Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone else cash a postal order for me

• 28-11-2017 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi . i recently sold something online and the buyer sent me a postal order as payment. Normally this would be fine but im working 8am to 8pm every day for the next week and a bit so i wont get a chance to go to the post office.
    Is it possible to gibe the postal order to my partner or parents to cash for me even though it has my name on the postal order ? I could give them my driving licence or some other id to bring with them ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Kyle More

I doubt any financial institution will cash a cheque/postal order for another party on your behalf, even with your ID. What's to say that the postal order and ID weren't stolen from you and the thief is chancing their arm? It's a far fetched scenario, I know, but it's standard security procedure I'm afraid. I think the only thing you can do is get someone to lodge it to your account and wait for the funds to clear. Failing that, get a family member to give you the cash and endorse the postal order over to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi . i recently sold something online and the buyer sent me a postal order as payment. Normally this would be fine but im working 8am to 8pm every day for the next week and a bit so i wont get a chance to go to the post office.
    Is it possible to gibe the postal order to my partner or parents to cash for me even though it has my name on the postal order ? I could give them my driving licence or some other id to bring with them ?

Officially no, but if you were known in the post office they might.

Advertisement