Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be Careful Stacking Live Codes!

Options
  • 29-11-2017 6:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Just spent 30 mins on Xbox live chat support fixing this issue, so just a heads up.

Like many others I'm sure, I recently picked up 12months xbox live and EA access in the Amazon black Friday sale. My current subscription doesn't expire until March 2018 however given recent region issues on live codes, decided to bang in the new code and check everything worked before too much time had passed.

Redeemed the code online and was given the option of an additional free month if I turned on auto-renew. Thought why not as it can be cancelled at any time and accepted the auto-renew, all seemed good. Get an email telling me that my subscription will auto-renew on December 28th 2018 :eek::confused: The subscription should have been good to March 2018 + 12months + 1month = April 2019.

Support were very helpful and stated that as my existing subscription was prepaid and the new one was prepaid then I should have been able to stack, the issue seems to have been caused by accepting the auto renew option. After much back and fourth they cancelled my existing subscription, leaving the new one valid to December 28 2018 and then emailed me two 3 month codes so now I'm good to June 2019. Probably should have held off using the 3 month codes but I wanted to make sure everything was good while they were still online dealing with the case. I basically ended up getting 3.5 months free but I'd prefer not to have gone through the hassle and time wasting!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

SuperS54 wrote: »
    Just spent 30 mins on Xbox live chat support fixing this issue, so just a heads up.

Like many others I'm sure, I recently picked up 12months xbox live and EA access in the Amazon black Friday sale. My current subscription doesn't expire until March 2018 however given recent region issues on live codes, decided to bang in the new code and check everything worked before too much time had passed.

Redeemed the code online and was given the option of an additional free month if I turned on auto-renew. Thought why not as it can be cancelled at any time and accepted the auto-renew, all seemed good. Get an email telling me that my subscription will auto-renew on December 28th 2018 :eek::confused: The subscription should have been good to March 2018 + 12months + 1month = April 2019.

Support were very helpful and stated that as my existing subscription was prepaid and the new one was prepaid then I should have been able to stack, the issue seems to have been caused by accepting the auto renew option. After much back and fourth they cancelled my existing subscription, leaving the new one valid to December 28 2018 and then emailed me two 3 month codes so now I'm good to June 2019. Probably should have held off using the 3 month codes but I wanted to make sure everything was good while they were still online dealing with the case. I basically ended up getting 3.5 months free but I'd prefer not to have gone through the hassle and time wasting!

Yes, stacking Xbox Live codes has always been glitchy for some reason, it's generally not recommended. It can work fine, but the hassle of sorting it if it goes wrong sometimes means it's not worth it.

Advertisement