Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up for eir,given a two week wait for installation?

Options
  • 28-11-2017 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Visited the eir shop on Henry street Dublin to sign up for eir broadband, signed up and was told before I signed that the installation would be done within the week,now I have received the email with the installation date and its in two weeks time.

I was also asked when I would be available for the installation to happen,morning or evening, I said under no circumstances would my wife or I be able to be there in the morning or afternoon due to work,that we wouldnt be home until late in the evening,five at the earliest, I only signed when I was told this would be no problem at all, that it was going down for the late evening time, now the installation is penciled in for between 9 am and 1 am, so going completely against what I said would be possible!

What happens now as there is no way anyone will be here to let the installation person in at that time and it is going against the premise of why I signed up,that I would have broadband in.by this weekend,which was a big reason of me signing up in the first place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

flas wrote: »
    Visited the eir shop on Henry street Dublin to sign up for eir broadband, signed up and was told before I signed that the installation would be done within the week,now I have received the email with the installation date and its in two weeks time.

I was also asked when I would be available for the installation to happen,morning or evening, I said under no circumstances would my wife or I be able to be there in the morning or afternoon due to work,that we wouldnt be home until late in the evening,five at the earliest, I only signed when I was told this would be no problem at all, that it was going down for the late evening time, now the installation is penciled in for between 9 am and 1 am, so going completely against what I said would be possible!

What happens now as there is no way anyone will be here to let the installation person in at that time and it is going against the premise of why I signed up,that I would have broadband in.by this weekend,which was a big reason of me signing up in the first place.
    Hi flas, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having. 

Unfortunately, our technicians only work 9-5 Mon-Fri so would not be possible to arrange this outside these hours. The standard timeframe for a new installation is 10 working days pending cabling issues. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

Hi flas, 

Unfortunately, our technicians only work 9-5 Mon-Fri so would not be possible to arrange this outside these hours. The standard timeframe for a new installation is 10 working days pending cabling issues. 

Feel free to PM me your account number, name on the account and I'll clarify this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

What's the point if it is not going to be installed when I was originally told it would be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi flas, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

What's the point if it is not going to be installed when I was originally told it would be
    Hi flas,

We may not have any earlier appointments available, however, I can check this if you PM me your account number and full name. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to get you anything earlier.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi flas,

We may not have any earlier appointments available, however, I can check this if you PM me your account number and full name. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to get you anything earlier.

- Adam

There will be no person at the house between the hours of 7am until after 5 monday to Friday, I was told before ordering the service that this wouldn't be a problem,it seems like its a big problem as no one will be able to gain access to do the necessary work to get the insulation completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi flas,

- Adam

There will be no person at the house between the hours of 7am until after 5 monday to Friday, I was told before ordering the service that this wouldn't be a problem,it seems like its a big problem as no one will be able to gain access to do the necessary work to get the insulation completed.
    We may require somebody to be home when the technician goes out to your address I'm afraid. This depends on whether a technician is needed to install your services or not. I can't check on this for you without your account details.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement