Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charities/organizations that would take a second hand fridge

Options
  • 28-11-2017 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All,

The family bought a new fridge, the old one is still in perfect working condition, it’s just we needed something larger.

Tried contacting a few charities but they either haven’t got back in touch or they don’t accept electrical goods for health and safety reasons.

Would like to help someone in need out, especially with Christmas coming up. Does anyone know anywhere else I could try? I’ve tried SVP, Simon, Penny Dinners and Oxfam.

I don’t have means for drop off either so it would need to be collected.

Thanks in advance if you can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭MrDerp

It’s easier to sell stuff than give it away in my experience. Charity shops won’t take anything that’s large and might not sell, and those charities working directly with people will give new items as they can’t stand over the safety of used ones.

Put it on adverts.ie for whatever it’s worth and give the money to a charity of your choice. I sold a very basic old fridge freezer that would have been 150 new for 50 before, within 2 days. A landlord will take it off your hands at the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I was in a similar situation to you recently with a lot of older furniture and appliances. A local charity didn't reply to my message but I managed to get a few quid for nearly all of it using done deal and a local Facebook selling group. The only thing I found hard to sell was a washing machine but within 5 mins of advertising it as 'free to a good home' it was gone.

EDIT: you could always give the proceeds of the sale to a charity of your choice.

Advertisement