Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Concord throwing "System Phone Trouble"

Options
  • 29-11-2017 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,moved into our house 6 years ago and it has an existing Eircom Concord Alarm. It has been unmonitored since then. I've had a few issues over the years with Batteries and sensors which you guys have helped with. However yesterday the Alarm threw the "System Phone Trouble" alarm. Wife inputted code to turn beeping off but the message remains in the status log. I am presuming based on previous experience we may get this error accompanied with the usual beeps every 24 hrs until we address the issue. Seems strange that it would go off after 6 years unmonitored. Alarm is connected to an eircom phone connection but this line has not been in use since we moved in.
    Note the only code I have is the code to disarm the alarm. I have used this to change the time as I was previously getting notices at 3am when the battery was low so maybe this code is also the Eng code?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thx,DG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,moved into our house 6 years ago and it has an existing Eircom Concord Alarm. It has been unmonitored since then. I've had a few issues over the years with Batteries and sensors which you guys have helped with. However yesterday the Alarm threw the "System Phone Trouble" alarm. Wife inputted code to turn beeping off but the message remains in the status log. I am presuming based on previous experience we may get this error accompanied with the usual beeps every 24 hrs until we address the issue. Seems strange that it would go off after 6 years unmonitored. Alarm is connected to an eircom phone connection but this line has not been in use since we moved in.
    Note the only code I have is the code to disarm the alarm. I have used this to change the time as I was previously getting notices at 3am when the battery was low so maybe this code is also the Eng code?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thx,DG

More than likely the power to the line has been turned off by Eir.
    The reason for the fault is the system does a line test, or in reality just checks for the voltage on the line.
    Only way to get around it is to turn off the line monitor but you would need to do this in engineer mode.
    The user code would not give you access to this.
    The system itself can be connect to a computer to get this code or else you would need an engineer to do a full default and set back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dubh_Ghaill

Thank you Altor,
    I had thought this was a possibility as some other alarms went off on road around same time. However issue has not reoccurred so I guess ( fingers crossed ) it was a once off due to Eir maintenance.
    DG

This issue has started again unfortunately. Any ideas on options I have besides calling Phonewatch? Looks like I don't have the Engineering Code but if I can get this and instructions on how to disable the line check I'm more than willing to do it myself ( or try! ).
    DG

This issue has started again unfortunately. Any ideas on options I have besides calling Phonewatch? Looks like I don't have the Engineering Code but if I can get this and instructions on how to disable the line check I'm more than willing to do it myself ( or try! ).
    DG

If you bought the alarm originally from Eircom then you can request the engineer code. This will allow you delete the numbers and turn off the phone test.

Unfortunately the alarm was in place when we bought the house. Only code provided was to arm/disarm the alarm.

• Advertisement

Phonewatch have finally provided the Engineering code. Would it be possible to get instructions in order to delete the phone numbers from the alarm and also disable the line check.

Many thanks,
    DG

Phonewatch have finally provided the Engineering code. Would it be possible to get instructions in order to delete the phone numbers from the alarm and also disable the line check.

Many thanks,
    DG

Press 8 ENG CODE 00
    Scroll to phone menu and delete the numbers using the D button then press # for each one that was programmed.

Advertisement