Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch Accessories Discussion Thread (Read Disclaimer in Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Corholio wrote: »
    Some things I picked up the last few weeks.

DPD Joy Con Rubber Grip. These are fantastic and hugely change the comfort of playing split joy con or handheld. It was fine before but not for longer periods, these are really comfortable to hold and have a 'bump' in the back for a better hold like a controller.

IMG_20171129_143021.jpg

IMG_20171129_143253.jpg

Myriann Expansion Card Slot. Very handy plastic card slot that fits into any Switch game box. It holds 7 carts and 2 micro sd cards. There are 2 of them in the box as well. Got them from Amazon.

IMG_20171129_143423.jpg

Did you get the rubber grip on amazon also?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Did you get the rubber grip on amazon also?

Here they are I think (presume DPD was a typo): PDP Nintendo Switch Comfort Grip £7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Here they are I think (presume DPD was a typo): PDP Nintendo Switch Comfort Grip £7.99

Yes, thanks for correcting, PDP.

I found the grey ones tough to find anywhere in the UK for an ok price, actually got mine from the US cheaper. Other colours seem a bit easier to get. Forgot to mention that the thumbgrips are also included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

How does the Pro Controller d-pad perform? Just reading some random comments saying it was not accurate at all! Not sure what that means though.

Decided to get the Pro Controller (it's down to £55 on Amazon so about €63), the Orzly tempered glass protectors and those PDP grips. :)

• Advertisement

So I was watching a YT about memory cards for the Switch - the reviewer said if you have a memory card inserted then e-shop downloads will automatically get stored on the memory card rather than the internal memory. To install to internal you have to take the memory card out first. Is that still the case now (the video was from back in June) or do you not get a choice where to download to?

Don't think I'll invest in a memory card just yet but I'm curious all the same.

/Edit: Has anyone bought the RDS Switch Case? Seems to get decent reviews.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MY9JB2U/ref=twister_B01N14XHML

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Andrew76 wrote: »

/Edit: Has anyone bought the RDS Switch Case? Seems to get decent reviews.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MY9JB2U/ref=twister_B01N14XHML

These look great! I wish I knew of their existence before buying the Orzly case, I really like the Sheikah Eye version.

Has anyone installed the Orzly tempered glass? I have a small blemish (not a bubble) under a small section that I can't shift. Does it settle after a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Has anyone installed the Orzly tempered glass? I have a small blemish (not a bubble) under a small section that I can't shift. Does it settle after a while?

Did someone here say to put it in a warm room/hotpress and the bubble will go by itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pac1Man wrote:

I tried to put one on. Got it on it wasn't aligned right, then I took it off & put it back on again, a teeny bit of dirt that I just couldn't get off the screen so I had to bin it :(
    I have a second but I'm afraid to put it on in case I mess it up :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

ERG89 wrote: »
    I tried to put one on. Got it on it wasn't aligned right, then I took it off & put it back on again, a teeny bit of dirt that I just couldn't get off the screen so I had to bin it :(
    I have a second but I'm afraid to put it on in case I mess it up :eek:

I put mine on straight out of the box so just gave a quick wipe with the cloth and didn’t use any other stuff. There was a small patch on one side that I couldn’t get rid of. Had to pry it up at the corner and let it back down but it’s on perfect now. Still not convinced I needed it but not as unsightly as they are on phones.

Pac1Man wrote: »

I had the same with mine, couldn't get rid of them initially so lifted the protector back up until I got to the affected area (so not totally off) then placed it back down and they went away then. I didn't want to wait a day or two to see if they would go on their own.

I had reservations about the Joycon's d-pad layout, going so far as researching different controllers prior to even trying it out.

I used it for over an hour yesterday playing Blaster Master and had zero issues. It might be different for fighting game fans but for the 8/16 bit style platformers I can't envisage having any problems with it.

Definitely the most pleasant surprise so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Any recommendations for a switch bag? For the console, dock, power, cables, 2 sets of joycons at least.

Mr E wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a switch bag? For the console, dock, power, cables, 2 sets of joycons at least.

Fairly ok one on Argos I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I bought the messenger bag from argos but it's cheaper in Smyths.

Loads of room for my dock, chargers, pro controller, etc.

Also has a secondary semi hard case that's great for when you are using the handheld around the house or just throwing it in your bag for the day.

I really like the fact that instead of just a fold over closing, it's fold over and zipped which saves those accidental openings and the thought of everything ending up on the ground in pieces. :o

Definitely worth the price IMHO

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/nintendo-switch-everyday-messenger-bag/p/162064

Got that bag in Argos. Thank God it's only 2 euro more expensive, I was expecting worse after your post. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Got that bag in Argos. Thank God it's only 2 euro more expensive, I was expecting worse after your post. :o

Its my dramatic writing style. :D

I didn't pay for mine anyway as it was gift but heard someone saying that it was cheaper in Smyths when I was in there recently.

Either way, it's fantastic value for such a well specc'ed bag. Especially when the inner case is similar to the ones being sold for around 18 on their own

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Anyone recommend a good, and not overly expensive, arcade stick for Switch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good, and not overly expensive, arcade stick for Switch?

Something like this perhaps?
    8bitdo Nes Themed Arcade Stick £65

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Something like this perhaps?
    8bitdo Nes Themed Arcade Stick £65

Yeah I saw that, although the reviews are so-so. The Hori seems to be the one to go for, but it's £50 more :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

What SD cards have people got? Any reccomendations? I had initially planned on getting the physical cartridges for it as I liked the idea, but digital is just so much handier.

Was thinking to go for a Sandisk 128GB SDXC. Something like this. Maybe there is a better card/ better value to be found. I don't think you need an adapter for it?

That looks good, J. It's class 10 so it's a good speed, and the price is right. I don't know the story about 1 brand vs another, but I've used SanDisk in the past without issue.

No adapter needed, it will plug into the Switch as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I bought this, thanks.

I have filled the internal memory already. Had to archive Super Bomberman and Stardew Valley so I could install Darkest Dungeon... it's really good!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcbazel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Controller/dp/B078788HDJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518009674&sr=8-3&keywords=sn30+pro

took a chance and ordered this. quite the bargain assuming it's the real deal. will report back once it arrives. free UK delivery so i used my parcel motel address (doesn't deliver to Ireland directly). primarily buying it for it's d-pad functionality, but it may end up as my main controller since i never bought a pro controller.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mcbazel-Wireless-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Controller/dp/B078788HDJ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1518009674&sr=8-3&keywords=sn30+pro

took a chance and ordered this. quite the bargain assuming it's the real deal. will report back once it arrives. free UK delivery so i used my parcel motel address (doesn't deliver to Ireland directly). primarily buying it for it's d-pad functionality, but it may end up as my main controller since i never bought a pro controller.

Update: I love it. It's the real deal. Great to have a nice dpad in a natural position. Thumb sticks are nice too, buttons feel good and responsive. I love the size, though those with large hands might find it a little on the small side.

Anyone recommend a good power bank? I'm looking for something reliable, charges fast, and slim (as will be going in a Switch case with not a lot of room in it). Just for back-up power, doesn't need crazy capacity (i'd say max 10,000mah)

Anyone recommend a good power bank? I'm looking for something reliable, charges fast, and slim (as will be going in a Switch case with not a lot of room in it). Just for back-up power, doesn't need crazy capacity (i'd say max 10,000mah)

I have an Anker Powerbank. It's been used to charge phones, tablets, Microsoft Surface and Switch.

I'd to use Addresspal for postage.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00VJSGT2A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_J-rKAbDBWPRF1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Anker Release Switch Power Banks
    tumblr_inline_p9xib2AXKX1rmjx4g_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_p9xib2cQ0Q1rmjx4g_500.jpg

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/174646703764

There are 2 sizes, the Anker PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition (priced at ¥6,980) and Anker PowerCore 20100 Nintendo Switch Edition (priced at ¥9,980), which converts to about €55 and €70 respectively.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    Anker Release Switch Power Banks
    tumblr_inline_p9xib2AXKX1rmjx4g_500.jpg

tumblr_inline_p9xib2cQ0Q1rmjx4g_500.jpg

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/174646703764

There are 2 sizes, the Anker PowerCore 13400 Nintendo Switch Edition (priced at ¥6,980) and Anker PowerCore 20100 Nintendo Switch Edition (priced at ¥9,980), which converts to about €55 and €70 respectively.

What makes these different to Ankers normal power bank?

I have one that looks exactly the same as the second photo bar the logo and it was £30.

Advertisement