Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Slo18 wrote: »
    Sorry guys my daughter has closed my account

Hehe wee fingers button bashing?

Yup and once it’s closed I don’t know how to reactivate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

What's the timescales for a response to the FOI? @NiK9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

stm1 wrote: »
    What's the timescales for a response to the FOI? @NiK9

It's meant to be 20 working days. But the average I've seen lately is around 2 months lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Hi Guys, in relation to the upcoming recruitment campaign in autumn 2018, what impact will this have on the merit list of 1710? Is it possible that those scoring higher in the future campaign will overtake those on the merit list for 1710? (or even worse they bin the merit list for 1710) or does this signify a healthy recruitment budget enabling them to take everyone from 1710 ASAP? I scored at the high end of 55-60 and my concern is evidently the former. Going by this years timescales, it will be roughly this time next year when AC results for autumn 18 are released, and going by previous years it is difficult to envision anyone on scores such as mine getting a call in that period of time.

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, in relation to the upcoming recruitment campaign in autumn 2018, what impact will this have on the merit list of 1710? Is it possible that those scoring higher in the future campaign will overtake those on the merit list for 1710? (or even worse they bin the merit list for 1710) or does this signify a healthy recruitment budget enabling them to take everyone from 1710 ASAP? I scored at the high end of 55-60 and my concern is evidently the former. Going by this years timescales, it will be roughly this time next year when AC results for autumn 18 are released, and going by previous years it is difficult to envision anyone on scores such as mine getting a call in that period of time.

Honestly no one knows what is going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

I should really just log on to my laptop and this would be easier to see but do we know how many intakes there was for 1509?

stm1 wrote: »
    I should really just log on to my laptop and this would be easier to see but do we know how many intakes there was for 1509?

There was a FOI. But it will take you a while to find lol. Follow the link below and search 1509.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/body/psni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Arniez12 wrote: »

Play it by ear. Keep fit, and focus on the current campaign.

If you aren't appointable by the time autumn 18 comes out, put in an application as an insurance policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Smirn0ff

I havent contributed much to the forum, however I have been following for a while now. Glad to say I passed the AC. I am currently an ARV officer on the mainland. Like most have said, I found the AC difficult to say the least. I passed with a 60-65 score. I am hopeful like most, that the process is more prompt for appointments, than the previous has been - although it was abit of a shambles - im sure most will agree.

Smirn0ff wrote: »
    I havent contributed much to the forum, however I have been following for a while now. Glad to say I passed the AC. I am currently an ARV officer on the mainland. Like most have said, I found the AC difficult to say the least. I passed with a 60-65 score. I am hopeful like most, that the process is more prompt for appointments, than the previous has been - although it was abit of a shambles - im sure most will agree.

With your position what makes you want to change forces? Would it be the ARU you would want to join again here?

• Advertisement

NiK9 wrote: »

With your position what makes you want to change forces? Would it be the ARU you would want to join again here?

I absolutley love the job at the minute - especially since passing my course. However, i moved away from home at 18 to follow my dream job. A few years on - I am wanting to get home. Property prices here are a joke and all my friends and family are at home. Additionally, I moved away with the intention of returning home!
    As far as the role - I am happy to go back to basics on response. I am not nieve enough to expect to be treated any differently after the move back to NI. I have a long 30 odd years ahead and am in no rush! My current force has ALOT of officers, therefore opportunities are more so. It has to be expected that in the PSNI things will be scarce!

I absolutley love the job at the minute - especially since passing my course. However, i moved away from home at 18 to follow my dream job. A few years on - I am wanting to get home. Property prices here are a joke and all my friends and family are at home. Additionally, I moved away with the intention of returning home!
    As far as the role - I am happy to go back to basics on response. I am not nieve enough to expect to be treated any differently after the move back to NI. I have a long 30 odd years ahead and am in no rush! My current force has ALOT of officers, therefore opportunities are more so. It has to be expected that in the PSNI things will be scarce!

You'll skip probation (or have a reduce one i.e. 6 months) and you'll keep your pay scale plus NITA money for house will be saved in no time.

You'll skip probation (or have a reduce one i.e. 6 months) and you'll keep your pay scale plus NITA money for house will be saved in no time.
    Yeah! Apart from that! But back to basics - hospital guards, constant watches, scenes, etc! If its anything like here, you do your bit, unitl the next newbie comes along,etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Yeah! Apart from that! But back to basics - hospital guards, constant watches, scenes, etc! If its anything like here, you do your bit, unitl the next newbie comes along,etc etc.

Welcome anyway Smirnoff lol

Yea I totally get what you mean with my current job I was sent to mainland for just over a year and I took the first opportunity I had to come back lol. I bought a house here in the June and in the Oct got the "you're being sent to" lol.

Welcome to the group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Neither patiently waiting for 2018

Good luck with that ðŸ˜႒

Yea I totally get what you mean with my current job I was sent to mainland for just over a year and I took the first opportunity I had to come back lol. I bought a house here in the June and in the Oct got the "you're being sent to" lol.

Never a bad thing! I like the thought of saying 'I worked there' in years to come? Im sure your the same!

Never a bad thing! I like the thought of saying 'I worked there' in years to come? Im sure your the same!
    No I don't regret it in the slightest, plus got alot of extra courses and experience for free that I wouldn't have got here so helped me progress with my work. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Pretty much a copy cat of me lol Glad to see another mainland officer trying to get through this.

I also scored 60-65. Who knows maybe we'll be in the same GV course?

You iron my creases in and I'll bull your boots (Im cack at ironing lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

District question:
    So me and my partner have been discussing (if I’m lucky) districts.
    They were saying to me that the PSNI would risk assess your connections and all that through vetting and wouldn’t necessarily put you in a district that would be deemed risky for you. E.g too much family in that area.

I on the other hand am thinking if I Pick somehwre it’s just based on operational needs basis and the risk of being in a district with family in the area is a risk I take myself.
    Can anyone shed some light on this ?
    (At this stage I’m not surprised if I go searching there is probably a FOI on it lol)

• Advertisement

takodah wrote: »
    District question:
    So me and my partner have been discussing (if I’m lucky) districts.
    They were saying to me that the PSNI would risk assess your connections and all that through vetting and wouldn’t necessarily put you in a district that would be deemed risky for you. E.g too much family in that area.

I on the other hand am thinking if I Pick somehwre it’s just based on operational needs basis and the risk of being in a district with family in the area is a risk I take myself.
    Can anyone shed some light on this ?
    (At this stage I’m not surprised if I go searching there is probably a FOI on it lol)

PSNI arnt really going to know where all your family live. We are a small country, chances are we all have family spread throughout the country. If you got put in a district you thought was too risky such as a town you grewup in or currently live you could appeal the decision.

I know I'm getting away ahead of myself and it's probably been answered already (sorry if it has) when do we get to pick our districts?

I know I'm getting away ahead of myself and it's probably been answered already (sorry if it has) when do we get to pick our districts?

When you get the call you get sent out a pack and there is a sheet with the available choices and then you send that into recruitment.
    Then at induction you get your district.

When you get the call you get sent out a pack and there is a sheet with the available choices and then you send that into recruitment.
    Then at induction you get your district.

thanks for the reply Nik9, your very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

Rookie23 wrote: »
    Is this campaign the first time applying for anybody else?
    Yea rookie, this is my first attempt also.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

When will the FOI be released on how many passed the ac , does anyone know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Coco2070 wrote: »
    Rookie23 wrote: »
    Is this campaign the first time applying for anybody else?
    Yea rookie, this is my first attempt also.

Mine too

Recruit 6 wrote: »

Prob not until July. PSNI have a massive backlog of FOI

Recruit 6 wrote: »

Prob not until July. PSNI have a massive backlog of FOI

Nah they have an entire team in Brooklyn that do FOIs won't be that long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 snickett4

Had my medical yesterday, thankfully passed (although i discovered I'm a bit deaf in my left ear :o ).
     Only 7 people were in yesterday, normally 15 per day according to SMT guy. At the PCA for Fast Track Group 1, one of the PTIs said there were 75 in that group. 2 days last week 15 plus 1 day 15 and 7 one day = 52 people. Assuming maybe 10 people didn't pass the PCA from group 1 - Medicals should be all but wrapped up bar maybe one more day or two days of seven. 
    Heard on the grape vine that 3rd or 4th July would be the first day of the next class (doubtful with it being July) but possibly induction then starting August.
    Pure conjecture tbh but might give an idea what we're all in store for going forward

Advertisement