Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

snickett4 wrote: »
    Had my medical yesterday, thankfully passed (although i discovered I'm a bit deaf in my left ear :o ).
     Only 7 people were in yesterday, normally 15 per day according to SMT guy. At the PCA for Fast Track Group 1, one of the PTIs said there were 75 in that group. 2 days last week 15 plus 1 day 15 and 7 one day = 52 people. Assuming maybe 10 people didn't pass the PCA from group 1 - Medicals should be all but wrapped up bar maybe one more day or two days of seven. 
    Heard on the grape vine that 3rd or 4th July would be the first day of the next class (doubtful with it being July) but possibly induction then starting August.
    Pure conjecture tbh but might give an idea what we're all in store for going forward
    Are you in the fast track group and how often are they going to do intakes and how many per intake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Had my medical yesterday, thankfully passed (although i discovered I'm a bit deaf in my left ear :o ).
     Only 7 people were in yesterday, normally 15 per day according to SMT guy. At the PCA for Fast Track Group 1, one of the PTIs said there were 75 in that group. 2 days last week 15 plus 1 day 15 and 7 one day = 52 people. Assuming maybe 10 people didn't pass the PCA from group 1 - Medicals should be all but wrapped up bar maybe one more day or two days of seven. 
    Heard on the grape vine that 3rd or 4th July would be the first day of the next class (doubtful with it being July) but possibly induction then starting August.
    Pure conjecture tbh but might give an idea what we're all in store for going forward

4th lines up with calls next week...

4th July*

4th July*
    Sorry what do you mean I don't get what you mean lol

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    4th July*
    So 4th of July is the next intake for pca and medical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 snickett4

Are you in the fast track group and how often are they going to do intakes and how many per intake
    Yeah I was in the first Fast Track group. Not sure mate, i think someone mentioned previously that there's an intake monthly except July and December (historically). As for number not sure how big a class is but I was told previously that they normally take forward (class number + a certain percentage to allow for people who need to retake PCA or fail vetting or change their minds etc.), not sure if that's 75 at a time or what. Sorry i couldn't be more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 snickett4

4th July*
    So 4th of July is the next intake for pca and medical
    No, potentially it's a start date or induction date for a class at Garnerville of people who'd completed the process

The 6 week call to start pattern, 6 weeks from next week is a week before4th july...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Fast trackers

Is the online learning just reading or is there an assessment that comes with it???

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Nap702 wrote: »
    Fast trackers

Is the online learning just reading or is there an assessment that comes with it???

It's standard online learning package with activities as you go and quiz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Fast trackers

It's standard online learning package with activities as you go and quiz

Cheers BigLight

The 6 week call to start pattern, 6 weeks from next week is
    I got 55 in the ac so should I get a call soon to do the pca and that or do you reckon it will be a long wait . I know you don't now for sure but in your opinion

The 6 week call to start pattern, 6 weeks from next week is a week before4th july...

I don't think there will be a July intake - but I will gladly eat my hat if there is. If calls go out 14th May ish then it does line up.

I got 55 in the ac so should I get a call soon to do the pca and that or do you reckon it will be a long wait . I know you don't now for sure but in your opinion

If the fast tracked folk scored around 70+ then the people who scored 60+ will be contacted for PCA etc before scores of 50+
    Easy answer is how long is a piece of string...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

With Work I was in the training college and they said they hoped for August all being well as the start.

If the fast tracked folk scored around 70+ then the people who scored 60+ will be contacted for PCA etc before scores of 50+
    Easy answer is how long is a piece of string...
    Yeah I know what you mean I just hope that they call everybody up and don't exhaust the merit list

I don't think there will be a July intake - but I will gladly eat my hat if there is. If calls go out 14th May ish then it does line up.

No my point is it could be a june intake

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Fast trackers

Lots of reading and then there’s sections you have to do short tests.

takodah wrote: »
    With Work I was in the training college and they said they hoped for August all being well as the start.
    So you have done the o line learning and pca just waiting for start date in August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

So you have done the o line learning and pca just waiting for start date in August

Nope wasn’t fast tracked. I only know that from my work bud. Hope to be not far behind the first few squads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Was having a look on Youtube at the PCA and came across this one for the RCMP in Canada-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rkHdhVhgXI

As you can see its similar to the one we have to do, minus the push/pull

Nope wasn’t fast tracked. I only know that from my work bud. Hope to be not far behind the first few squads.

What score did you get in ac out of curiosity just wonder to see if I can try work out when I would be getting called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Noticed in the medical requirements they do a test of your BMI. Anyone know what their pass mark is? I'm currently 29.1 and apparently overweight. Though in all fairness if I'm 'overweight' then most of my office must be clinically obese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Confusedas wrote: »
    Noticed in the medical requirements they do a test of your BMI. Anyone know what their pass mark is? I'm currently 29.1 and apparently overweight. Though in all fairness if I'm 'overweight' then most of my office must be clinically obese.
    They do check it but it isn't a major factor as by that point you will have shown you're fit enough.

Anything over 30 and your not fit for appointment . Are you training yetvor have you dome your pca yet

Anything over 30 and your not fit for appointment . Are you training yetvor have you dome your pca yet

Not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Hi guys, first time on here, thanks for all the info so far. I'm in the 60-65 score and looking forward to the next stage 😀

NiK9 wrote: »

Not true.

Not true.
    Well it says on the psni website

Not true.

Not even remotely true. If your BMI is over a certain threshold you just get examined by a doctor as well as a nurse...

• Advertisement

Not true.

Not true.
    Well it says on the psni website

Like I said above. bmi is just a formality now since you have already proved you're fit enough if you have got to that stage.

Advertisement