Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby must haves

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I sterilised my pump equipment in a pot of boiling water and just left until needed. I think sterlising gets less important the older they get. I was still sterilising bottles when she going around licking the floor lol. Pointless exercise probably, but it just made me feel better

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I sterilised my pump equipment in a pot of boiling water and just left until needed. I think sterlising gets less important the older they get. I was still sterilising bottles when she going around licking the floor lol. Pointless exercise probably, but it just made me feel better

Sterilizing bottles for formula fed babies is more to do with the formula not being sterile rather than the bottle. That’s why it’s still important to sterilize bottles for formula fed babies even when they are licking the floor :-) Breastmilk has anti bacterial properties so that’s why sterilizing isn’t as important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I don't think it's to do with the formula not being sterile, that's apparently a marketing gimmick of companies selling the likes of the Tommee Tippee bottle prep machine (own one btw). It's more to do with the possibility of any formula milk residue inside the bottle, mixed in with saliva from the baby and the bacteria have a bit of a feast. The bacteria feasting on this inside the bottle could make baby ill, even while their licking floors and toilets... :-/

Advertisement