Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pharmacia cocktail bar any feed back?

• 29-11-2017 11:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Any here been there?What you think of it?
    Also would it suit a staff night out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I was there once for a gig upstairs. It was meh. Nothing more than average (if even that). Maybe it was just the night so dont let me put you off. Try heading in for a couple of cocktails some night your off and youll be able to make your own mind up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I know they do a very good Old Fashioned!

I haven't had a proper night out there yet, but I'll be there for a few hours tonight. More likely to be drinking pints myself, but I'll see what the cocktail menu is like.

It should have the space for a staff night out anyway, but I've no idea what arrangements they'd be able to make with regards to food, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I live right beside Pharmacia and generally go there to meet people rather than walking into town. I think it's a really nice spot. They get a nice, friendly crowd and it's a very relaxed vibe. I would definitely recommend for a Christmas party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Go in there and ask for Angela. You'll be sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

iv been a few times and like the place. the bar can be kind of slow at times, but it is a cocktail bar, so its expected. they're giving out some free samples from their winter menu on Friday. would recommend for a party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

We went there for a pre-meal reception type of thing before our work do this week ( yes , we had ours very early) - it was fine, but we were a small enough group, if its a big group it might be a bit packed - you'd need to book an area to be reserved probably. They were very accomodating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What's the story here? I saw some bloke asking for change for cigarettes: "Sorry, we have no change for cigarettes", but they gave him a pint and his change when he handed them a tenner....

Non non alcoholic beers either.... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

seachto7 wrote:
    What's the story here? I saw some bloke asking for change for cigarettes: "Sorry, we have no change for cigarettes", but they gave him a pint and his change when he handed them a tenner....

Think that's fair enough. It can be difficult for small buisnesses to be giving out change when they need it for paying customers. Is there a cigarette machine in pharmacia?

This has become a favourite spot of mine. One of the very, very few places I'll venture out to past 10pm in Limerick. Really nice crowd, booze and set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

panda100 wrote: »
    Think that's fair enough. It can be difficult for small buisnesses to be giving out change when they need it for paying customers. Is there a cigarette machine in pharmacia?

This has become a favourite spot of mine. One of the very, very few places I'll venture out to past 10pm in Limerick. Really nice crowd, booze and set up.

I don't smoke, so maybe not, so fair enough. No non alcho beer though :(

Think I might be too old for the joint as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mdmix

bar staff changed recently which has had an effect. still a nice place to go out but would avoid cocktails and go for pints instead

• Advertisement
Advertisement