Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium Numbers

Options
  • 29-11-2017 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

I want to know what percentage eir makes on the premium number scam. 7.50 came through on my bill. 

There is no outgoing text on my phone but there was incoming texts. These were the day after my son was born so I was obviously flustered and dismissed the incoming as spam. Which it obviously is.

I have obviously cancelled my direct debit and paid my actual bill by credit card

I am so disappointed as I was looking to change my internet and TV to eir in January when both my virgin and eir were up for renewal. But I feel I cannot trust them with my direct debit. 

I never usually even check my bill but in this case cash is getting tight due to me been a self employed person who cant work after a cancer diagnosis, not to mind a 10 day old child.

Can people help me with what legal action they are like to take for the 15 euro (7.50x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

This post is obviously a warning to others that eir seem to want to use this as a new revenue source

But for most importantly I want to know what the commission they take is so we are all well informed

Are you going to continue to ignore telling us how much you are profiting by scamming your customers?

And to follow up you have made an unauthorised withdrawal from my account

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Can you answer why you illegally reset up a direct debit to my bank account after it was cancelled. Have talked to my bank and it is a regular occurrence by all accounts. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I here publically state that I have requested that you delete my direct debit details from my bank account. I will use this as a record if you reset it up again to prove you have broken my rights under the freedom of information act

I would finally appreciate a response
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Meteor (owned by Eir) did exactly the same thing to me. I cancelled the direct debit after repeated overcharging, and paid online every month. 3 months later they submitted a new mandate without my permission.

Under the SEPA scheme you can request that your bank refund any SEPA payment without question. They'll ask you to fill in a form but that's about it. You'll also need to ask them to blacklist Eir to prevent them setting up another mandate in future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

gypsy79 wrote: »
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Can you answer why you illegally reset up a direct debit to my bank account after it was cancelled. Have talked to my bank and it is a regular occurrence by all accounts. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I here publically state that I have requested that you delete my direct debit details from my bank account. I will use this as a record if you reset it up again to prove you have broken my rights under the freedom of information act

I would finally appreciate a response
    [/font]
    Hi gypsy79,

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you.

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having on your account, I understand this is frustrating.

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you.

In relation to your first post, this would be internal information and we would unable to disclose this to the general public I'm afraid.

Thanks

Tracey

I have PM'ed. Not that I expect any resolution given the outright rudeness encountered so far

You can publically state the percentage cut your company takes on Premium Numbers scams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I have PM'ed. Not that I expect any resolution given the outright rudeness encountered so far

You can publically state the percentage cut your company takes on Premium Numbers scams?
    I'm afraid that is internal information and we can't provide it to you.

- Adam

Why dont you tell people how much you are taking on a scam? You could block these but you dont because you profit massively

I can prove that no text went out from my phone and you can see that but you are profitting my guess would be to the tune of 50% given Apple charges 30% for legitimate sales.

Can you publically state that you wont illegally reset up a direct debit on my account and that you have in fact deleted these details as I have instructed under the Freedom of Information act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Why dont you tell people how much you are taking on a scam? You could block these but you dont because you profit massively

I can prove that no text went out from my phone and you can see that but you are profitting my guess would be to the tune of 50% given Apple charges 30% for legitimate sales.

Can you publically state that you wont illegally reset up a direct debit on my account and that you have in fact deleted these details as I have instructed under the Freedom of Information act?
    It is not possible for us to set up a direct debit on an account after it has been cancelled. As soon as you give us our details, they are no longer visible to us for security reasons. So there's a couple of things that could have happened here. The direct debit may not have been removed from your account successfully or we may have already requested the direct debit payment before your details were removed. If you PM me your account number and full name I can check if these have since been removed from your account.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement