Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal ban from Home automation and IOT thread

Options
  • 28-11-2017 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Apologies for breaking the rules. I'm not a company at all, I'm just a normally Boardie and I just received all my Hue black Friday deals and I have an extra bridge that I don't need. I was just wondering if anyone on boards needed it.

Apologies again. I would be grateful if you removed the ban as I really follow this thread closely.

Thanks
    BobbyT2

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have you attempted to resolve this by PM with the moderator who banned you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Yeah I have already PM'd them already.

Just waiting to here back.

BobbyT28

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Your ban was only applied a couple of hours ago, but I would note that you were advertising something for sale. Unless specifically authorised within a forum advertising usually results in a site-ban. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, but would suggest that you bear this in mind when discussing your ban with the moderator. I would also suggest you provide some assurance that you won't try and advertise again. If you are still unable to reach an agreeable conclusion with the mod come back here and we can ask one of the CMod to have a look

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm just waiting to hear back from the mod. It was a genuine mistake.

Hopefully the mod can see that. I just had a spare hue bridge that I thought someone might want. Honest mistake. I'll be sure not to make the same mistake again.

Hopefully the mod can see that.

Thanks again,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi BobbyT28 - Was this resolved with the mod?

• Advertisement

Sorry,

Yes it was I forgot to request the thread be closed.

It.was a misunderstanding.

Thanks again,
    BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cool. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement