Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price on site

Options
  • 29-11-2017 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Select buy a new mobile, and bill pay plan at the following link, and continue:

https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/samsung-galaxy-s7/

It quotes a price of 25 pm for 12 months, then 45 for 12 months.

I spoke to an online customer service rep to try to upgrade. I expected to be given this price or better. He said this price was only available for broadband customers, although it quotes it when you state you are not as above.

I'm annoyed because he refused to acknowledge there was an error in the price I was given. He stuck to his position that I was wrong after I provided him with the same link. At that point it no longer is so much an error as deliberate bait and switch.

I'm going to cancel both my own and my wife's accounts and move to Tesco mobile who offer a more competitive price anyway. (My wife was also charged for an add on for months after cancelling it also.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I have a similar issue,

I am a broadband customer and signed up for the same offer. I received an e-mail this morning saying my broadband and mobile are being bundled together for 100euro and set to rise to 120euro. I didn't ask for it to be bundled and if they are separate I will be paying 50 for broadband and 25 for mobile. In the process of trying to get it sorted now.

Edit: just to update, I have been on to the online chat and since the phone. They have been trying to convince me that I signed up for a bundle, which I didn’t as it’s more expensive. I have decided to cancel the mobile. Seems to be a scam to get you signed up and then they hit you with a higher charge. I can’t understand where there confusion is coming from when the offer is clearly on the website. €25 for 12 months and €45 there after.

On hold 15 minutes since I said I was cancelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Select buy a new mobile, and bill pay plan at the following link, and continue:

https://www.eir.ie/store/mobile/phones/bill-pay/samsung-galaxy-s7/

It quotes a price of 25 pm for 12 months, then 45 for 12 months.

I spoke to an online customer service rep to try to upgrade. I expected to be given this price or better. He said this price was only available for broadband customers, although it quotes it when you state you are not as above.

I'm annoyed because he refused to acknowledge there was an error in the price I was given. He stuck to his position that I was wrong after I provided him with the same link. At that point it no longer is so much an error as deliberate bait and switch.

I'm going to cancel both my own and my wife's accounts and move to Tesco mobile who offer a more competitive price anyway. (My wife was also charged for an add on for months after cancelling it also.)
    Hi Terrell Bitter Tackle,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you advise where you are seeing this offer, please? The cheapest offer on the link that you have provided me with is €30 per month for the duration of the contract. There is nothing there for €25 rising to €45. I may be missing this though. These offers are also only for new customers. If you're upgrading you will need to give us a ring as you're not able to upgrade online. 

- Adam

Jofspring wrote: »
    I have a similar issue,

I am a broadband customer and signed up for the same offer. I received an e-mail this morning saying my broadband and mobile are being bundled together for 100euro and set to rise to 120euro. I didn't ask for it to be bundled and if they are separate I will be paying 50 for broadband and 25 for mobile. In the process of trying to get it sorted now.

Edit: just to update, I have been on to the online chat and since the phone. They have been trying to convince me that I signed up for a bundle, which I didn’t as it’s more expensive. I have decided to cancel the mobile. Seems to be a scam to get you signed up and then they hit you with a higher charge. I can’t understand where there confusion is coming from when the offer is clearly on the website. €25 for 12 months and €45 there after.

On hold 15 minutes since I said I was cancelling.
    Hi there,

I'm very sorry to hear this. If you PM me your number and PIN for your mobile account, and your account number for your broadband account as well as your full name I'll take a look into this to see what's going on here.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Select buy a new eir mobile and bill pay plan on the link I provided and it still gives the price I mentioned.

About being a new customer, I'm on a rolling contract which I would have already quit only the Tesco price went up 100 today, I discovered when I went into their shop. If the price still being given to me on your site is in fact available to me then I might sign up to that.

Select buy a new eir mobile and bill pay plan on the link I provided and it still gives the price I mentioned.

About being a new customer, I'm on a rolling contract which I would have already quit only the Tesco price went up 100 today, I discovered when I went into their shop. If the price still being given to me on your site is in fact available to me then I might sign up to that.
    Unfortunately, I'm unable to find the plan that you are referring to on the website. Can you send me a screenshot of it please?

- Adam

• Advertisement

You get the price by following the directions I gave from the link. Bit confused why you aren't seeing it but here is a screenshot as requested.

So I think I need to quit my contract and then sign up again to get the best price for the phone? Seems like a lot of pointless hassle

Got it from Komplett instead. Nuce phone. Not impressed with responses here or when I originally tried to sign up online. Will be switching our accounts to a different provider.

Got it from Komplett instead. Nuce phone. Not impressed with responses here or when I originally tried to sign up online. Will be switching our accounts to a different provider.
    Hi,

I'm really sorry for the delay here I was waiting for an update on this. I'm afraid this offer was for new customers only.

Sorry to hear you're switching providers.

- Adam

Advertisement