Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

takodah wrote: »
    Got an email with PCA DATE
    Did you get the email yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Got this one Literally 15 mins ago. And got one yesterday yes. Getting real now (as I look at the coffee and biscuit I am about to eat) lol

Got this one Literally 15 mins ago. And got one yesterday yes. Getting real now (as I look at the coffee and biscuit I am about to eat) lol

What type of biscuit though? If its a crunch cream then it's permissable 😉

Now I'm thinking Where's my email but it could be days, months, years and I'm trying not to get ahead of myself here. So hard not to though. And breathe....

Mine just came as well for pca. Its getting real!

What type of biscuit though? If its a crunch cream then it's permissable 😉

Now I'm thinking Where's my email but it could be days, months, years and I'm trying not to get ahead of myself here. So hard not to though. And breathe....

Goldbar lol and keep the head up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

So it would seem you guys did get fast tracked, well done and good luck for the PCA!

Nap702 wrote: »
    So it would seem you guys did get fast tracked, well done and good luck for the PCA!

We don’t know that. It could just be rolling out as they see fit and we are luckily the first. Who knows what emails might come next week or this for the others. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

Same here two emails in two days

Mrman1578 wrote: »

Same here two emails in two days
    Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

This forum is great but sometimes I really hate it! Sometimes i think I’d be better not knowing what’s going on with everyone’s recruitment

• Advertisement

Tom_90 wrote: »
    This forum is great but sometimes I really hate it! Sometimes i think I’d be better not knowing what’s going on with everyone’s recruitment

Ahhh the curse of the boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

PCA email got as well. Good going for the others who got it. For those that don't, I wouldn't worry. I was worried about the fast-trackers ahead of me and sure what was the point in that.

Confusedas wrote: »
    PCA email got as well. Good going for the others who got it. For those that don't, I wouldn't worry. I was worried about the fast-trackers ahead of me and sure what was the point in that.

Will you share roughly how soon it is?

Confusedas wrote: »

Will you share roughly how soon it is?

Less than a month

do You think it’s done on a score and geographical area basis. Taking those from harder to recruit areas? Without giving much away my area would be.

do You think it’s done on a score and geographical area basis. Taking those from harder to recruit areas? Without giving much away my area would be.

It's not based on score as I got 64 and there's one with better scores ahead of me waiting. I think it's the end of the original fast track list provided by deloitte and is more likely to do with when you did your ac than anything else

It's not based on score as I got 64 and there's one with better scores ahead of me waiting. I think it's the end of the original fast track list provided by deloitte and is more likely to do with when you did your ac than anything else

I did do my ac late.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

I'm not sure what the plan is with the PSNI and how they're calling people up for the PCA. But I would assume that the best way to do it would be to just contact everyone and give them dates. Just test everyone as rapidly as possible, not do it in batches based on AC scores.

It might be that they don't even take the AC score into account until the end of the recruitment campaign when they have a list of candidates who have passed all stages and are inviting them to GV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Adam West wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the plan is with the PSNI and how they're calling people up for the PCA. But I would assume that the best way to do it would be to just contact everyone and give them dates. Just test everyone as rapidly as possible, not do it in batches based on AC scores.

It might be that they don't even take the AC score into account until the end of the recruitment campaign when they have a list of candidates who have passed all stages and are inviting them to GV.

Do you understand admin costs? They have to do it in batches. Deloitte have loads of people dedicated to a tender PSNI only have so many HR staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Additionally PSNI HR have about 3 other active recruitment campaigns aside from Constable recruitment.

CH and CDOs are past Grafton stages and now with HR.

ASOs and Dispatchers will be joining them shortly.

Plus they also have DPO and industrial grades recruitment live atm

Plus whatever internal stuff they have on atm. Civilian promotion boards.

Constable to sergeant
    Sergeant to Inspector
    Inspector to C/Inspector etc etc

• Advertisement

Adam West wrote: »

They can't bring people in randomly and have them wait. They have to redo the physical after 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Has everyone that scored 60+ been invited to PCA then?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

Arniez12 wrote: »
    I'm sure that depends how many people scored 60+. I would say there was around 50 people at my pca so they might have only invited enough people for one session

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Lily79 wrote: »
    I'm sure that depends how many people scored 60+. I would say there was around 50 people at my pca so they might have only invited enough people for one session

Nope I haven’t received an email and I got in the 60’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Slo18 wrote: »

Also in the 60’s and nothing for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

I’m sure u got below 64 then !

So anyone that got 64 or above has now been contacted ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

So anyone that got 64 or above has now been contacted ?

Yep me.

Correct me if I’m wrong but people on here yesterday said they scored 70 and didn’t get an email yesterday. So might not be all score related.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

Could all be down to how far your vetting has progressed or if you have previously been vetted. Who knows? What I will say is there will have been a logical thought process to it all we just aren't aware of.

Advertisement