Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Confusedas wrote: »
    takodah wrote: »
    No one knows for sure. I am just guessing in my answer going off what others have said here and what happened last campaign. My mate scored 68 last campaign. Took them 2.5 years from AC pass to starting. Bearing in mind stormont collapse and cheating scandle would delay the proces.

This campaign is running far quicker so looks promising. I’m in the 65-70 bracket and somone told me on this they predict with the speed this new one is going that I could be autumn or early 2019 by the time that (if I’m lucky) I will start.

I would fully enter the new campaign in autumn if I still didn’t have the call. They might (funding dependant) exhaust our campaign list. So the answer is there is no answer lol. We will have a better idea when the freedom of information request comes in breaking down how many passed in each score bracket. Hope that helps bud.

2.5 years? Dafuq?

There's folk still waiting mate....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    The fact that you are doing it now weel ahead of a likely PCA date will massively lift that worry off your shoulders, i think that is one of the benefits of scoring in the bottom and middle, you have longer to phys.
    Anybody who scores high should be already physically fit and always should be so to speak combat ready as you could be called at any time

Key word being should.

Everyone is different and has differentt lives, pressures, committments etc.

I am fully of the opinion that you should be fit, but I also have two working breed dogs so it fits in with that "commitment"

And play sports so fits in with that "commitment"

Yeah that's true if you have commitments that are physically demanding it helps alot

The fitter you are the easier you will find the job and the studying.

You will stay sharp when others begin to fade.

You will recover from long shifts better.

Will FEEL better when rested etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Fitness is important. Exercise is the best mood booster and looks after the mental health. I strongly recommend to anyone serious about this career to think about how they will look after their mental health now so they can when they are in the middle of the high stress situations.

Not that women aren’t affected but young men in particular are terrible at talking about mental health and being proactive to look after it.

All you have to do is look at the photo on the wall in GV beside the big hall that has all then murdered officers and then it at the bottom that says about the number who took their own life.

Shift work, poor routines, added stress of threat and job pressures- everything screams challenging if you don’t look after yourself. Being fit is half of it. Mentally fit the other half.

takodah wrote: »
    Fitness is important. Exercise is the best mood booster and looks after the mental health. I strongly recommend to anyone serious about this career to think about how they will look after their mental health now so they can when they are in the middle of the high stress situations.

Not that women aren’t affected but young men in particular are terrible at talking about mental health and being proactive to look after it.

All you have to do is look at the photo on the wall in GV beside the big hall that has all then murdered officers and then it at the bottom that says about the number who took their own life.

Shift work, poor routines, added stress of threat and job pressures- everything screams challenging if you don’t look after yourself. Being fit is half of it. Mentally fit the other half.

Additionally to this you need to keep doing the things you enjoy.

See friends

Meet up with family

Spend time with your dogs and if you are that way inclined cats (not a cat person)

Play sports

Play your games console

Read a book

Watch yoir favourite shows.

Work to live not live to work. Yes it's a vocation and you will have to try a bit harder than most to maintain that healthy balance.

• Advertisement

And for the love of god go on holiday god knows you'll be able to afford with with the over time and TOIL

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

Does anyone who was fast tracked know if we get an email to confirm passing the SMT? - I have no fears, but would like to know it’s completed and I’m just waiting on THE CALL!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

If any boardies are at today’s PC farmiliarisation session say hello :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

ML515 wrote: »

Hey, I hope I’m right in saying that only people invited so far to complete their PCA are aware of where and when the familiarisation sessions are?

One moment a lot of us are talking about the next step from results and then a few of you guys that are fast tracked pop up. Hard to follow sometimes! Haha

Hey, I hope I’m right in saying that only people invited so far to complete their PCA are aware of where and when the familiarisation sessions are?

One moment a lot of us are talking about the next step from results and then a few of you guys that are fast tracked pop up. Hard to follow sometimes! Haha

It's nore down to a security precautiib reference Threat from Dissident Republican Terrorists

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

It's nore down to a security precautiib reference Threat from Dissident Republican Terrorists

No no I get that. I meant that with the mixture of people here, some fast tracked, some not, I keep thinking I’ve missed something

No no I get that. I meant that with the mixture of people here, some fast tracked, some not, I keep thinking I’ve missed something
    You wont just set email to Flag any thing tbat comes through with PSNI on it

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Yeah that’s true. Also, if you’ve beeb involved in previous campaigns you’ll have a general idea location wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Is there a list of boardies fast tracked and their scores?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Goonerdee wrote: »

Nik is good at making lists :)
    I'll start with mine 70-75
    Fast tracked

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Does anyone who was fast tracked know if we get an email to confirm passing the SMT? - I have no fears, but would like to know it’s completed and I’m just waiting on THE CALL!

Was expecting the email by now buddy, but I'm in the same boat as you! Just want to be able to say I'm not waiting on anything coming back anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

Rossco22 wrote: »

Was expecting the email by now buddy, but I'm in the same boat as you! Just want to be able to say I'm not waiting on anything coming back anymore!

Exactly, it’s just to know the process is complete. I believe the PSNI get the results within 7 days, so considering Monday was a bank holiday they may have got them today was my thinking, then maybe a day or two to let people know. Maybe they won’t actually contact us unless there’s an issue anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Lily79 wrote: »
    Goonerdee wrote: »

Nik is good at making lists :)
    I'll start with mine 70-75
    Fast tracked

70-75 fast tracked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Fast track. Anyone else between 65-70 been fast tracked??

Rossco22: 75-80
    NIK9: 75-80
    Loremaster Teclis: 75-80
    snickett4: 75-80
    TheBigLight: 70-75
    Lily79: 70-75
    HankSchrader1: 70-75
    Bananarama1512: 70-75
    Faugha: 70-75
    Davidb1988: 70-75
    Mb91: 70-75
    Anni123: 70
    ML515: 65-70
    ktrsd: 65-70

Rossco22 wrote: »

Exactly, it’s just to know the process is complete. I believe the PSNI get the results within 7 days, so considering Monday was a bank holiday they may have got them today was my thinking, then maybe a day or two to let people know. Maybe they won’t actually contact us unless there’s an issue anyway!

It will be a simple HPLC test and it won't take Randox that long to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

Is this campaign the first time applying for anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Ref the SMT the guy told me a week but more than likely send everyone's results back at once. So probably end of this week.
    I got a sneaky look at name sheet as g4s was checking my ID and there was a fast track due in every 30mins and the nurse said they were running all week. So I assumed a week from the last person to be tested on the Fri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

I got 69 but not fast tracked. First time applying

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ktrsd

Slo85 wrote: »

Weird. I got the same and was fast tracked. Didn't really do especially well in IST/SJT.

ktrsd wrote: »

Weird. I got the same and was fast tracked. Didn't really do especially well in IST/SJT.

I know someone who got 70 and not fast tracked either. Who knows how they do it.

Probs timing of AC?

Probs timing of AC?

Mine was very early.

Probs timing of AC?

Mine was very early.

Hmmmmmm vetting maybe

Probs timing of AC?

Mine was very early.

Hmmmmmm vetting maybe

Who would know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

So a couple of questions, the PCA familiarisation class.... are we invited to that once we are given a PCA date? Also do they carry out the PCA by order or merit or will we all go through it ASAP and then just await call when our merit order is reached? Thanks

Advertisement