Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Confusedas wrote: »
    My score was 55 I was the bottom end of my recruitment. I was waiting almost the 3 yrs it's a long wait but it'll be worth it all :) if you're in a good job at the minute and you don't hate it just let recruitment run in the background apply for the next campaign if you haven't progressed through by then

'Have you done medical or pca yet?'

No, not yet. I'm not fast-tracked, but with 65, I'm hoping that's a fairly high score. Were you fast-tracked? Are people not fast-tracked just as likely to get into GV as those who are?

We didn't have fast tracked lol so no i wasnt, 65 is a very good score of say you'll progress fairly fast. Yup id say everyone has a fair chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

Lily79 wrote: »
    It seems this is the first time they have fast tracked people and in the last recruitment they took everyone that was on the merit list that passed everything so with a score of 65 I'm sure you will get a place as long as you pass everything else :)

Fair enough. Roll on the rest of this annoyingly long process :D

We didn't have fast tracked lol so no i wasnt, 65 is a very good score of say you'll progress fairly fast. Yup id say everyone has a fair chance.

That's somewhat comforting to hear. Thanks for coming back to share some knowledge. Good luck with your career!:)

That's somewhat comforting to hear. Thanks for coming back to share some knowledge. Good luck with your career!:)

Thank you! Enjoy the process and good luck!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

New campaign could mean 1710 merit list gets binned as soon as scores come out. Im just worried that they won’t get down as far as they did in 1509 and lower scores don’t get a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Arniez12 wrote: »
    New campaign could mean 1710 merit list gets binned as soon as scores come out. Im just worried that they won’t get down as far as they did in 1509 and lower scores don’t get a chance.

I'd wait and see if the Autumn 2018 campaign actually happens before worrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I reckoned the fast track was to get some people ready to go in with the remains of 1509ers. Maybe that is still the case.

Anotherhopeful what is GV like? (I know I’m getting ahead of myself) Does everyone get their own room or do trainees share? Are you allowed to bring laptop/iPad.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I reckoned the fast track was to get some people ready to go in with the remains of 1509ers. Maybe that is still the case.

Anotherhopeful what is GV like? (I know I’m getting ahead of myself) Does everyone get their own room or do trainees share? Are you allowed to bring laptop/iPad.

You only live in if more than 35 miles away or you have good reason to stay if your under the 35mile limit. In regards to rooms they have bunks but I think they have enough room that you get your own.

In regards to electronics your allowed 3 all have to be PAT tested within the first week of starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

What's start and finish time each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

Folks, there is a lot of speculation regarding the next intake date and I can see everyone’s point of view as to why June, July or August would make sense.

Has anyone considered contacting HR to see if they would give any info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

If you live within the 35 miles, but not all accommodation has been taken up do you think it would be possible to get a bunk for no other reason than for the experience? Is it valid reasons only if you are within the 35 miles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Anyone else get an email? Says my application is being processed. Yehaaa

Nap702 wrote: »

I wouldn't be disclosing that on public forum

Rossco22 wrote: »
    If you live within the 35 miles, but not all accommodation has been taken up do you think it would be possible to get a bunk for no other reason than for the experience? Is it valid reasons only if you are within the 35 miles?

No you pretty much need a reason to stay if you're under the 35 mile

Folks, there is a lot of speculation regarding the next intake date and I can see everyone’s point of view as to why June, July or August would make sense.

Has anyone considered contacting HR to see if they would give any info?

We tried this throughout my campaign they never told us anything try an FOI

Got that too. Not holding my breath yet though, its still a Deloitte email. Hopefully hear from the PSNI soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Got that too. Not holding my breath yet though, its still a Deloitte email. Hopefully hear from the PSNI soon.

Its from psni. Its an offical .pnn address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Just got an email with update guys

Nap702 wrote: »

I wouldn't be disclosing that on public forum
    Good shout would you PM me?

takodah wrote: »
    Just got an email with update guys

So the merit list has been passed over

• Advertisement

I got nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Same, refreshing my emails like mad here atm lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Got the same myself

Joceyjoe wrote: »

Lol, Ive refreshed mine about six times in the last ten mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

Same got mine less than an hour ago got between 60-64 AC score looks like they want to speed up recruitment after what was said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Joceyjoe wrote: »

It's just an automated looking email I wouldn't worry about it too much. Prob processing a big mail merge today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Mrman1578 wrote: »
    Same got mine less than an hour ago got between 60-64 AC score looks like they want to speed up recruitment after what was said!!

I’ve nothing yet. Arghh

Its from psni. Its an offical .pnn address

I stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

You people who got emails today what score bracket are you in??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

maybecop18 wrote: »
    You people who got emails today what score bracket are you in??

I’m 65-70 and I know mrman said he’s in the 60-65.

Advertisement