Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    NiK9 wrote: »
    Confusedas wrote: »
    Noticed in the medical requirements they do a test of your BMI. Anyone know what their pass mark is? I'm currently 29.1 and apparently overweight. Though in all fairness if I'm 'overweight' then most of my office must be clinically obese.
    Anything over 30 and your not fit for appointment . Are you training yetvor have you dome your pca yet

Not true.
    Noticed in the medical requirements they do a test of your BMI. Anyone know what their pass mark is? I'm currently 29.1 and apparently overweight. Though in all fairness if I'm 'overweight' then most of my office must be clinically obese.
    Anything over 30 and your not fit for appointment . Are you training yetvor have you dome your pca yet

Not true.
    Well it says on the psni website
    https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/how-do-i-join

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

Not true.

Not true.

In the past if BMI was over 30 you would have been sent to do the PCA before accepted into G'ville. But now everyone has to pass the PCA before the medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Daisy04 wrote: »
    Hi guys, first time on here, thanks for all the info so far. I'm in the 60-65 score and looking forward to the next stage 😀

I am in the same score group, welcome !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Not true.

Not true.

That website is ran by Deloitte not PSNI.
    I've already had my medical and bmi is no longer an issue. As you've already passed PCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Not true.

Not true.

I've already had my medical and bmi is no longer an issue. As you've already passed PCA.

An additional point. Be heard for them just to chin you off for a plus 30 BMI considering to get to the medical you will have had to pass PCA...

• Advertisement

Hard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

takodah wrote: »
    takodah wrote: »
    With Work I was in the training college and they said they hoped for August all being well as the start.
    So you have done the o line learning and pca just waiting for start date in August

Nope wasn’t fast tracked. I only know that from my work bud. Hope to be not far behind the first few squads.

What score did you get in ac out of curiosity just wonder to see if I can try work out when I would be getting called

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

If you're a bodybuilder you're going to have a +30 BMI. If you're BMI is above the threshold your BF% is taken into consideration.

ML515 wrote: »
    If you're a bodybuilder you're going to have a +30 BMI. If you're BMI is above the threshold your BF% is taken into consideration.

A saying I used to get drilled into me was "my 6pack has never saved my life but my lungs have." I'd rather be fit than look good lol.
    My BMI was over 30 at medical and i wasnt even refered to the DR for it.
    Nurse took my height and then weight and then the next words out of her mouth were...
    "oh your bmi is higher than I thought it would be, what rugby team do you play for" lmao.

BMI is a terrible measurement unless you are someone who is in a life threatening obese state.
    Height-weight-waist ratio is a far better reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

I have a BMI of 28.8 but about 11% or 12% body fat. I don’t think BMI is a good indicator of physical fitness at all..

• Advertisement

SUFTUM95 wrote: »
    I have a BMI of 28.8 but about 11% or 12% body fat. I don’t think BMI is a good indicator of physical fitness at all..

It's not, it may have been accurate about 30 years ago when people's diets and general state of health in the average person was better but now it's outdated.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Not true.

Not true.

What's score bracket are you in

Not true.

Not true.

There is a full list of scores a few pages back

Not true.

Not true.

75-80

Most up to date list I have.

Breezecop: 80-85
    Rossco22: 75-80
    NIK9: 75-80
    Loremaster Teclis: 75-80
    snickett4: 75-80
    Scammy21: 75-80
    TheBigLight: 70-75
    Lily79: 70-75
    HankSchrader1: 70-75
    Bananarama1512: 70-75
    Faugha: 70-75
    Davidb1988: 70-75
    Mb91: 70-75
    Belroo99: 70-75
    Anni123: 70
    ML515: 65-70
    Slo85: 65-70
    takodah: 65-70
    SW1996: 65-70
    NemesisEejit: 65
    gawa84: 65
    DarylD96: 60-65
    Nap702: 60-65
    Robocop2k16: 60-65
    Ponif: 60-65
    Coco2070: 60-65
    Adam West: 60-65
    JECornette: 60-65
    RECRUIT2018: 60-65
    Confusedas: 60-65
    Aye_Chihuahua: 60-65
    Maybecop18: 60-65
    Stm1: 55-60
    Rookie23: 55-60
    Mike079: 55-60
    Tom_90: 55-60
    Slatprh: 55-60
    Adam261: 55-60
    Joceyjoe: 55-60
    Njim91: 55-60
    Ohh369: 55-60
    eslow: 55-60
    Alan0894a: 55
    Recruit 6: 55
    Belfast_B2014: 50-55
    Starsky1: 50-55
    Waiting88: 50-55
    Goonerdee: 50-55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Great job on that list Nik9!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belroo99

Has anyone else received an email confirming you've passed vetting? I got mine the same day they emailed to confirm I passed the medical but I'm not sure if this includes the SMT side of the vetting

Belroo99 wrote: »
    Has anyone else received an email confirming you've passed vetting? I got mine the same day they emailed to confirm I passed the medical but I'm not sure if this includes the SMT side of the vetting

It doesn't Include the smt.

Belroo99 wrote: »

Yes I got the vetting email before the medical so I don't think it will include it

Welcome to the group Belroo99.
    Mind saying your AC score so you can be added to our list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Belroo99

Welcome to the group Belroo99.
    Mind saying your AC score so you can be added to our list?
    70-75

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Hi All
    Long time lurker first time poster.
    Got 60-65 in my AC.
    Now knuckling down in training to hopefully blast the PCA.

maybecop18 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Long time lurker first time poster.
    Got 60-65 in my AC.
    Now knuckling down in training to hopefully blast the PCA.

Welcome and good luck. I've added you to the list above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Anyone know if it will be a problem if your medical history has changed since your application? Don't want to go in to much detail but after a review with Mental health services they admitted they were wrong about a mild autism diagnosis they labelled me with coming out of secondary school.
    I'm hoping this is just the sort of thing I can walk in and talk to them about without it being too much of a bother.

Ponif wrote: »
    Anyone know if it will be a problem if your medical history has changed since your application? Don't want to go in to much detail but after a review with Mental health services they admitted they were wrong about a mild autism diagnosis they labelled me with coming out of secondary school.
    I'm hoping this is just the sort of thing I can walk in and talk to them about without it being too much of a bother.

Have a letter from your gp or the mental health services.
    Autism won't effect your medical anyway unless it impacts your ability to do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

snickett4 wrote: »
    Had my medical yesterday, thankfully passed (although i discovered I'm a bit deaf in my left ear :o ).
     Only 7 people were in yesterday, normally 15 per day according to SMT guy. At the PCA for Fast Track Group 1, one of the PTIs said there were 75 in that group. 2 days last week 15 plus 1 day 15 and 7 one day = 52 people. Assuming maybe 10 people didn't pass the PCA from group 1 - Medicals should be all but wrapped up bar maybe one more day or two days of seven. 
    Heard on the grape vine that 3rd or 4th July would be the first day of the next class (doubtful with it being July) but possibly induction then starting August.
    Pure conjecture tbh but might give an idea what we're all in store for going forward
    With them numbers doesn’t seem like a lot of room for people not fast tracked to get a chance at GV

Mrman1578 wrote: »
    snickett4 wrote: »
    Had my medical yesterday, thankfully passed (although i discovered I'm a bit deaf in my left ear :o ).
     Only 7 people were in yesterday, normally 15 per day according to SMT guy. At the PCA for Fast Track Group 1, one of the PTIs said there were 75 in that group. 2 days last week 15 plus 1 day 15 and 7 one day = 52 people. Assuming maybe 10 people didn't pass the PCA from group 1 - Medicals should be all but wrapped up bar maybe one more day or two days of seven. 
    Heard on the grape vine that 3rd or 4th July would be the first day of the next class (doubtful with it being July) but possibly induction then starting August.
    Pure conjecture tbh but might give an idea what we're all in store for going forward
    With them numbers doesn’t seem like a lot of room for people not fast tracked to get a chance at GV

How? At most there were only around 100/120 fast tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Ponif wrote: »

That sounds like something you can appeal if you can get a professional to put that in writing should you come up against any issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

Got a feeling out of 2000 doing AC only around 600 passed I know about the foi but with 100 to 120 fast tracked I hope the target of 300 people doesn’t fill up before getting to 65 AC score

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Mrman1578 wrote: »
    Got a feeling out of 2000 doing AC only around 600 passed I know about the foi but with 100 to 120 fast tracked I hope the target of 300 people doesn’t fill up before getting to 65 AC score

No hope for us in the 50-60 bracket then. I’m going to remain optimistic!

Advertisement