Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Installation

Options
  • 29-11-2017 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Having huge problems getting Eir services set up in our new home. Over two weeks ago we put in our initial order for services on the basis that neighbours either side of us had got Eir and all was working fine. We were told that installation would take place on 27th November. When we received no contact and contacted Customer Service we were then advised that installation would not be until 29th November. This was a little annoying but so to ensure that the installation was going ahead as planned we phoned again today. We were today advised by without a shadow of a doubt the rudest ignorant customer agent I've ever encountered that the installation couldn't go ahead because work needed to be done on cabling. We asked when this was discovered and were advised that engineers were at our house on Saturday. Not so much as a call or an email to let us know. We asked why this couldn't have been explained to us on Monday and the response was 'well it's in my notes on the account'. In other words they couldn't be bothered. Today we have been advised that they would try to get the cabling done by 30th December and that when this was done we would have to schedule a connection - we almost started laughing! How do Eir actually do business with this sort of customer service? I will be straight on to Sky tomorrow and if they can do better than mid January next year for installation you'll have one less customer to worry about next year!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Having huge problems getting Eir services set up in our new home. Over two weeks ago we put in our initial order for services on the basis that neighbours either side of us had got Eir and all was working fine. We were told that installation would take place on 27th November. When we received no contact and contacted Customer Service we were then advised that installation would not be until 29th November. This was a little annoying but so to ensure that the installation was going ahead as planned we phoned again today. We were today advised by without a shadow of a doubt the rudest ignorant customer agent I've ever encountered that the installation couldn't go ahead because work needed to be done on cabling. We asked when this was discovered and were advised that engineers were at our house on Saturday. Not so much as a call or an email to let us know. We asked why this couldn't have been explained to us on Monday and the response was 'well it's in my notes on the account'. In other words they couldn't be bothered. Today we have been advised that they would try to get the cabling done by 30th December and that when this was done we would have to schedule a connection - we almost started laughing! How do Eir actually do business with this sort of customer service? I will be straight on to Sky tomorrow and if they can do better than mid January next year for installation you'll have one less customer to worry about next year!
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with your order since you placed it and for the level of customer service that you received while on the phone to our customer department.

I'm afraid that if there is additional work that needs to be completed before the services can be installed the forecast dates can be a lengthy time away due to the nature of work that's required to be carried out and the licenses and permits that are required before we can complete the work. if you PM me your account number and full name I can check if there's more information available on the work that needs to be carried out.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Deisedozzer

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with your order since you placed it and for the level of customer service that you received while on the phone to our customer department.

I'm afraid that if there is additional work that needs to be completed before the services can be installed the forecast dates can be a lengthy time away due to the nature of work that's required to be carried out and the licenses and permits that are required before we can complete the work. if you PM me your account number and full name I can check if there's more information available on the work that needs to be carried out.

- Adam

Thanks for coming back to me on this Adam.

Thankfully Vodafone are able to install and get us up and running within two weeks, a full month ahead of where we'd be if we'd stuck with Eir. When my wife tried to cancel our account this morning the customer representative hung up on her twice - I am glad we will no longer have to deal with this disgraceful customer service. Hopefully alternative providers such as Vodafone will start to eat into the Eir customer base as it is clear to me that Eir just do not care beyond getting you signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam

Thanks for coming back to me on this Adam.

Thankfully Vodafone are able to install and get us up and running within two weeks, a full month ahead of where we'd be if we'd stuck with Eir. When my wife tried to cancel our account this morning the customer representative hung up on her twice - I am glad we will no longer have to deal with this disgraceful customer service. Hopefully alternative providers such as Vodafone will start to eat into the Eir customer base as it is clear to me that Eir just do not care beyond getting you signed up.
    I am sorry to hear this.

Feel free to get back in touch if you have any queries going forward.

- Adam

Advertisement