Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

belfast_22 wrote: »
    Alright guys, been watching the feed from early on in the process but first post. 65-70 second phase of fast track, failed my pca first time but passed on the first familiarisation session. Nothing more than having the wrong perception of it, atleast that’s me back on track now. What was the time scales for medical dates after your pca? Cheers everyone

I was at that first support session, so pleased to hear you passed :) good luck with the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Alright guys, been watching the feed from early on in the process but first post. 65-70 second phase of fast track, failed my pca first time but passed on the first familiarisation session. Nothing more than having the wrong perception of it, atleast that’s me back on track now. What was the time scales for medical dates after your pca? Cheers everyone

How come you failed the pca is it more challenging that it looks or what happened

If you watch the YouTube video it looks like a brisk jog? Don’t rely upon that I learnt the hard way,Balls to the wall will get you passed no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 belfast_22

Lily79 wrote: »

I was at that first support session, so pleased to hear you passed :) good luck with the rest

Thank you!! Good luck to you too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Just thinking some day i could be working with some of you...wonder if the nick names will stay lol some classics already-

TheBigLight, HankSchrader1, Bananarama1512, Kermit243, RoboCop 2k16, and mrlovalova lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

NiK9 wrote: »
    Finally hit our 50th Boardie score. So just putting scores back up. Again the scores for each bracket are just in the order they were sent.
    Any lurkers come forward :)

Breezecop: 80-85
    Mal137: 80-85
    Rossco22: 75-80
    NIK9: 75-80
    Loremaster Teclis: 75-80
    snickett4: 75-80
    Scammy21: 75-80
    TheBigLight: 70-75
    Lily79: 70-75
    HankSchrader1: 70-75
    Bananarama1512: 70-75
    Faugha: 70-75
    Davidb1988: 70-75
    Mb91: 70-75
    Belroo99: 70-75
    Anni123: 70
    ML515: 65-70
    Slo85: 65-70
    takodah: 65-70
    SW1996: 65-70
    NemesisEejit: 65
    gawa84: 65
    Kermit243: 65-70
    DarylD96: 60-65
    Nap702: 60-65
    Robocop2k16: 60-65
    Ponif: 60-65
    Coco2070: 60-65
    Adam West: 60-65
    JECornette: 60-65
    RECRUIT2018: 60-65
    Confusedas: 60-65
    Aye_Chihuahua: 60-65
    Mrman1578: 63
    Stm1: 55-60
    Rookie23: 55-60
    Mike079: 55-60
    Tom_90: 55-60
    Slatprh: 55-60
    Adam261: 55-60
    Joceyjoe: 55-60
    Njim91: 55-60
    Ohh369: 55-60
    eslow: 55-60
    Alan0894a: 55
    Recruit 6: 55
    Belfast_B2014: 50-55
    Starsky1: 50-55
    Waiting88: 50-55
    Goonerdee: 50-55
    Newbie1710: 50-55

I got 55-60

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Just thinking some day i could be working with some of you...wonder if the nick names will stay lol some classics already-

TheBigLight, HankSchrader1, Bananarama1512, Kermit243, RoboCop 2k16, and mrlovalova lol

I was thinking if I was lucky to get in I would randomly drop peoples names into conversations to see if anyone responds with “boardie!”

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

Perhaps a secret challenge and code

"John has a long moustache"

To be responded to with

"Wounds my heart with a monotonous langour"

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ron_Mon

Nap702 wrote: »
    Is there any lukers still not known to the group? Lol Haha come fourth lol
    Long time lurker.  55-60.  
    In this for the long haul! Fingers crossed they don't scrap the list before they get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Arniez12

Don’t understand why they do that, doesn’t make much sense to start a new campaign with people still on a merit list deemed fit for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Arniez12 wrote: »
    Don’t understand why they do that, doesn’t make much sense to start a new campaign with people still on a merit list deemed fit for the job.

They want the best folk for the job there will be people who will score really well at AC who were too young to apply this time...

If they can engineer a situation were they have a constant pool they will. As they can then just keep taking high scorers.

It makes perfect sense

• Advertisement

They want the best folk for the job there will be people who will score really well at AC who were too young to apply this time...

If they can engineer a situation were they have a constant pool they will. As they can then just keep taking high scorers.

It makes perfect sense

Then why set the “pass” mark at 50, and actually lower it for this campaign? If they want the best why not have a 70 pass mark which is classed as “very good” or even a 60. I understand they need an adequate amount of people going through but surely those numbers could be made up of 60+ scorers and then recruit when that list is dry.

It makes perfect sense

Then why set the “pass” mark at 50, and actually lower it for this campaign? If they want the best why not have a 70 pass mark which is classed as “very good” or even a 60. I understand they need an adequate amount of people going through but surely those numbers could be made up of 60+ scorers and then recruit when that list is dry.

Contingency planning in case the money for Autumn 2018 campaign falls through the floor

2001-2009 PSNI recruitment, by the time the next campaign's merit list was ready to go and the first batch appointable all those below a certain scored were just chinned off...

Hence why you had the situation were people could be live in multiple campaigns...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

It makes perfect sense

Well as a low scorer I’m glad it’s been dropped!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spike1886

I scored 60-65 in the AC. No emails yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

NiK9 wrote: »
    Finally hit our 50th Boardie score. So just putting scores back up. Again the scores for each bracket are just in the order they were sent.
    Any lurkers come forward :)

Breezecop: 80-85
    Mal137: 80-85
    Rossco22: 75-80
    NIK9: 75-80
    Loremaster Teclis: 75-80
    snickett4: 75-80
    Scammy21: 75-80
    TheBigLight: 70-75
    Lily79: 70-75
    HankSchrader1: 70-75
    Bananarama1512: 70-75
    Faugha: 70-75
    Davidb1988: 70-75
    Mb91: 70-75
    Belroo99: 70-75
    Anni123: 70
    ML515: 65-70
    Slo85: 65-70
    takodah: 65-70
    SW1996: 65-70
    NemesisEejit: 65
    gawa84: 65
    Kermit243: 65-70
    DarylD96: 60-65
    Nap702: 60-65
    Robocop2k16: 60-65
    Ponif: 60-65
    Coco2070: 60-65
    Adam West: 60-65
    JECornette: 60-65
    RECRUIT2018: 60-65
    Confusedas: 60-65
    Aye_Chihuahua: 60-65
    Mrman1578: 63
    Stm1: 55-60
    Rookie23: 55-60
    Mike079: 55-60
    Tom_90: 55-60
    Slatprh: 55-60
    Adam261: 55-60
    Joceyjoe: 55-60
    Njim91: 55-60
    Ohh369: 55-60
    eslow: 55-60
    Alan0894a: 55
    Recruit 6: 55
    Belfast_B2014: 50-55
    Starsky1: 50-55
    Waiting88: 50-55
    Goonerdee: 50-55
    Newbie1710: 50-55

60-65, and nothing else heard thus far.

Joceyjoe wrote: »

It makes perfect sense

But it hasnt been dropped?

Recruitment was frozen and the only thing they dropped was 50/50 and havent had rolling recruitment since 2009.

No point worrying about it until it happens and it's literally 50/50 whether it does or not.

I hate the phrase but "it pays to be a winner"

It makes perfect sense

Recruitment was frozen and the only thing they dropped was 50/50 and havent had rolling recruitment since 2009.

No point worrying about it until it happens and it's literally 50/50 whether it does or not.

Think AC pass score was dropped this year to 50 whereas in previous years it was 52 & 54. I scored 59 and would have preferred to be told I’m out than get brought through the stages then get binned lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

It makes perfect sense

Yeah and we all have something to offer no matter how low we scored :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TheBigLight

It makes perfect sense

y

Think AC pass score was dropped this year to 50 whereas in previous years it was 52 & 54. I scored 59 and would have preferred to be told I’m out than get brought through the stages then get binned lol

Just because some one scored well at AC doesn't mean they will pass the other stages. If you nail the PCA and pass the rest you could be in. Rather that score a high ac and fail at medical or PCA.

It makes perfect sense

The AC scores are independent of each other. Just because 1509's was higher than 1710s doesn't mean it was "lowered"

It's just like GCSEs grading criteria shifts as per the groups performance as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

It makes perfect sense

Bantebus what do you mean it pays to be a winner

It makes perfect sense

Simple the higher you score the better chance of getting in.

The fitter you are the better chance you have of passing PCA and medical

You's all passed IST and were the winners at that stage.

You's all passes AC and so were the winners at that stage.

Etc etc

Anyone any guesses as to when PCA would be for AC score 59? Even rough estimates from current timescales etc I know it’s hard to judge, but planning holidays and would not want to cancel or postpone my PCA date.

It makes perfect sense

Etc etc
    Just because some people have scored high in the ac and have got fast tracked doesn't mean anything alot to be said about doing the job . People might be better at tests than other but the people who score in the middle are probably the best suited . Plus there's people in here only have applied once and got this far and others it's taking a good few attempts. Some of yous are up your own arses

It makes perfect sense

Etc etc
    Just because some people have scored high in the ac and have got fast tracked doesn't mean anything alot to be said about doing the job . People might be better at tests than other but the people who score in the middle are probably the best suited . Plus there's people in here only have applied once and got this far and others it's taking a good few attempts. Some of yous are up your own arses

But you have displayed the competencies better than those scored below you so in the eyes of the police are more likely to pass training. As the recruitment process is an evidence led process...

I agree with somewhat you are saying but some people have had 3 or 4 goes at the ac and that so no wonder they can show the competencies better it's merely acting to mark points

It makes perfect sense

Etc etc

It means they are more than likely going to be in GV before low scorers...in 1509 the most common scores by far were from 60-70 bracket, hundreds of people got this score. Due to recruitment in autumn, if the trend continued for this campaign, there would be no way anyone with score in 50’s would be near GV by the time the new merit list comes out.

I agree with somewhat you are saying but some people have had 3 or 4 goes at the ac and that so no wonder they can show the competencies better it's merely acting to mark points

Youbcan have somebody who score 49.75 that is super fit, super healthy and would make a brilliant peeler but they have no evidence to show that they are more capable than a 75 scorer...

It makes perfect sense

Etc etc

How are people scoring in the group average best suited?

Are you on glue? The merit principle applies.

• Advertisement

Youbcan have somebody who score 49.75 that is super fit, super healthy and would make a brilliant peeler but they have no evidence to show that they are more capable than a 75 scorer...
    That's true but I don't think they should singling take about 70 at one time they should take a mixture of score brackets as that then gives everybody a chance to show how good they really are

Advertisement