Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

NiK9 wrote: »
    It's to do with the particular scenarios that you do on ghe day so cant really give details as it wilk always be different.

If I can give anyone a singke bit of advice it's keep an open mind about names!!
    The a.c. was usually run over a long time period and takes alot of staff to run it. So alot of the names in the scenarios can be used for both male and female so different staff can cover each other. E.g. Ashley Robin etc.
    For e.g. you may have a scenario where robins wife Rachel got assaulted. Robin and Rachel could be a lesbian couple for some candidates but for others robin may be a man... if that makes sense??

Yeah I getcha, so what it is basically doing is getting you to write a police report and then it gets scored based on the content of the report, accuracy and SPaG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Lockie101 wrote: »
    NiK9 wrote: »
    It's to do with the particular scenarios that you do on ghe day so cant really give details as it wilk always be different.

If I can give anyone a singke bit of advice it's keep an open mind about names!!
    The a.c. was usually run over a long time period and takes alot of staff to run it. So alot of the names in the scenarios can be used for both male and female so different staff can cover each other. E.g. Ashley Robin etc.
    For e.g. you may have a scenario where robins wife Rachel got assaulted. Robin and Rachel could be a lesbian couple for some candidates but for others robin may be a man... if that makes sense??

Yeah I getcha, so what it is basically doing is getting you to write a police report and then it gets scored based on the content of the report, accuracy and SPaG?

No not necessarily it can literally be anything. I just used that as an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

Ah okay, I am actually looking forward to the AC (presuming I make it that far), by the sounds of it, it sounds like its right up my street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Just remember they are not. Looking for the finished article. They are looking for the potential to become a police officer. They just want to see that you can talk to people, make links and understand problems whilst maintaining the competencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Looks like it will be tomorrow for the results. Hopefully I'll pass but if I do so little time I'm not sure I'll get work off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

It is just not enough notice if you are up for AC late January. I'll have to come across the water and for us who are cops, hope we aren't cited for court the same date!

Deloitte really know how to make life hard for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Peelerwannabe

This is mental
    Torture!

Do the results usually take the full week to be issued? What has happened in previous campaigns?

Public sector recruitment. All candidates will be notified at the same time

• Advertisement

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

In previous campaigns they have gave a specific date. Rather than the week.

Ah, pity they didn’t do the same for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 LPT2018

For anyone who's done the AC before, how on earth do you practice? This is my first go at the process and I'm hearing all about the AC and its frightening the hell out of me..
    Any assistant/ experience is welcome! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

LPT2018 wrote: »
    For anyone who's done the AC before, how on earth do you practice? This is my first go at the process and I'm hearing all about the AC and its frightening the hell out of me..
    Any assistant/ experience is welcome! :)
    This is my first time too, for the AC I have been learning the core competencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Folks the assessment centres run for nearly 3 months. They'll do their best to accomodate people with extenuating circumstances by moving their AC date if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

I guess tomorrow is judgement day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

KN1231999 wrote: »

Yeap! There will be civil unrest if they dont send it lol

It actually wouldn't surprise me tbh I can see it happening

It actually wouldn't surprise me to be honest I can see it happening

• Advertisement

No im losing faith fast in dilotte

Here's hoping they have the pass fail emails already compiled, just waiting to press the send button

Just maximising billable hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

All the best to everyone tomorrow, I hope you all pass. If the worst happens don't give up there will be plenty more chances at this job, if you want it enough you will get it.

All the best guys

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Results day at last....hopefully!

Good luck everyone!

Good luck my fellow friends, God speed.

Good luck my fellow friends, God speed.

What’s the chances we don’t get the results today?

• Advertisement

What’s the chances we don’t get the results today?

Il not be surprised!

Advertisement