Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightmare dealing with eir & sent to debt collector

Options
  • 29-11-2017 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

2 or so months ago I travelled to Toronto and had a high bill of roaming calls, which I paid in full in your Tallaght store and on the same day switched to Eir pay as you go (I was on sim only and thus no contract). A few weeks ago I received a letter from Cabot Financial advising that they are now collecting a debt of €466 on behalf of eir, which I have no idea why. I have spoken to Eir twice in the last 2 weeks and last week the agent said it was a different department who don’t open on weekends who can help me. I spoke to an agent a few days ago who couldn’t confirm how much I owed and why, couldn’t tell me why I was sent to Cabot, couldn’t log a complaint for me (he said complaints can’t be logged on the weekend) and when I asked for a personal access request of all my information he said that was not possible. Today I received another letter from Cabot threatening legal action. I have received about 6 letters in the last 2 weeks from Cabot. This is not acceptable level of customer service and I will be taking this further myself. I have never heard of any organization refusing to accept a complaint. I also know that I am within my rights to receive a personal access request. I am very disappointed in this poor level of customer service that I am receiving from Eir.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Customer support is dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    2 or so months ago I travelled to Toronto and had a high bill of roaming calls, which I paid in full in your Tallaght store and on the same day switched to Eir pay as you go (I was on sim only and thus no contract). A few weeks ago I received a letter from Cabot Financial advising that they are now collecting a debt of €466 on behalf of eir, which I have no idea why. I have spoken to Eir twice in the last 2 weeks and last week the agent said it was a different department who don’t open on weekends who can help me. I spoke to an agent a few days ago who couldn’t confirm how much I owed and why, couldn’t tell me why I was sent to Cabot, couldn’t log a complaint for me (he said complaints can’t be logged on the weekend) and when I asked for a personal access request of all my information he said that was not possible. Today I received another letter from Cabot threatening legal action. I have received about 6 letters in the last 2 weeks from Cabot. This is not acceptable level of customer service and I will be taking this further myself. I have never heard of any organization refusing to accept a complaint. I also know that I am within my rights to receive a personal access request. I am very disappointed in this poor level of customer service that I am receiving from Eir.
    Hi jayjay2010,

I'm very sorry to hear this. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check your account to see why you're receiving these letters.

- Adam

Advertisement