Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

NiK9 wrote: »
    Breezecop wrote: »
    Hey no, the only emails I have are the fast track then app for the pca and medical, medical result , online learning. Oh did they not ? I wonder do you hear back if u fail vetting? When did ppl get theirs? Also i was talking to a guy at my medical his auntie is a gv trainer and theyve been tild new intake starts in the first week of July.

I got my vetting email the week before my medical. But it does just depend on the person, everyone's vetting is different. There is so many simple things can drag it out such as tattoos, the number of social media accounts you have, the number of jobs you've had, your address financial etc.
    Yea they inform you if you have failed. So no news is good news.

Cheers haha i had old facebook account i cant close lol hope it dosnt mess me up haha no tattoo, just suprised they havnt contacted the references .. do u know have most ppl that were fast tracked gotten their vetting back and ang clue on drug test results ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Hey no, the only emails I have are the fast track then app for the pca and medical, medical result , online learning. Oh did they not ? I wonder do you hear back if u fail vetting? When did ppl get theirs? Also i was talking to a guy at my medical his auntie is a gv trainer and theyve been tild new intake starts in the first week of July.

I got my vetting email the week before my medical. But it does just depend on the person, everyone's vetting is different. There is so many simple things can drag it out such as tattoos, the number of social media accounts you have, the number of jobs you've had, your address financial etc.

Cheers haha i had old facebook account i cant close lol hope it dosnt mess me up haha no tattoo, just suprised they havnt contacted the references .. do u know have most ppl that were fast tracked gotten their vetting back and ang clue on drug test results ?

Not sure about most people but a few I spoke to at medical had theirs cleared. Wouldn't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Just a thought. Breezecop check the vetting email hasn't lost it's way into your junk and spam folders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

References???

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Morning all... is there anyone over the age of 35 going for this or are you all young whipper snappers?

• Advertisement

Morning all... is there anyone over the age of 35 going for this or are you all young whipper snappers?

I wish I was 35 or younger, might find the fitness easier. :)

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I wish I was 35 or younger, might find the fitness easier. :)

Me too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

First week of July would tie up with phone calls next week, fingers crossed!

Sort of worrying about the references now, is it just the bit where you had to give details about previous and current employers? I remember before they asked for two references but this time round I couldnt see a section asking that. Starting to panic now as Ive just remembered my envelope was opened the day I got it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

Sort of worrying about the references now, is it just the bit where you had to give details about previous and current employers? I remember before they asked for two references but this time round I couldnt see a section asking that. Starting to panic now as Ive just remembered my envelope was opened the day I got it!!!

No need to panic. It’s just the employers details and previous managers. My vetting has cleared and my manager has definitely not been contacted.

• Advertisement

Was just supervisors or managers for points of contact in past jobs. They dont actually contact them and ask about you though.

Was just supervisors or managers for points of contact in past jobs. They dont actually contact them and ask about you though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

References aren't contacted in all instances so I wouldn't worry too much. Mine were never contacted and anyone I've ever spoken to is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Im well over 35 lol!!

Phew! I’m pretty sure before they asked for references, then again I applied for another job (ha, the one I have now) at the same time as last campaign so I might be getting things mixed up.

No need to panic. It’s just the employers details and previous managers. My vetting has cleared and my manager has definitely not been contacted.

Thank goodness for that I’ve been pestering my bosses about when the next ‘promotions’ (better jobs) are needing filled, might pee them off if they knew I was looking elsewhere at the same time lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Coco2070

I can just about remember my 35 birthday! I’m a fresh 40 lol 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Coco2070 wrote: »

I’m 28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Joceyjoe wrote: »

I’m 28

X2

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Hello all,

I am one of the tast track applicants. Scored 78.5 in my AC and have my fitness in 2 weeks time. I still haven't received my vetting back and I have a few other queries. First is the eyesight at the medical if i get that far? How strict are they on wearing contact lenses? I am also getting married in May 2019 and wondering how leave would work in your first year actually being on the ground? Lastly how long say i pass the fitness and medical could it be to start date or getting the call? Any help would be appreciated. These forums are a great job

• Advertisement

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am one of the tast track applicants. Scored 78.5 in my AC and have my fitness in 2 weeks time. I still haven't received my vetting back and I have a few other queries. First is the eyesight at the medical if i get that far? How strict are they on wearing contact lenses? I am also getting married in May 2019 and wondering how leave would work in your first year actually being on the ground? Lastly how long say i pass the fitness and medical could it be to start date or getting the call? Any help would be appreciated. These forums are a great job

Eyesight is at medical and you have to do the eyesight unaided to start with. No contacts or glasses at all. And then you can put them in for a second attempt.
    No one knows how long it will take for vetting depends in the individual. The call wait depends how many people are infront of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

Buzzing to have made it this far.
    Wasnt overly confident walking out of the AC. Thought I done ok in the role plays put the written excercises were pretty poor.
    As it turned out my role play marks were rather high and pulled me up even though my written work was low.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

I can just about remember my 35 birthday! I’m a fresh 40 lol 😂
    Young whipper snapper, 21 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Eyesight is at medical and you have to do the eyesight unaided to start with. No contacts or glasses at all. And then you can put them in for a second attempt.
    No one knows how long it will take for vetting depends in the individual. The call wait depends how many people are infront of you.

Yeah, you can check the aided and unaided standards on the joinpsni site - mine werent up to scratch so got laser eye done after my pca and were recovered in time for the medical lol will gladly take all the referral fees from anyone in the same boat 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Mrman1578 wrote: »
    A lot of comments how going to the gym 5 mile runs etc training hard for the pca but is the pca not just the assault course and you complete 3 laps under 4 mins roughly to me it looks really easy but is that just because I’m in the 18-24 age bracket and I play sport ? Also I understand at GV there is a lot of fitness however this test looks easy enough running around a hall?

I passed my PCA and was sucking air out of my arse. Wouldn’t say I’m the worlds fittest but have a good standard and have completed much tougher assault courses but given the fact you repeat any part you knock over or cones hit etc you lose time and the pressure is on. Yeah you can go hell for leather but chances are you’ll hit something, so it’s striking the balance. It is not easy by any means and it’s not something you can practice in your local gym. It is however achievable. Best of luck but don’t be complacent.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

33 mate

Thanks for all the ages replies I was worried I was the only one over the 35+ age group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

PCA prep

Turn the heating on to make the difficult dry air effect like most of you have said. . .

Run into the kitchen crawl under the table, sprint upstairs, balance over some type of beam, climb on top of the wardrobes, jump down, round round missus shoes, drag the washing basket back and forth, sprint downstairs. Repeat 2 more times.

Hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Practice climbing a wall after a sustained sprint.

Practice dragging somethimg heavy after a sustained sprint.

Practice balancing on a beam after a sustained sprint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

I've managed to pass all phases including vetting it seems.
    I think HIIT type training, be it circuits or crossfit is probably the best for the PCA.
    I've no idea about the actual physical program at GV though ? If anyone who is currently serving could advise that would be great.

Quite honestly I'm not the world's greatest runner. More of a barbell kinda person.

Advertisement