Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement PSU

Options
  • 28-11-2017 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭

I think I might need a replacement PSU but can anyone tell me how to rule out anything else before I buy one? It's only a cheap Dell optiplex 390 I bought and put in more ram, a graphics card and replaced the PSU.

Right now it has 6gb ram, gtx 460 and 500w power supply. When I plug it in I get no lights other than the orange ones on the Mobo, it happened a few times before and pulling out the usb wifi dongle and joypad worked and the power button etc lit up. Now nothing is happening regardless of what I disconnect. I've tried the paperclip test and the fan comes on bit nothing when I connect it back up to the Mobo.

What would be an ideal replacement if that is indeed what I need? I need 2 6 pin pci-e connectors and ideally as cheap as possible. I've paid very little for everything and want to keep it that way until I build a decent computer.

Advertisement