Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Why are they skipping people who have performed to a higher standard at AC. It’s all very strange

Maybe not everyones vetting has cleared.

People have been fast tracked without vetting clearing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Hi guys, first time poster. Scored between 60-65 at AC but no email yet for me. Well done everyone who has made it this far!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

Hi guys, first time poster. Scored between 60-65 at AC but no email yet for me. Well done everyone who has made it this far!
    Hi and welcome, Im in the same score as you and no email lol either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Why are they skipping people who have performed to a higher standard at AC. It’s all very strange

Yeah, but wondering if those who have received emails have their vetting cleared, from what I was reading some fast trackers havent received an email yet. Could it be those with the email are just waiting on the call? Without knowing what the email says I can only speculate.

Yeah, but wondering if those who have received emails have their vetting cleared, from what I was reading some fast trackers havent received an email yet. Could it be those with the email are just waiting on the call? Without knowing what the email says I can only speculate.

Read the post.

The email is exactly what the fast trackers got...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

I got 64 and I think I'm being fast tracked, so maybe it's for people in the mid sixties and above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Well that's the deadline for the first batch of online learning past. I really hope it isn't an Aug start date, with everything cleared, the days are now dragging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Ponif wrote: »
    Got my email today, looks like I'll have to pump my training into high gear I was already doing a lot of HIIT during my daily walks but I'm looking at the programme the PSNI set out on their website, any fitness buffs know if it's decent enough to follow? I was thinking of switching to what they laid out and doing 3h a day

By no means am I fit but from my own experience 3h a day would be nuts. Fair play if you can do that. My impression would be it’s like a 3 min round in a boxing ring. High level of cardio, speed and then using various muscle groups in pushing and pulling etc. I’m going to train for that. Not going to lie will probably do a bit each day but my main workout would be 40mins twice/3 times a week if I’m lucky with work and the big bad adult world lol.

Would highly recommend joining a boxing club for just the training or something similar. Any of those “warrior boot camps” are great too.

And food and beer. trying to control that in the middle of BBQ season is not as fun as it seems.

Daisy04 wrote: »
    Maybe they are looking at how you scored in a certain aspect of the testing? I done ****e on the IST and report writing but scored highly on the roleplays and action plans. Honestly don't know why people with same scores aren't on the same boat, although I think it's a good sign for any lads or lasses in the 55-60 bracket!

Might just be taking the higher half of the top scorers

Could it be people who did particularly well in a certain aspect of the scoring criteria? Who knows

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

For all those worrying about the email today. I got it but I really don’t think it was anything more than a formality. Some people have said it’s to do with fast track, I scored 65 but I was not fast tracked and have yet to be invited to complete the further stages. So it’s possible that the mail just hasn’t been sent yet. Another poster put the mail up on here for others to see. It’s doesnt seem to be that big a deal.

Maybe I’m wrong?

Confusedas wrote: »
    For all those worrying about the email today. I got it but I really don’t think it was anything more than a formality. Some people have said it’s to do with fast track, I scored 65 but I was not fast tracked and have yet to be invited to complete the further stages. So it’s possible that the mail just hasn’t been sent yet. Another poster put the mail up on here for others to see. It’s doesnt seem to be that big a deal.

Maybe I’m wrong?
    could swap places if you like :D
    another couple weeks to get my fitness in tip top shape wouldn't bother me none

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

So apart from the line about the results date, it seems we got the same email as the original fast track folk.

We don't know if this means we are the end of the fast tracked though. Try not to get your hopes up all. I originally assumed this was just an admin email and I'll keep that for the next week to see who else gets it. Especially with a score of 64

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Does anybody know how many attended the ac nik9 do you know

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Most AC are around the 2000 mark sometimes higher but until the FOI is returned we won't know the exact numbers sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

I know people have a lot riding on all of this but I really hope the job doesn't stress you all out as much as these emails are :) emails will always go out in batches, certain numbers will be brought forward at a time as they can't possibly process everyone at once. Only a certain amount of people can complete a pca or familiarisation session at one time. I doubt there is any more 'fast track' as everyone's results are out now but just because you haven't got an email today doesn't mean you're getting left behind, it really is only the beginning. Be positive and patient

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

I think we all need to calm down.
    I know this is really important to most people, but stressing yourself out about it isnt gonna make it happen any quicker.

The whole point of fast tracking was that they would process to next phases before everyone else got AC results. If you havent been fast tracked by now you arent gonna be.

The email will come just be patient.

You are on the cusp of one of the the most stressful jobs in the world.

Just let it run. Live your life. You will have to learn to live in the job so learn to do it now.

Also you are feeling frustration not stress. Unless you are the folk owning businesses etc this shouldn't be stressing you out...

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

NiK9 wrote: »
    Most AC are around the 2000 mark sometimes higher but until the FOI is returned we won't know the exact numbers sorry.

If you had to guess how many would you say passed the ac

NiK9 wrote: »

If you had to guess how many would you say passed the ac

Honestly I've no idea so wouldn't even want to guess. But, Robocop2k16 posted an FOI yesterday from the 1509 campaign.

2121 attended the AC. (Doesn't say how many were invited).
    And 905 Passed.

146 passed with a score up to 60%
    590 obtained above 60%,
    155 obtained above 70%,
    14 obtained above 80%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Rookie23

No E-mail here yet, hope I get one soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

No email for me today but I'm in the 50-55 group. I don't mind waiting....however an email with a rough estimate of how long it will take for me to go for the PCA would be good...would
    save me worrying about having to be like an Iron Man Triathlete for the next two months ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

Hey guys I'm from 15/09 campaign and have my spot in gv. I have it on good knowledge that the 17/10 squads won't be starting until August at the earliest they don't take summer squads

Fair enough, but then what was the point in tge fast track?

A squad did start in July 2017...

That probably is them at fast track haha some people have waited 3 yrs in previous campaigns

1710 is different both in pace and methodolgy that 1509 so treating them as direct comparators isn't really appropriate is it?

1509 had the cheating scandal, the collapse of the executive which tightened purse strings (hence the decision to exhaust the list rather than chin it off, i.e. they didn't know whether 1710 would happen or not) now they have funding from Westminster so money is not an issue as denying 28 day clubbers their retirement would cost a lot more.

I'm not using it as a comparison I was simply saying some people have waited a long time in previous campaigns and that they typically dont have a summer squad.

As I have previously stated I have it on good knowledge that the first squads won't be until August at the earliest

But there was a squad in July 2017.
    No there wasn't

No there wasn't

Ok dead onnnnn

Squad 07/2017

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Daisy04 wrote: »

Me three!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

No there wasn't

Ok dead onnnnn

Squad 07/2017

Yes. There is a 07/2017. They did not start in July. They started in October. You have to admit you are not always right.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/psni-students-in-exam-cheating-scandal-restart-training-34821722.html

2nd batch of cheating squad started training in July 2016.

Apologies a fresh squad didnt start but a squad did start in July 2016 just happened to be 18 cheaters.

Got an email with PCA DATE

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Breezecop

Guyssss scored 80 - 85 ..first fast track group .. pca ages ago..medical was dine on 2/5/18 passed it amd online learning passed ....but still no vetting email....should i be worrried

• Advertisement

Breezecop wrote: »
    Guyssss scored 80 - 85 ..first fast track group .. pca ages ago..medical was dine on 2/5/18 passed it amd online learning passed ....but still no vetting email....should i be worrried

Don’t be could just be how long it takes. August is still a long way off.

Advertisement