Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 218 - Holloway v Aldo 2

Comments

Aldo gets it done tonight, I just have a feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aldo gets it done tonight, I just have a feeling.

Max might get over confident and Aldo could play it a bit safer, could very well pull out off, hopefully not though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Max might get over confident and Aldo could play it a bit safer, could very well pull out off, hopefully not though.

Max doesnt seem like that kind of character to me but who knows. I wasnt mad for this rematch at all when it was a announced a couple of weeks ago but now i cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Have a feeling aldo will win tonight by tko. Think Holloway will be a little to relaxed. Hope I'm wrong as would love to see McGregor vs Holloway again. And if loses that will never happen. If he wins why not Hollaway vs Mc gregor. Winner takes both belts.?? That would surely get the 100mil man interested.
    I'm going with
    Aldo
    Ngannou
    Gaethje

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I think we might see a slightly different Aldo. With the short camp I see him blasting leg kicks and going for the takedown and using his bjj.

I don't think he will want to stand and trade with Max for long at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I think we might see a slightly different Aldo. With the short camp I see him blasting leg kicks and going for the takedown and using his bjj.

I don't think he will want to stand and trade with Max for long at all.

His coaches are saying that he has no leg injury this time and his game plan will be leg kicks & Muay Thai which would be interesting to see, he was connecting with punches in the first fight before he got tired so if he mixes it up then it could make for a cracking fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It must have been true that Aldo's leg was injured the last time? Was watching the Hardy analysis and I didn't remember that Aldo threw no leg kicks, his bread and butter. What yez think, surely could make a difference or is that just Hardy hyping it? Last time it looked pretty pedestrian for Holloway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Pedestrian? He lost the first two rounds and got hurt to boot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hopefully Eddie gets stopped early - not looking forward to listening to his missus screaming for 3 rounds!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Eddie looked alot bigger and healthier than gaethje at the ceremonial weigh ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Rogan made an interesting point on Reem on his latest mma podcast, been ko'd 13 times in his career now. Be interesting to see if ngannou will be able to land his power with the step up in level.

Hoping for max, fran, gaethje.

I like Eddie but really hope Justin wins and in big fashion. He said he doesn't care about Conor and wants to fight Tony for the belt, right attitude to have imo, would make things very interesting at LW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hopefully Eddie gets stopped early - not looking forward to listening to his missus screaming for 3 rounds!! :pac:

EEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDIEIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Banshee cometh.....

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I like Eddie but really hope Justin wins and in big fashion. He said he doesn't care about Conor and wants to fight Tony for the belt, right attitude to have imo, would make things very interesting at LW.

I think that is bad though imo, either Conor is the champion or he is not. Tony should not be forced to fecking defend his interm belt, Vacate or Defend McNuggets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

Max seems to have a great chin. I think it'd see him through an unlikely off night and he'd get the job done anyway.

Eddie certainly does look in great shape though I bet on a KO from Gathje.

Don't know what to expect at HW - Francis is a specimen with power, Overeem a wily vet but chinny, or rather perhaps has taken too many smacks at this point. Worth noting he avoided Hunts power, but Hunt doesn't have a nearly 84 inch reach. Jaysus.

Max seems to have a great chin. I think it'd see him through an unlikely off night and he'd get the job done anyway.

Eddie certainly does look in great shape though I bet on a KO from Gathje.

Don't know what to expect at HW - Francis is a specimen with power, Overeem a wily vet but chinny, or rather perhaps has taken too many smacks at this point. Worth noting he avoided Hunts power, but Hunt doesn't have a nearly 84 inch reach. Jaysus.

I think body kicks will stop NGannou, no evidence behind that but its just a hunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,830 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Kirby wrote: »
    EEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDIEIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The Banshee cometh.....

You’re short 1 E

Well kinda hoped that if Justin wins and looks for a title shot and of Conor has no plans for a fight, they should just strip him. I'm a huge Conor fan but the LW title picture is stacked atm, doesn't deserve to be held up.

Hoping for Aldo/Reem/Gaethje wins :D

What time is Mangana fighting out? That is the chick that Cyborg bully beat down? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Even if Justin KOs in spectacular fashion in round one, every person in that division is behind Tony in the claim to demand a title fight.

If mcgregor doesn't defend by march he will surely be forced to vacate/ferguson next fight will be to cement the actual belt as opposed to the interim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm actually hoping for an Aldo win, not really sure why. Might do a wee bet now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Nice to hear that there's a big crowd in there for the prelims (can't see them though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Is there any way to watch the early prelims other than on Fight pass?

Normal prelims start at 1am on BT Sport right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Not legally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Is there any way to watch the early prelims other than on Fight pass?

Normal prelims start at 1am on BT Sport right?

sent you a pm there ;)

al hassan up next, another first round finish I reckon

mother of god that was nuts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Disgraceful refereeing he should be punished for that level of error.

• Advertisement

one of the craziest first rounds ive seen, daly diaz comes to mind as a comparison

Advertisement