Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best app for managing money

• 29-11-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for apps for managing and tracking my money. I've downloaded a few different apps at this stage, but none are quite what I'm looking for. So I'm hoping someone here will have some good tips.

I obviously want the ability to track expenditure, but the main feature that I want is the ability to set up multiple accounts (representing my savings accounts, current accounts, credit cards etc) and track money in and out.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭dohouch

I'm using Fast Budget on Android

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY (not just gobble down!) many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Financisto (Android). There's loads of them though, try out a couple and see what you like

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oEmmao

i use SPENSA, the pro one doesnt do a whole lot more than the free version, i have been using it daily for 3 years now

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭oghran

Get YNAB, you won’t regret it. I’ve used it for 4 years and it tracks all my personal and business transactions and accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Just use excel and format it whichever way you like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Just use excel and format it whichever way you like.

This.

I have a couple of spreadsheets on the go and on the first of every month I download the previous month's transactions and update it. Different tabs for different things such as utilities, grocery shopping, insurance premiums etc. I am able to see at a glance the running totals for each category for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Excel would obviously work, but I want something on my phone that is easily accessible.

I’ve tried and downloaded quite a few apps now. So far, the best one I’ve found is Money Lover. Some of the functionality is designed a bit oddly, but I’ve been able to make it do everything I want, so I’m happy with it for now. It has multiple “wallets”, which I’ve set up for my various accounts & credit cards. I can set up recurring transactions, traansfer beteeen wallets, track based on income/expense type etc.

Advertisement