Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a test bench in Dublin

Options
  • 29-11-2017 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello all. Looking for help locating a test bench or a boardsie in Dublin to test some parts after a power outage. My son built the rig 4 months ago so all parts are new from Amazon. Parts are CPU G4560, motherboard Asus Prime B250M-Plus, GPU Zotac 1050, RAM Adata 8gb RAM, PSU Corsair CX450. He spent all of last night trouble shooting it and the only thing he could not do is clear the CMOS as he did not have the jumper for the motherboard. As his exams start next week I'd prefer to pay someone with experience to diagnosis the problem and get the PC up and running again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You can clear BIOS/CMOS by disconnecting/removing the motherboard battery.
    https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clear-cmos-2624545

• Registered Users Posts: 8 surfturf

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You can clear BIOS/CMOS by disconnecting/removing the motherboard battery.

Thanks for the quick reply. He tried that but the motherboard still refuses to post. The reason I'm looking for a test bench is to see if the CPU is toast which is what he thinks it might be.

UPDATE : I had a go myself and left the battery out for an hour while I went out. When I came back it let me get to the bios so all good now. Thanks again K.O.Kiki. Will be fun when he gets home and sees it working. Life in this old dog yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Love this, you'll be in the good books tonight for sure.

Advertisement