Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Hey guys I'm from 15/09 campaign and have my spot in gv. I have it on good knowledge that the 17/10 squads won't be starting until August at the earliest they don't take summer squads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

NITA from day one

What is NITA?

Northern ireland Transitional Allowance (danger money)
    £3195 per annum paid monthly tax free.

Hey guys I'm from 15/09 campaign and have my spot in gv. I have it on good knowledge that the 17/10 squads won't be starting until August at the earliest they don't take summer squads

Fair enough, but then what was the point in tge fast track?

A squad did start in July 2017...

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Just on the salary note. Who knows what the actual income is when you first join in GV and when starting on the ground?

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Just on the salary note. Who knows what the actual income is when you first join in GV and when starting on the ground?

Look up pay scales and add 3195...

• Advertisement

That probably is them at fast track haha some people have waited 3 yrs in previous campaigns

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/your-pay-scale

Payscales have been revised there in the last few weeks starting in GV is £19773 and starting on the ground is £23124 you need to add danger money to both those

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

https://www.joinpsni.co.uk/your-pay-scale

The starting salary for student officers will be £19,578. At graduation, student officers become Constables and move on to point 1. In addition to the above, the Northern Ireland Transitional Allowance is also payable (£3,195 per annum).

From Points 2 to 7 the officer moves up the pay scale in line with their incremental date and subject to satisfactory performance as assessed in their individual performance reviews. An officer’s incremental date is normally the anniversary of the date that they joined the service.

Guys the service have just revised their payscales within the last few weeks there the payscales on joinpsni is wrong

• Advertisement

That probably is them at fast track haha some people have waited 3 yrs in previous campaigns

1710 is different both in pace and methodolgy that 1509 so treating them as direct comparators isn't really appropriate is it?

1509 had the cheating scandal, the collapse of the executive which tightened purse strings (hence the decision to exhaust the list rather than chin it off, i.e. they didn't know whether 1710 would happen or not) now they have funding from Westminster so money is not an issue as denying 28 day clubbers their retirement would cost a lot more.

Guys the service have just revised their payscales within the last few weeks there the payscales on joinpsni is wrong

Just add 1%...

1710 is different both in pace and methodolgy that 1509 so treating them as direct comparators isn't really appropriate is it?

1509 had the cheating scandal, the collapse of the executive which tightened purse strings (hence the decision to exhaust the list rather than chin it off, i.e. they didn't know whether 1710 would happen or not) now they have funding from Westminster so money is not an issue as denying 28 day clubbers their retirement would cost a lot more.

I'm not using it as a comparison I was simply saying some people have waited a long time in previous campaigns and that they typically dont have a summer squad.

As I have previously stated I have it on good knowledge that the first squads won't be until August at the earliest

I'm not using it as a comparison I was simply saying some people have waited a long time in previous campaigns and that they typically dont have a summer squad.

As I have previously stated I have it on good knowledge that the first squads won't be until August at the earliest

But there was a squad in July 2017.

Ok that's fine but again you just said not to compare the two recruitment so.....

Ok that's fine but again you just said not to compare the two recruitment so.....

No the point you were making was that there is no summer intakes... the July 3017 intake probably had something to do with catching up after cheating scandal...

Not comparing 1509 to 1710. My point is even if that is the general practice it's not a rule. No one was fast tracked in 1509, and as the PSNI have started a squad in July before without a fast tracked pool.... it is reasonable to assume that there is a possibility of 1710 fast trackers starting in june/July.

The evidence suggests as such

2017*

No the point you were making was that there is no summer intakes... the July 3017 intake probably had something to do with catching up after cheating scandal...

Not comparing 1509 to 1710. My point is even if that is the general practice it's not a rule. No one was fast tracked in 1509, and as the PSNI have started a squad in July before without a fast tracked pool.... it is reasonable to assume that there is a possibility of 1710 fast trackers starting in june/July.

The evidence suggests as such
    And as I've stated I'm in gv and I have it on good knowledge there'll be no squad until August ... You're simply guessing that there maybe a July squad.

I appreciate your comment about summer squads not being a rule but it's typically the way it works gv pretty much shuts down during July for parade season

I don't think the PSNI would be so counter intuitive to have fast tracked people and then start them in August when a good few of the main body will be appointable by then...

I don't think the PSNI would be so counter intuitive to have fast tracked people and then start them in August when a good few of the main body will be appointable by then...

Ok that's fine well agree to disagree and wait and see what happens.

Very few people from previous campaigns come back to chat to people it's not a wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

If there was no fast track there probably wouldn't even have been people ready for a squad in August so maybe it's just to ensure there is a pool definitely ready to go

Lily79 wrote: »
    If there was no fast track there probably wouldn't even have been people ready for a squad in August so maybe it's just to ensure there is a pool definitely ready to go

Exactly! The squad in August is starting in August bearing in mind you get a call 6 weeks prior and go to induction 4 weeks prior to starting.

For anyone who trusts what I'm saying that means calls end of June for top scorers or fast trackers :) which is an extremely quick turn around :)

Congrats to everyone btw :)

If anyone wants to PM me any questions go ahead I'll try answer anything I can :) although I had a relatively easy recruitment with minimal hiccups :) but I understand what it's like waiting and not knowing I did it for 3 years it's very stressful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Let's say they take on everyone on the 17/10 can someone guesstimate when the last squad will be in GV

Trying to get idea how long I may have to wait providing I pass the rest of the stages

Nap702 wrote: »
    Let's say they take on everyone on the 17/10 can someone guesstimate when the last squad will be in GV

Trying to get idea how long I may have to wait providing I pass the rest of the stages

How long is a piece of string? I know it's vague it depends on how many pass, how big the squads can be, there's loads of variables sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

If anyone wants to PM me any questions go ahead I'll try answer anything I can :) although I had a relatively easy recruitment with minimal hiccups :) but I understand what it's like waiting and not knowing I did it for 3 years it's very stressful

Appreciate you coming back to give some insight. Perhaps you could shed some light on how long some of us could be waiting? For example, my AC score was 65. The merit list should be passed to the PSNI within the next 2/3 weeks as far as I'm aware.

Not sure if you're able to, but realistically, when could someone with my score be looking at starting GV, assuming having passed all the other stages.

Also, the classes, I assume there isn't one class at a time in GV? Surely they do a good whack (inner culchie showing) of people at one time?

A lot of us here seem to be on the same boat in that this is something we definitely want, but for me, I don't know if I'm up for waiting for a year before hearing anything, a lot can change in peoples lives in such a long time frame. Surely people lose interest at such a slow rate.

EDIT: I see you've sort of answered the first question already. I suppose it is a much of a muchness. Who knows. How long were you waiting, and if you don't mind what was your score?

Confusedas wrote: »

Appreciate you coming back to give some insight. Perhaps you could shed some light on how long some of us could be waiting? For example, my AC score was 65. The merit list should be passed to the PSNI within the next 2/3 weeks as far as I'm aware.

Not sure if you're able to, but realistically, when could someone with my score be looking at starting GV, assuming having passed all the other stages.

Also, the classes, I assume there isn't one class at a time in GV? Surely they do a good whack (inner culchie showing) of people at one time?

A lot of us here seem to be on the same boat in that this is something we definitely want, but for me, I don't know if I'm up for waiting for a year before hearing anything, a lot can change in peoples lives in such a long time frame. Surely people lose interest at such a slow rate.

So first squad from your campaign will be August calls going out end of June they tend to do calls every 6 weeks after squads are usually 50max but can be as small as 14.

Yea people give up and can't be bothered waiting. Waiting is all part of it if you want it bad enough you'll wait. Harsh but true. If your a top scorer they tend to get through them pretty quick and if they're planning a new recruitment in Autumn, if I've heard right, I wouldn't say you will be waiting too long especially at the rate you're all flying through at the minute.

Have you done medical or pca yet?

My score was 55 I was the bottom end of my recruitment. I was waiting almost the 3 yrs it's a long wait but it'll be worth it all :) if you're in a good job at the minute and you don't hate it just let recruitment run in the background apply for the next campaign if you haven't progressed through by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

My score was 55 I was the bottom end of my recruitment. I was waiting almost the 3 yrs it's a long wait but it'll be worth it all :) if you're in a good job at the minute and you don't hate it just let recruitment run in the background apply for the next campaign if you haven't progressed through by then

'Have you done medical or pca yet?'

No, not yet. I'm not fast-tracked, but with 65, I'm hoping that's a fairly high score. Were you fast-tracked? Are people not fast-tracked just as likely to get into GV as those who are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Confusedas wrote: »

'Have you done medical or pca yet?'

No, not yet. I'm not fast-tracked, but with 65, I'm hoping that's a fairly high score. Were you fast-tracked? Are people not fast-tracked just as likely to get into GV as those who are?

It seems this is the first time they have fast tracked people and in the last recruitment they took everyone that was on the merit list that passed everything so with a score of 65 I'm sure you will get a place as long as you pass everything else :)

Advertisement