Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 218 - Holloway v Aldo 2

Options

Comments

I hope Aldo can get the win here, for my bet but also because I used to love his fights. I dont want to see him lose 3 in 4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I hope Aldo can get the win here, for my bet but also because I used to love his fights. I dont want to see him lose 3 in 4

Need a Holloway Ko to save my night. Sorry José

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It depends. If we see aggressive, leg kick Aldo or not. The passive, pot shotting Aldo doesn't cut it. If he tries to do that, he'll tire and get stopped again. He needs to go for it and put Max under pressure.

D.Q wrote: »
    Need a Holloway Ko to save my night. Sorry José

Im already doing well tonight, I think if Aldo gets those leg kicks going he can KO Holloway so threw 30 on Aldo via KO :)

Two proper gents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Aldo looks a shadow of himself. Barely threw and mouth wide open breathing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Holloway is so good, aldos broken already

Max is so fresh. Absolute hero. Quickly becoming my favourite fighter

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The leg kicks are flying, we might actually have a fight here.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Some Aussie waffling in the pub here coming out with some gems.
    Aldo's jiu jitsu, the Kinehan cartel/crumlin crime and calling for combos. Jesus wept.

• Advertisement

Max picking up the pace, some engine on him

Interesting to not that Aldo odds increased after the first, despite probably winning the round. Gas tank woes l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Holloway is a ****ing animal. Time for jose to hang up the gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Beast.

Max my ****ing boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Party in Hawaii tonight :-)

That was dominant af.

Max is definitely one of the top 3 P4P at the moment. I don’t see anyone at 145 giving him huge problems.

martyos121 wrote: »
    That was dominant af.

Max is definitely one of the top 3 P4P at the moment. I don’t see anyone at 145 giving him huge problems.

He'll continue to clean up at 145. 3 more fights or so and he moves up to 155. Mark my words.

That was dominant af.

Was literally coming on here to say that. Definitely needs to be in that conversation. Incredible performance. And looks like he could do it twice over. Barely breathing heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Max's woman is one fine piece of ass

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    He'll continue to clean up at 145. 3 more fights or so and he moves up to 155. Mark my words.

Yeah for sure, maybe even sooner than that actually. Beat Edgar and the winner of Swanson vs. Ortega and he’s cleaned out the entire division from top to bottom.

155 has some dream fights in store for him, Nate in particular if he ever takes it (unlikely).

Yeah for sure, maybe even sooner than that actually. Beat Edgar and the winner of Swanson vs. Ortega and he’s cleaned out the entire division from top to bottom.

155 has some dream fights in store for him, Nate in particular if he ever takes it (unlikely).

For sure, but Nate is not fighting anyone not named Conor ever again. He'll fight Conor eventually and then retire.

Max P4P #1? He is close to it anyway

Kirby wrote: »
    For sure, but Nate is not fighting anyone not named Conor ever again. He'll fight Conor eventually and then retire.

At this stage even saying Conor will fight again is looking hairy, he probably will but if he isn’t booked in the next three months I’d worry for him. He’s the kind of guy that needs to be kept busy, he’s destructive when he isn’t.

Max P4P #1? He is close to it anyway

P4P is thrown around too much in the wrong context imo. You have to have shown you are able to go up and down in weight......and win....to be in a P4P conversation in my view.

It's why Mighty Mouse shouldn't be the number 1 because when he moved up, Dom absolutely ragdolled him.

If Max moves up and takes the 155 crown too, then he has the credentials to be the P4P best.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    Some Aussie waffling in the pub here coming out with some gems.
    Aldo's jiu jitsu, the Kinehan cartel/crumlin crime and calling for combos. Jesus wept.

And this is why I never bother watching sporting events, especially combat sports, in a pub. It's infruiating.

The worst is the rugby crowd who hush the place when someone is taking a kick. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭creeper1

My goodness that was brutal . The whole event with people battering the heads off each other.

I feel a bit like a caveman or something watching that.

My letter to Santa
    Max v Edgar
    Conor v Tony
    Max v Swanson/Ortega
    Conor v Khabib/Barboza
    Max v Conor rematch at 155

#DreamsCanComeThru

Mellor wrote: »
    My letter to Santa
    Max v Edgar
    Conor v Tony
    Max v Swanson/Ortega
    Conor v Khabib/Barboza
    Max v Conor rematch at 155

#DreamsCanComeThru

If Conor is going to fight three times in one night, he'll demand a stake in the moon. :p

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    And this is why I never bother watching sporting events, especially combat sports, in a pub. It's infruiating.

The worst is the rugby crowd who hush the place when someone is taking a kick. :rolleyes:
    It's usually not an issue as when it's busy you can't hear waffle over din. But today we had a nice quiet upstairs spot. Was nobody else just us and that clown. At one point my missus burst out laughing at something he came out with.

Advertisement