if anyone has any links or ebay stores that they successfully unlocked the phone with, please share.

Diy on DC unlocked with a bit of follow instructions for 4 quid 5mins work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

€99 on three.ie and mandatory €10 credit purchase so €110 there too. Got one yesterday using an Eir sim

Advertisement