Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Mrman1578 wrote: »
    Got a feeling out of 2000 doing AC only around 600 passed I know about the foi but with 100 to 120 fast tracked I hope the target of 300 people doesn’t fill up before getting to 65 AC score

No hope for us in the 50-60 bracket then.  I’m going to remain optimistic!
    It's just speculation mate, don't know how many times people have had to remind everyone that last year basically everybody who passed got in. No guarantees of anything but that also means nobody is saying for definite you have no chance.
    NiK9 wrote: »
    Ponif wrote: »
    Anyone know if it will be a problem if your medical history has changed since your application? Don't want to go in to much detail but after a review with Mental health services they admitted they were wrong about a mild autism diagnosis they labelled me with coming out of secondary school.
    I'm hoping this is just the sort of thing I can walk in and talk to them about without it being too much of a bother.

Have a letter from your gp or the mental health services.
    Autism won't effect your medical anyway unless it impacts your ability to do the job.
    I'm on good terms with my GP so when the medical comes up and I have to get my medical history I'll have a wee chat and see what he can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

maybecop18 wrote: »
    Hi All
    Long time lurker first time poster.
    Got 60-65 in my AC.
    Now knuckling down in training to hopefully blast the PCA.
    Welcome, Im in the 60-65 score too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Anyone know if it will be a problem if your medical history has changed since your application? Don't want to go in to much detail but after a review with Mental health services they admitted they were wrong about a mild autism diagnosis they labelled me with coming out of secondary school.
    I'm hoping this is just the sort of thing I can walk in and talk to them about without it being too much of a bother.

Educstional psychologist letter along with supporting evidence from your GP should suffice.

This is my area of work in my current job PM if want to.

Police are bound by DDA legislation and as such MUST consider reasonable adjustment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

This might be a silly question but how does the fact they’re looking for more females, catholics, 18-24 year olds and people west of the bann have any effect on who goes through. Do people from these groups have any advantage? Just curious as I remember reading they were targeting these groups in this recruitment drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

This might be a silly question but how does the fact they’re looking for more females, catholics, 18-24 year olds and people west of the bann have any effect on who goes through. Do people from these groups have any advantage? Just curious as I remember reading they were targeting these groups in this recruitment drive.

There is no advantage at all. Basically the main difference is advertising.
    Such as ads in match books during gaa games etc and more recruitment ads on social media to target younger people. No one gets special treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Such as ads in match books during gaa games etc and more recruitment ads on social media to target younger people. No one gets special treatment.

Thanks for that. Was wondering how that works as surely it should be based on how well you perform at each stage and nothing else.

Thanks for that. Was wondering how that works as surely it should be based on how well you perform at each stage and nothing else.

Yea totally agree. Best for the job should get the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Anyone who only got their results on Friday and wasn’t fast tracked heard anything more yet?

Confusedas wrote: »
    Anyone who only got their results on Friday and wasn’t fast tracked heard anything more yet?

The list hasn't been givem to the PSNI yet, wait out and check JoinPSNI recruitment news page.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

It's only a week tomorrow from the results came out and it says on the psni recruitment page that there will be nothing for a few weeks and they will put an update on the website when they receive the merit list and begin contacting people

• Advertisement

Everyone got their results on Fri. Even the people who were fast tracked wernt told their actual scores until fri.
    Deloitte said PSNI won't have merit list for a few weeks. Just have to be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Educstional psychologist letter along with supporting evidence from your GP should suffice.

Police are bound by DDA legislation and as such MUST consider reasonable adjustment.
    Nice of you to offer but I can't ask for adjustments based on a disability I no longer have :D , The only adjustments I'll be asking for is an electric PNB due to my mild dyspraxia (bad handwriting lol)

There's a lot of focus on scores and when people will get 'the call' and the target of 300 recruits but remember nothing is a given yet. There are still stages which can be failed so even if 600 people passed AC and they only want 300 that doesn't mean the people at the lower end aren't getting in. It seemed to me like quite a few failed out of my pca session so use the time you have wisely because once the emails do come through there isn't much time after that to prepare.

Nice of you to offer but I can't ask for adjustments based on a disability I no longer have :D , The only adjustments I'll be asking for is an electric PNB due to my mild dyspraxia (bad handwriting lol)

Good stuff but just take the eduxational psychology letter with you to medical and bob's your uncle sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

sitting on 55-60 and from what is being said it’s not looking great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

A lot of comments how going to the gym 5 mile runs etc training hard for the pca but is the pca not just the assault course and you complete 3 laps under 4 mins roughly to me it looks really easy but is that just because I’m in the 18-24 age bracket and I play sport ? Also I understand at GV there is a lot of fitness however this test looks easy enough running around a hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

The 6 week call to start pattern, 6 weeks from next week is a week before4th july...

I don't think there will be a July intake - but I will gladly eat my hat if there is. If calls go out 14th May ish then it does line up.

No my point is it could be a june intake
    It won't. Still ones from last campaign coming through.

Mrman1578 wrote: »
    A lot of comments how going to the gym 5 mile runs etc training hard for the pca but is the pca not just the assault course and you complete 3 laps under 4 mins roughly to me it looks really easy but is that just because I’m in the 18-24 age bracket and I play sport ? Also I understand at GV there is a lot of fitness however this test looks easy enough running around a hall?

It sure looks easy and maybe you will find that it is but there wasn't one person that didn't come out during our session that wasn't absolutely busted and struggling for a breath. It's designed to be challenging.

The 6 week call to start pattern, 6 weeks from next week is a week before4th july...

I don't think there will be a July intake - but I will gladly eat my hat if there is. If calls go out 14th May ish then it does line up.

No my point is it could be a june intake
    It won't. Still ones from last campaign coming through.

They can do a composite squad. I seriously doubt there's that many left....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

Hi first time comment... i scored 81 and in the fast track. Ive passed pca and medical (medical a week ago) but none of my referneces have been contacted for vetting ... and i see others have theirs back ..anyone know anything about the vetting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

I can’t wait to do the PCA. I think a controlled speed around the course consistently for the 3 laps is the trick. With nerves etc I would say people take off too quick and gas out after the first lap. I also hope to wear a stopwatch to keep an eye on my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Is the PCA scored? Or is it a simple pass/fail? Hoping it is an area where I can claw back some much needed marks lost during AC!

SUFTUM95 wrote: »
    Is the PCA scored? Or is it a simple pass/fail? Hoping it is an area where I can claw back some much needed marks lost during AC!

Just pass fail u get a time but dosnt matter

Nap702 wrote: »
    I can’t wait to do the PCA. I think a controlled speed around the course consistently for the 3 laps is the trick. With nerves etc I would say people take off too quick and gas out after the first lap. I also hope to wear a stopwatch to keep an eye on my time.

Nope because if u hit ine of the things nd have to wait for it to be fixed ull run out of time...go flat out end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

Unfortunately Nap702, no time keeping devices are permitted or supplied during your PCA. I would not recommend a leisurely pace, you gotta go hell for leather. 
    SUFTUM95 - pass/ fail. Apparently it does not affect your merit list position.

Breezecop wrote: »
    Hi first time comment... i scored 81 and in the fast track. Ive passed pca and medical (medical a week ago) but none of my referneces have been contacted for vetting ... and i see others have theirs back ..anyone know anything about the vetting

Brilliant score well done!! And welcome. They didn't contact my references either. Have you not received an email saying vetting has cleared? Vetting can take anything from a few weeks to a few months.

Nap702 wrote: »

It's a max effort exercise. So it shouldn't be easy. No timing devices of any sort and during the PCA familiarisation you arnt allowed to do a full practice lap or time time yourself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Unfortunately Nap702, no time keeping devices are permitted or supplied during your PCA. I would not recommend a leisurely pace, you gotta go hell for leather. 
    SUFTUM95 - pass/ fail. Apparently it does not affect your merit list position.

The PTI said at the firmilarisation session specifically that this was a maximal effort test. They don’t want you “pacing” because you’ve no idea what will happen come the third lap, having to repeat faults etc. Hence why no time keeping is emphisised.

Hey no, the only emails I have are the fast track then app for the pca and medical, medical result , online learning. Oh did they not ? I wonder do you hear back if u fail vetting? When did ppl get theirs? Also i was talking to a guy at my medical his auntie is a gv trainer and theyve been tild new intake starts in the first week of July.

• Advertisement

Breezecop wrote: »
    Hey no, the only emails I have are the fast track then app for the pca and medical, medical result , online learning. Oh did they not ? I wonder do you hear back if u fail vetting? When did ppl get theirs? Also i was talking to a guy at my medical his auntie is a gv trainer and theyve been tild new intake starts in the first week of July.

I got my vetting email the week before my medical. But it does just depend on the person, everyone's vetting is different. There is so many simple things can drag it out such as tattoos, the number of social media accounts you have, the number of jobs you've had, your address financial etc.
    Yea they inform you if you have failed. So no news is good news.

Advertisement