Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

I attached a screenshot I took of the 1509 campaign breakdown. Based on the figures posted here I'd say there was significant differences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Slo18 wrote: »
    I think I know the answer but I’m assuming you can’t take any holidays while in GV.
    Thanks.

Nope. No leave is permitted. You may get lucky with a day or two off if you're getting married but otherwise you have to wait until you're out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

majgreen wrote: »
    I think I know the answer but I’m assuming you can’t take any holidays while in GV.
    Thanks.

Nope. No leave is permitted. You may get lucky with a day or two off if you're getting married but otherwise you have to wait until you're out

I thought that. I’ve booked to take the kids away but can always transfer to my mums name and she can go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Adam West wrote: »
    I attached a screenshot I took of the 1509 campaign breakdown. Based on the figures posted here I'd say there was significant differences

That one was submitted later on and referring to candidates in those bands with everything completed and waiting for calls.

I believe this is the other one:

Question 1
    In the most recent recruitment campaign (15/09) how many candidates actually attended the
    Assessment Centre stage?

Answer
    Your request for information has now been considered. In respect of Section 1(1) (a) of the Act I can
    confirm that the Police Service of Northern Ireland does hold information to which your request
    relates. The decision has been taken to disclose the following.
    A total of 2121 persons attended.

Question 2

Of the candidates who attended the Assessment Centre stage how many obtained a pass?

Answer
    A total of 905.

Question 3
    Of those who passed how many scored;
    A) Above 60%
    B) Above 70%
    C) Above 80%

Answer
    A total of 590 obtained above 60%, a total of 155 obtained above 70% and a total of 14 obtained
    above 80%.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/candidates_that_passed_the_asses#incoming-803043

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

That one was submitted later on and referring to candidates in those bands with everything completed and waiting for calls.

Question 1
    In the most recent recruitment campaign (15/09) how many candidates actually attended the
    Assessment Centre stage?

Answer
    Your request for information has now been considered. In respect of Section 1(1) (a) of the Act I can
    confirm that the Police Service of Northern Ireland does hold information to which your request

Question 2

Of the candidates who attended the Assessment Centre stage how many obtained a pass?

Answer
    A total of 905.

Question 3
    A) Above 60%
    B) Above 70%
    C) Above 80%

Answer
    A total of 590 obtained above 60%, a total of 155 obtained above 70% and a total of 14 obtained
    above 80%.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/candidates_that_passed_the_asses#incoming-803043
    Very worried how do u think this relates in terms of only 300 officer places for this recruitment if over 900 passed and near 600 get above 60% AC score , surely half don’t fail vetting and PCA etc I hope only 500 passed this time round but doubt it as pass rate was dropped ?

• Advertisement

Mrman1578 wrote: »

Question 1
    Assessment Centre stage?

Answer

Question 2

Answer
    A total of 905.

Question 3
    A) Above 60%
    B) Above 70%
    C) Above 80%

Answer
    above 80%.

Very worried how do u think this relates in terms of only 300 officer places for this recruitment if over 900 passed and near 600 get above 60% AC score , surely half don’t fail vetting and PCA etc I hope only 500 passed this time round but doubt it as pass rate was dropped ?

I wouldnt worry about that 300 number.

The last few campaigns they said they were going to recruit 100 however there have been at least 19 intakes (well exceeding 100 recruits) so far from 1509 and its still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Does anyone know does everyone that gets a place in GV stay up there during the week or is it only for people who live further away?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ldngal18

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Does anyone know does everyone that gets a place in GV stay up there during the week or is it only for people who live further away?
    Anyone who lives over 30 miles from GV can live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

ldngal18 wrote: »

Thanks for that, I live 75 miles away so was wondering if I would be travelling up and down everyday

Think the merit list will be passed to PSNI this week? If we think the last AC was 20th April, Friday just past was the end of the 3 week grace period to produce education qualifications.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Think the merit list will be passed to PSNI this week? If we think the last AC was 20th April, Friday just past was the end of the 3 week grace period to produce education qualifications.

Hopefully some news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

ldngal18 wrote: »

Thanks for that, I live 75 miles away so was wondering if I would be travelling up and down everyday

Have to be over 35 miles. So you'll deff be allowed to stay however I've been told before that if you stay you HAVE to stay the sunday-fri for the full course. You cant just stay 1 or 2 nights a week and go home the others. Although that may have changed since the person told me that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

So we could get an email this week then?

Nap702 wrote: »
    So we could get an email this week then?
    JoinPSNI says a few weeks before list will be handed over to PSNI. AC Results were only a week on Fri so could be another couple of weeks before the higher scores hear anything about a PCA date.

I'm hoping to get some idea of possible start dates soon(Pending passing the PCA, Medical and Vetting that is). Coming from the South I'm hoping to get a headstart so I can move up near GV and get settled before starting.

I pull the trigger on the move too early and I'll be out of pocket with rent and cost of living, pull the trigger too late and I might be struggling to line accommodation up.

I'm guesstimating that with a score between 60-65 it will be somewhere around Aug-Sep. Again taking into account I pass the next few stages.

I'm hoping to get some idea of possible start dates soon(Pending passing the PCA, Medical and Vetting that is). Coming from the South I'm hoping to get a headstart so I can move up near GV and get settled before starting.

I pull the trigger on the move too early and I'll be out of pocket with rent and cost of living, pull the trigger too late and I might be struggling to line accommodation up.

I'm guesstimating that with a score between 60-65 it will be somewhere around Aug-Sep. Again taking into account I pass the next few stages.

Dont mean be a downer but with the number of people fast tracked there is enough for atleast 3 maybe 4 classes. So even if the first class is July which is unlikely fast tracks will more than likely take up Aug Sept and maybe Oct. Then they will go in merit order. And there seems to be a good few people who are 70-75 who wernt fast tracked.

Best thing to do would just to stay in GV for the whole of training. You find out your new district at the induction day. No point getting a house near GV and then being sent to somewhere like Enniskillen or Londonderry as your new district. Stay in GV for free, save funds and house search while training lol.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Dont mean be a downer but with the number of people fast tracked there is enough for atleast 3 maybe 4 classes. So even if the first class is July which is unlikely fast tracks will more than likely take up Aug Sept and maybe Oct. Then they will go in merit order. And there seems to be a good few people who are 70-75 who wernt fast tracked.

Best thing to do would just to stay in GV for the whole of training. You find out your new district at the induction day. No point getting a house near GV and then being sent to somewhere like Enniskillen or Londonderry as your new district. Stay in GV for free, save funds and house search while training lol.

Yeah I'm being optimistic. I'd be happy enough to start before xmas but I'm also aware that might be optimistic too. I'm playing around with the idea of moving up to Belfast and working there until I get a start date. Cost of living is a lot cheaper then where I am now and as I said it would help me get settled before starting. I dunno. Gonna have to think about it.

Any idea what the rental market is like in Belfast right now? I'm afraid that if I leave it past the summer I'll be competing with students to get accommodation.

Yeah I'm being optimistic. I'd be happy enough to start before xmas but I'm also aware that might be optimistic too. I'm playing around with the idea of moving up to Belfast and working there until I get a start date. Cost of living is a lot cheaper then where I am now and as I said it would help me get settled before starting. I dunno. Gonna have to think about it.

Any idea what the rental market is like in Belfast right now? I'm afraid that if I leave it past the summer I'll be competing with students to get accommodation.

No idea about renting in Belfast sorry. But it really depends what you're after, there is always accomidatio on somewhere. Try propertypal to get an idea of prices and locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

majgreen wrote: »
    Thanks.

But do you still get the remainder of your leave to use throughout the rest of the year? Because it says on the join psni website you are allocated 9 days leave at GV, leaving you with 13 days afterwards. So if you're not allowed to take any, do you still get the full 21 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Loremaster Teclis

I don't know about anybody else, but i'll be watching my phone like a hawk tomorrow. And hopefully we'll either know one way or another whether there is gonna be any phone calls for either the last of previous campaign, 1710, or none at all.

• Advertisement

I don't know about anybody else, but i'll be watching my phone like a hawk tomorrow. And hopefully we'll either know one way or another whether there is gonna be any phone calls for either the last of previous campaign, 1710, or none at all.

Could be any day this week if it is for happening, since online learning deadline isn't until 17.00 but same with me. Im working nights all week so I've even changed my "do not disturb" settings to allow calls when im sleeping during the days but to block everything else lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I'd avoid Belfast for renting as you don't get much bang for your buck.

Lisburn, Ards, Bangor, Carrick, Ballygowan, Comber, Dundonald at a push are your best bets for value for money.

Propertypal.com is your best bet.

Although you may find that there may be folj in your squad going to your district that may wanna house share...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belroo99

Does anyone know if you get paid the NITA while in training?

Belroo99 wrote: »

NITA from day one

NITA from day one
    Good stuff, was looking at some serious budgeting for 5 months!

NITA from day one

If you want more cash you can opt outnof pension in GV and then opt in when you get out on the ground...

NITA from day one

If you want more cash you can opt outnof pension in GV and then opt in when you get out on the ground...
    With the NITA that brings it up to roughly what I'm on at the minute so should be grand. In my 30s so should probably get into the pension asap!

Faugha wrote: »

Congrats on your AC pass and I wish you continued success but if I were you I’d sit tight and wait untill you’ve passed all stages and told your in. You’ll have free accommodation if you get into GV and you’ll gain an insight of where you would like to live. With all due respect, being from the Republic of Ireland and joining the Police Service of Northern Ireland will make you a target for the twisted dissidents probably more so than the rest of us, you definitely won’t be wanting to rent in Belfast student areas as these are predominantly republican with many stupid warped ideology’s floating about that the culchies forgot to leave in ballygobackwards
    Yeah the elms are the new divis flats

Faugha wrote: »

Congrats on your AC pass and I wish you continued success but if I were you I’d sit tight and wait untill you’ve passed all stages and told your in. You’ll have free accommodation if you get into GV and you’ll gain an insight of where you would like to live. With all due respect, being from the Republic of Ireland and joining the Police Service of Northern Ireland will make you a target for the twisted dissidents probably more so than the rest of us, you definitely won’t be wanting to rent in Belfast student areas as these are predominantly republican with many stupid warped ideology’s floating about that the culchies forgot to leave in ballygobackwards
    Yeah the elms are the new divis flats

I'd be careful with showing any kind of Bias...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

NITA from day one

What is NITA?

Advertisement