Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Konnected Smart Panel

Options
  • 29-11-2017 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hey Guys

I came across the Konnected Smart Panel today and it really caught my eye. It's currently a Kickstarter project and I'm seriously considering buying one of these but I would like your opinion first.

The Konnected Smart Panel claims to be able to replace your old security system panel and connect your existing alarm system to Samsung's Smartthings. It also claims to work with any wired alarm system.

I currently have an Astec 63d alarm system that needs a battery replaced and which I haven't really been using for a while now. I am a Samsung Smartthings user and would love to be able to integrate the sensors from my wired alarm system into my Smartthings setup and use this for monitoring my home.

Do you guys this this would be difficult to do if I did purchase one of these? Also how would I get my hands on the manual for the astec 63d to help me wire the panel?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nateclark/konnected-alarm-panel-revive-your-wired-alarm-syst/description

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Sauce wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I came across the Konnected Smart Panel today and it really caught my eye. It's currently a Kickstarter project and I'm seriously considering buying one of these but I would like your opinion first.

The Konnected Smart Panel claims to be able to replace your old security system panel and connect your existing alarm system to Samsung's Smartthings. It also claims to work with any wired alarm system.

I currently have an Astec 63d alarm system that needs a battery replaced and which I haven't really been using for a while now. I am a Samsung Smartthings user and would love to be able to integrate the sensors from my wired alarm system into my Smartthings setup and use this for monitoring my home.

Do you guys this this would be difficult to do if I did purchase one of these? Also how would I get my hands on the manual for the astec 63d to help me wire the panel?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nateclark/konnected-alarm-panel-revive-your-wired-alarm-syst/description

Someone else linked to that a few weeks ago.
    Only issue is the zones are not analysed meaning you can't have shock sensors with it.
    Id also advise using a power supply with its own back up battery.

Another interesting panel that has analysed zones for you to look at is here. Looks like a good system too.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Sauce

altor wrote: »
    Sauce wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Someone else linked to that a few weeks ago.
    Only issue is the zones are not analysed meaning you can't have shock sensors with it.
    Id also advise using a power supply with its own back up battery.

Another interesting panel that has analysed zones for you to look at is here. Looks like a good system too.

Thanks for replying Altor

Yeah I was thinking of using a power supply with a backup battery pack instead of leveraging off of the existing astec panels power supply.

I currently have a astec 63d. What is the best way of disconnecting this and putting it out of use so I can replace it with the Konnected panel? I'm assuming as soon as I tamper with it the alarm is going to go off?

Advertisement