Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Tom_90 wrote: »
    So a couple of questions, the PCA familiarisation class.... are we invited to that once we are given a PCA date? Also do they carry out the PCA by order or merit or will we all go through it ASAP and then just await call when our merit order is reached? Thanks

You will get an email with your PCA date and familiarisation date. It's goes in merit order who gets these emails first.
    Once at your PCA, it goes in alphabetical order for the day.
    Lower scores won't have PCA for a good few months as it is only active for 6 months. And if it expires it has to be retested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

Thanks Nik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Slo85 wrote: »
    ktrsd wrote: »
    I got 69 but not fast tracked. First time applying

Weird. I got the same and was fast tracked. Didn't really do especially well in IST/SJT.
    Probs timing of AC?

Mine was very early.

Hmmmmmm vetting maybe

Who would know.

Might have been how early vetting forms were returned bit odd tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Weird. I got the same and was fast tracked. Didn't really do especially well in IST/SJT.

I know someone who got 70 and not fast tracked either. Who knows how they do it.
    Yes guys I got 70 and was included in that fast track list there Nik9 posted but I wasn’t fast tracked either!!

I know someone who got 70 and not fast tracked either. Who knows how they do it.
    Yes guys I got 70 and was included in that fast track list there Nik9 posted but I wasn’t fast tracked either!!

Oh that's really weird that some people with good scores wernt fast tracked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

NiK9 wrote: »
    Ref the SMT the guy told me a week but more than likely send everyone's results back at once. So probably end of this week.
    I got a sneaky look at name sheet as g4s was checking my ID and there was a fast track due in every 30mins and the nurse said they were running all week. So I assumed a week from the last person to be tested on the Fri.

Re: the lists - I asked when I was there and they said medicals were only being run on two days last week, about 15 people on the list for my day and you were the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

I wonder if they then take into consideration peoples qualifications that are over and above the minimum requirements?

Pretty safe to say if you are in the region of fast track scores but werent fast tracked you are defs getting in pending a pass at all other stages.

As that has Industrial Tribunal written all over it

I wonder if they then take into consideration peoples qualifications that are over and above the minimum requirements?

Do you mean educational qualifications?

Mb91 wrote: »
    Ref the SMT the guy told me a week but more than likely send everyone's results back at once. So probably end of this week.
    I got a sneaky look at name sheet as g4s was checking my ID and there was a fast track due in every 30mins and the nurse said they were running all week. So I assumed a week from the last person to be tested on the Fri.

Re: the lists - I asked when I was there and they said medicals were only being run on two days last week, about 15 people on the list for my day and you were the day before

Oh maybe the nurse meant she was busy all week. Well if it was only the 2 days of us there, then it's pretty much guarateed for us to be the first class??

• Advertisement

They can't Police Recruitment Regulations (2001) forbid it, must be in merit order. Education qualifications can only be used to disqualify.

If you have x anount of GCSEs or equivalent or you don't.

If you have x anount of GCSEs or equivalent or you don't.
    Yeah I mean I have above the requirements of GCSEs and have a levels but didn’t think that mattered as long as you have the required 5 GCSEs everyone’s equal

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/nisr/2001/140/regulation/2/made

You are either a qualified candidate or you aren't

By the pattern, i.e. not time of AC i suspect there was a range of scores and candidates were randomly selected out of that range for fast tracking.

Yes that’s what I thought. Just very odd with the fast tracking

Yes that’s what I thought. Just very odd with the fast tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Could it be possible that some people with high scores weren't fast tracked as they didn't have the educational requirements at the AC?
    Just a thought..

What stage are you at Banterbus? Are you waiting for your PCA or are you one of the fast trackers?

Could it be possible that some people with high scores weren't fast tracked as they didn't have the educational requirements at the AC?
    Just a thought..
    I thought this possible too, but I had my certificates with me so no idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Mb91 wrote: »

Oh maybe the nurse meant she was busy all week. Well if it was only the 2 days of us there, then it's pretty much guarateed for us to be the first class??

That’s what I was thinking! Would hope so anyway, fingers crossed!

Lol oh well I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Lol oh well I'm sure it will all work out in the end.
    More time to prepare for the next stages!

Exactly...I'm one of the low scorers at the AC but I'm trying to look on it as a positive.. e.g more prep time for other stages so I think no matter what stage you are at you have to look at it in a positive way. We will all make it...no need to rush it..good things are coming are way!

Exactly...I'm one of the low scorers at the AC but I'm trying to look on it as a positive.. e.g more prep time for other stages so I think no matter what stage you are at you have to look at it in a positive way. We will all make it...no need to rush it..good things are coming are way!
    Exactly no matter our score we’ve all done so well and will get there in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

I got between 55-60 and I’m just looking at it as extra chance to get fit. I genuinely didn’t think I passed the AC, the whole day to me was a disaster. So I didn’t bother with my fitness like I should have. Going to join a gym this weekend :D

What stage are you at Banterbus? Are you waiting for your PCA or are you one of the fast trackers?

Neither patiently waiting for 2018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    I got between 55-60 and I’m just looking at it as extra chance to get fit. I genuinely didn’t think I passed the AC, the whole day to me was a disaster. So I didn’t bother with my fitness like I should have. Going to join a gym this weekend :D

Thats how I’m looking at my score, it gives me more time to prep for the PCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Sorry guys my daughter has closed my account

• Advertisement

Slo18 wrote: »
    Sorry guys my daughter has closed my account

Hehe wee fingers button bashing?

Advertisement