Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei P8 Lite 2017 89.99 @Carphone Warehouse

Comments

anyone?

Carphone Warehouse offered me one for €14.....if you call that cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Picked up this evening in Kilkenny. Didn't need to top up eir sim card to port it to Vodafone but had to buy €20 Vodafone credit to get the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭sector_000

Just picked one up in Naas CPW for €90 = €10 VF topup. Used a 48month.ie free sim. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

carbon74 wrote: »
    Yes. The app closed straight away. Had to open a Web browser and login to Spotify. Com. Outside of the app...

Oddly that did work for me too. Thanks, never would have thought to go there myself.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

So quickest way to get this would be pick up a sim in Tesco and have it in another phone then go to Carphone warehouse and switch.

The phone will cost 90 then? Is there an obligation to buy VF credit? Want to buy this for someone who is already with Vodafone

mossy464 wrote: »
    So quickest way to get this would be pick up a sim in Tesco and have it in another phone then go to Carphone warehouse and switch.

The phone will cost 90 then? Is there an obligation to buy VF credit? Want to buy this for someone who is already with Vodafone

I was told you need to buy €20 credit. I think others were in a similar situation and asked if they could get credit for a different network and they were allowed. You apply the credit so if you do buy credit for any network theres no obligation to put it into the phone you just bought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Not all of these phones are network locked.

leex wrote: »
    Not all of these phones are network locked.

Mine is. Had you a sim in it when you found out it was unlocked?

Mine says network locked when I dial *#*#2846579#*#* and check under network info. Bought in cpw on Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

mossy464 wrote:

Just bought this in carphone warehouse in Limerick. Had to buy €10 credit with it. So all in cost €100. They give you an activation code for the top up so you could just give this with it as a gift maybe.

Thanks op, looks a decent spec phone for the price.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    ... Bought in cpw on Vodafone.

Same here. Tried an Eir sim first and it dialled out ok.

leex wrote: »
    Same here. Tried an Eir sim first and it dialled out ok.

Is it locked to eir now?

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Just bought this in carphone warehouse in Limerick. Had to buy €10 credit with it. So all in cost €100. They give you an activation code for the top up so you could just give this with it as a gift maybe.

Thanks op, looks a decent spec phone for the price.

I got an activation code for the credit I bought too. Do you know if this is the same as topping up via a shop as in dial a number and put in the code?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Just bought this in carphone warehouse in Limerick. Had to buy €10 credit with it. So all in cost €100.
    Do you mind me asking, Lenny17123 — did they do any other check besides call the other number you brought with you? (and was this in the Crescent, the Jetland or Arthurs Quay?) Also, did they insist on putting the Vodafone SIM card into the phone, or could you just say "nah, you're grand, thanks, I'll do it myself" and take it away unopened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭mossy464

peckerhead wrote: »
    So they're basically still honouring the original deal, yeah? I'm getting tempted meself now... :p

Do you mind me asking, Lenny17123 — did they do any other check besides call the other number you brought with you? (and was this in the Crescent, the Jetland or Arthurs Quay?) Also, did they insist on putting the Vodafone SIM card into the phone, or could you just say "nah, you're grand, thanks, I'll do it myself" and take it away unopened?

I bought it this evening in Nutgrove and they just rang the other number I had. Gave me the phone unopened with a separate sim. Had to buy 10er credit

68508224 wrote:
    I got an activation code for the credit I bought too. Do you know if this is the same as topping up via a shop as in dial a number and put in the code?

I guess just ring the number and top up as normal. It's a present so il be able to confirm on Monday.

• Advertisement

peckerhead wrote:

It was Arthurs quay at lunch time today. They didn't even ring the number I gave them. Everything is given separate. The phone was unopened. The sim they gave is on its own and the top up code on another docket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Is this dual sim ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

yabadabado wrote: »
    Is this dual sim ?
    no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭noeleeee

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Mine is. Had you a sim in it when you found out it was unlocked?

Mine says network locked when I dial *#*#2846579#*#* and check under network info. Bought in cpw on Vodafone.

Hi Sir Dosser - I just did what you did above and I get the message SIMLOCK_DEACTIVE
    Am I one of the lucky ones that has an unlocked phone ?
    I have a vodafone ready to go Sim in it at the moment and want to use Three sim in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is this dual sim ?

Out of the box no its not but I believe it can be flashed with a dual sim rom but I am not sure yet.
    I hope to make mine a dual sim ,I will let you know if I succeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Do they put through the port or do you do it yourself online and they just ring the number to make sure it's active

noeleeee wrote: »
    Hi Sir Dosser - I just did what you did above and I get the message SIMLOCK_DEACTIVE
    Am I one of the lucky ones that has an unlocked phone ?
    I have a vodafone ready to go Sim in it at the moment and want to use Three sim in it.

I didnt do any of this, just put in Eir Mobile SIM which worked for a call out. I put the Vodafone SIM in then but didnt call out as I hadnt credit applied - I didnt get any message about phone being locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Anyone know if WiFi calling will work on it with the eir network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

kala85 wrote: »
    Anyone know if WiFi calling will work on it with the eir network

That only works with BillPay phones last time I checked :(

Could anyone help me. New to Android with this phone and can't get play store to work. Keep getting error while retrieving information from server (df-charta-01). Also when I search for an app i just get no results found. Any one with similar issues?

68508224 wrote: »
    Could anyone help me. New to Android with this phone and can't get play store to work. Keep getting error while retrieving information from server (df-charta-01). Also when I search for an app i just get no results found. Any one with similar issues?

Google says you might be using a school associated account that has Google apps disabled? Have you tried a different Google account in the play store?

brightkane wrote:
    Do they put through the port or do you do it yourself online and they just ring the number to make sure it's active

They put through the port for me anyway. They also didn't ring my number to check it but I'd say it just depends on who is serving you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

yeah i lost my spare sim in the car outside the shop! so i used one of my sims in my dual sim one plus 3 to port over.

they didnt ring it but ported it within minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭icom

Thanks OP, bought a Tesco Sim for a fiver, walked into the Vodafone store next door and handed them the unopened pack. They took care of the porting and in 5 minutes I was sorted. Great phone for the money, very pleased so far. I'm with Vodafone, so just put my existing sim in the new phone.

Picked one up today.
    Used a free Eir sim(never topped up) and they didn't ring the number.Had to buy tenner credit but they didn't add it to phone. Unopened phone and sim and 10 credit on a docket.
    Is there any expiry date on that credit just trying to think what can I do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Can these phones be updated to the latest version of Android?

Frank_1969 wrote: »

They are on Android 7.0 with Oreo confirmed also.

Comes with 7 but I read that it will get Oreo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Picked one up today.
    Used a free Eir sim(never topped up) and they didn't ring the number.Had to buy tenner credit but they didn't add it to phone. Unopened phone and sim and 10 credit on a docket.
    Is there any expiry date on that credit just trying to think what can I do with it.

Most of the time 90 days, sometimes 30.

Using the phone for a few hours now and the one thing that stands out for me is the fingerprint scanner. Far superior to the S8 I was using until a few weeks ago.

Using the phone for a few hours now and the one thing that stands out for me is the fingerprint scanner. Far superior to the S8 I was using until a few weeks ago.

I agree, I was a little bit weary going for a cheaper phone that the fingerprint reader may not be as good as the Samsung I was using. It's every bit as good if not better and I am coming around to the fact it's on the back.

The S8 has it on the back but it's a mess imo. This phone has done a good job with the indent and is very responsive.

Two questions folks.

Best place to get this unlocked ?

Can anyone recommend a good SD card to buy?I'm thinking 64 gb will be plenty.

rebelbmx wrote: »
    Took me awhile to get it too work but do theses steps in this order.

On your phone dial pad code *#*#2846579#*#*, select "Project Menu", "Background settings", "USB ports settings", "Manufacture mode

Then connect the phone to PC by USB

Then download and install this http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/

Connect your mobile to HiSuite once installed

Check 'Ports' in device manager and see if 'Android Adapter PCUI' and 'DBAdapter Reserved Interface' are there.

Launch DC-unlocker software

Select Huawei phones under manufacturer

Select Auto detect under model and click search

Your phone should be detected. Note: mine didn't show the IMEI number when detected, just the serial number.

Open Server tab, enter your username and password that you received after credits purchase. Click "Check login''

Open Unlocking tab, click “Unlock” button, Wait for device to be unlocked, mine took about 30 secs to unlock

After you see that phone was successfully unlocked, restart it to complete procedure. Now you can use it with any SIM card. You can restore phone now to it's previous mode

Got as far as the bolded and it doesnt show up.Any ideas ?

Edit:sorted that problem but when I go to "Unlock Tab" - The "Network Unlock " tab is greyed out.I have 4 credits in the account.

Edir: Found the issue,for some reason when I had it set to Project Menu", "Background settings", "USB ports settings", "Manufacture mode" it was changing to Huawei suite in the settings during the set up.

Thanks OP a great job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Weirdly enough when I put my virgin SIM in the phone it worked straight away without unlocking.

Strange that some are locked and some aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

rejkin wrote: »
    Weirdly enough when I put my virgin SIM in the phone it worked straight away without unlocking.

Strange that some are locked and some aren't.

I could be wrong,but as far as I know,most new phones are unlocked until the first sim card is inserted.Carphone warehouse are offering this handset for €89.99 if one ports their number to either Eir or Vodafone.
    I presume it's the same handset one gets no matter which network you choose.
    I bought the Huawei Ascend g7 few years ago on ID network and later switched to Lycamobile.There was no need to unlock the phone.

I could be wrong,but as far as I know,most new phones are unlocked until the first sim card is inserted.Carphone warehouse are offering this handset for €89.99 if one ports their number to either Eir or Vodafone.
    I presume it's the same handset one gets no matter which network you choose.
    I bought the Huawei Ascend g7 few years ago on ID network and later switched to Lycamobile.There was no need to unlock the phone.

Different stock for each network. I bought it on Vodafone and it has a small red sticker on the box.

Anyone have this on eir and did wifi calling work on it.

Anyone have this on eir and did wifi calling work on it.

The only Huawei down on their website as supporting wifi calling is the P10
    AFAIK it'd need to be on a bill too

I can use the p8 lite on a eir bill pay, just wanted to see if anyone has got it to work.

• Advertisement

I can use the p8 lite on a eir bill pay, just wanted to see if anyone has got it to work.

Pretty sure you need specific firmware to be on it from Eir for it to work

long_b wrote: »
    Pretty sure you need specific firmware to be on it from Eir for it to work

Probably could be flashed if you could find it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭Stiro05

Now only 69.99 on carphone warehouse waebsite when you switch to vodafone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Mikewalsh

Stiro05 wrote: »
    Now only 69.99 on carphone warehouse waebsite when you switch to vodafone

not on the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Mikewalsh wrote: »
    not on the website

http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/switch-save-sale-january18

But sure you'll have to go instore to get the deal