Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

ML515 wrote: »
    Could all be down to how far your vetting has progressed or if you have previously been vetted. Who knows? What I will say is there will have been a logical thought process to it all we just aren't aware of.

Would make sense been vetted every year since I was 16 for youth Work posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Also got pca invite email. Havn't the foggiest how they are working the order out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

It will come when it comes. No point worrying over something we can’t help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Slo18 wrote: »

Very true. It will come very soon, just use it and get fit. The rest of us now have an execution date with no wriggle room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Feel the same way, are u waiting too slo18?

• Advertisement

Yep I am indeed. No point stressing.

Very true. It will come very soon, just use it and get fit. The rest of us now have an execution date with no wriggle room.

Exactly. Slightly more to get fitter.

Exactly more time for us to get fit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

With PCA in June that means in recruitment process that we should get a call up by December at latest as I read waste of time and resources as it expires in 6 months very exciting...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Lily79 wrote: »
    Arniez12 wrote: »
    Has everyone that scored 60+ been invited to PCA then?
    I'm sure that depends how many people scored 60+. I would say there was around 50 people at my pca so they might have only invited enough people for one session

Nope I haven’t received an email and I got in the 60’s
    Also in the 60’s and nothing for me

Nope, I’m in 60-65 bracket and have had neither email

• Advertisement

Exactly more time for us to get fit!
    Yep you got it. At least we can prep for this.

JECornette wrote: »
    I'm sure that depends how many people scored 60+. I would say there was around 50 people at my pca so they might have only invited enough people for one session

It will come at least we can prepare for the next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Daisy04

I'm in the same boat as you guys 60-65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Daisy04 wrote: »

Me too

Nap702 wrote: »

Me too

We could all be doing pca together lol

Nap702 wrote: »

Me too

We could all be doing pca together lol
    we could!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Its giving me time to keep working on my fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Breezecop wrote: »
    Guyssss scored 80 - 85 ..first fast track group .. pca ages ago..medical was dine on 2/5/18 passed it amd online learning passed ....but still no vetting email....should i be worrried

I waited a good 3 months on mine tbh they don't process it until you pass pca medical and smt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

Can anyone give guidance to being unable to attend the PCA date as I personally have two a level exams that date unfortunately I have cancelled my date but will that mean I will be pushed further down the waiting merit list to others not having word yet ... my date is mid June btw I reckon everyone with emails got the same date due to there having to be certain numbers at an intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Mrman1578 wrote: »
    Can anyone give guidance to being unable to attend the PCA date as I personally have two a level exams that date unfortunately I have cancelled my date but will that mean I will be pushed further down the waiting merit list to others not having word yet ... my date is mid June btw I reckon everyone with emails got the same date due to there having to be certain numbers at an intake?

I think they just put you through in the next batch of pca dates, as long as your just telling them you need a different date not that you're dropping out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

I reckon we are all doing the same date in that mid June ish you referenced. That's a bummer we having to reschedule but depending on how they work it, it'll maybe just put ya back a month hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

They will just move you to the front of the line for emails for the following PCA.

Also guys don't be stressing that yous are missing out on something with emails. You have to confirm recept of all emails with the PSNI so in the unlikely event you didnt get your email and were supposed to, as soon as you fail to respond they will contact you by phone.
    I confirmed I was going to PCA but forgot to confirm I was attending the PCA familiarisation and they called me to check.

They will just move you to the front of the line for emails for the following PCA.

Also guys don't be stressing that yous are missing out on something with emails. You have to confirm recept of all emails with the PSNI so in the unlikely event you didnt get your email and were supposed to, as soon as you fail to respond they will contact you by phone.
    I confirmed I was going to PCA but forgot to confirm I was attending the PCA familiarisation and they called me to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

How much notice did you guys get for your PCA date? 3/4 weeks?

How much notice did you guys get for your PCA date? 3/4 weeks?
    1 week to familiarisation then 2 more weeks until the actual PCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Thanks Nik9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Breezecop wrote: »
    Guyssss scored 80 - 85 ..first fast track group .. pca ages ago..medical was dine on 2/5/18 passed it amd online learning passed ....but still no vetting email....should i be worrried

I waited a good 3 months on mine tbh they don't process it until you pass pca medical and smt :)

My mates vetting cleared a full week before his medical 😂😂😂 as did Nik9s i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 24 countrymusic1

Hey guys and gals
    Just wondering if anyone is going to the repeat familiarisation tomorrow? I think I will cry when I see that circuit all over again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spasticator

For those who have completed the PCA, may I ask a question.... 
    Is it 3 times around the obstacle course in 3:54, or, is it once around the course and then 3 laps around the course in 3:54?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

3 laps of the obstacle course I would guess as 3 running laps would be easier

Advertisement