Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I still receiving bills by email for a cancelled account - bb/phone

Options
  • 29-11-2017 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I closed my account in August after emigrating. I am still receiving bills. Can you please check my account is closed. 

Act no: <removed>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I see you have responded to several other threads posted after this one. I would appreciate a response. I cancelled my landline and bb package in August and I am still receiving emails from billing with ever increasing amounts. Please confirm this account is closed.

I have tried here, facebook, twitter, email. Nobody can cancel my apparently still active line (the account I CLOSED in August). I was told to call 1901 by all reps online. How am I supposed to call 1901 from a FOREIGN number. One rep asked me if I had moved my service to my new address. Yeah I moved my auld bb package over to New York with me. Handy.

I found a direct number for CS and I gave my account number. I was told to please hold as that account was on the "old system". I am still holding half an hour later. 

Not good enough. You have the account number. Someone close it out please. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

percy212 wrote: »
    I have tried here, facebook, twitter, email. Nobody can cancel my apparently still active line (the account I CLOSED in August). I was told to call 1901 by all reps online. How am I supposed to call 1901 from a FOREIGN number. One rep asked me if I had moved my service to my new address. Yeah I moved my auld bb package over to New York with me. Handy.

I found a direct number for CS and I gave my account number. I was told to please hold as that account was on the "old system". I am still holding half an hour later. 

Not good enough. You have the account number. Someone close it out please. 
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your account. For data protection reasons, your account number will automatically be removed. can you send this to me in a PM and confirm your full name, please?

- Adam

Thank you. Details sent.

Thank you. Details sent.
    Thanks, I've responded to your PM.

- Adam

• Advertisement

All very strange. I contacted eircom by phone as suggested and the account is in fact already cancelled. I'm going with that! Thanks for your help.

All very strange. I contacted eircom by phone as suggested and the account is in fact already cancelled. I'm going with that! Thanks for your help.
    Hi,

I have sent you a PM about this.

- Adam

I got your PM thank you. You are saying the account is open. When I spoke to someone on the ACTUAL PHONE on Friday she assured me the account was closed. So, unless you close whatever you are finding attached to my name, it will remain as it is. I am done with the runaround. 

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Same problem. PM sent EIR ADAM

Advertisement