Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Any long time posters still waiting (or hoping for another campaign) 1001 was my first campaign but think it was 1309? before I started posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

He did, but he passed it before and will hopefully pass it again in the future. His experience simply lends credence to my point that the selection process is imperfect, as it generates inconsistent results.

Cheers mate, I have plenty to get on with, I will pass eventually just a matter of time but at the end of the day there's no point stewing over it as life is too short.

My point about being free ti boast and brag is the fact that outside of your circle of family and close friends you can't tell anyone. So this is the one place that you can freely do that.

Recruit 6 we all understand your frustration but so what if someone wants to boast about their 80+ score?
    They earned it and can't tell people about it in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 maybecop18

I think Banterbus isnt really an applicant.
    He is a GV tutor one here testing everyone and trying to get us all riled up. 😀😀

maybecop18 wrote: »
    He is a GV tutor one here testing everyone and trying to get us all riled up. 😀😀

I wish that was so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

He did, but he passed it before and will hopefully pass it again in the future. His experience simply lends credence to my point that the selection process is imperfect, as it generates inconsistent results.

Cheers mate, I have plenty to get on with, I will pass eventually just a matter of time but at the end of the day there's no point stewing over it as life is too short.

I must be nearly into double digits of trying, with mixed results. Been as far as passing vetting etc. Just keep trying and get on with other things in the meantime. At least recruitment seems to be planned more regularly going forward.

Gee2 wrote: »

I must be nearly into double digits of trying, with mixed results. Been as far as passing vetting etc. Just keep trying and get on with other things in the meantime. At least recruitment seems to be planned more regularly going forward.

Heart of a Lion. Chin up and crack on.

Heart of a Lion. Chin up and crack on.

Only thing for it. Hopefully I will get a chance this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Confusedas

maybecop18 wrote: »
    He is a GV tutor one here testing everyone and trying to get us all riled up. ����

Top 'banter' (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

My point about being free ti boast and brag is the fact that outside of your circle of family and close friends you can't tell anyone. So this is the one place that you can freely do that.

Recruit 6 we all understand your frustration but so what if someone wants to boast about their 80+ score?
    I am.not frustrated with people scoring higher I am just waiting my time like everyone else I don't think people should put negative veiws in here as it's just dampening the other candidates mood and hope

• Advertisement

No malice intended, but if you passed the vetting what held you back? It seems that for those fast tracked early on, that's all they are really waiting for to clear and then waiting on 'the call'

Recruit 6 wrote: »

I am.not frustrated with people scoring higher I am just waiting my time like everyone else I don't think people should put negative veiws in here as it's just dampening the other candidates mood and hope

You are only perceiving negative view.

Not one person has said.

"If you scored under 60 you aren't getting in"

It's only negative if you perceive it as negative. Would you prefer not to know the full picture and the full scale of possibilities or be kept in the dark?

Your posting lacks logical deduction and is quite tunnel visioned.

Confusedas wrote: »

No malice intended, but if you passed the vetting what held you back? It seems that for those fast tracked early on, that's all they are really waiting for to clear and then waiting on 'the call'

The great budget cut of 2011. Instead of a phone call, I received a Dear John and the merit list was sent to the shredder.

The great budget cut of 2011. Instead of a phone call, I received a Dear John and the merit list was sent to the shredder.

Ah, balls to that then. Sure, it'll be grand this time

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Not one person has said.

It's only negative if you perceive it as negative. Would you prefer not to know the full picture and the full scale of possibilities or be kept in the dark?

I am trying to stay positive and I am saying I am getting in that's why I don't want to think about not getting in lol

Hence why I won’t count any chickens yet. I won’t lie I was devastated, but you just have to look focus on new targets: I took up a new hobby, got promoted in work (now I would have to take a wage cut 😫), went back to school etc.

Anyone who missed out this time, just keep busy until next campaign and use this campaign as valuable experience.

Not one person has said.

I am trying to stay positive and I am saying I am getting in that's why I don't want to think about not getting in lol

Then keep fit and you should have no issues then.

Hence why I won’t count any chickens yet. I won’t lie I was devastated, but you just have to focus on new targets: I took up a new hobby, got promoted in work (now I would have to take a wage cut), went back to school etc.

Anyone who missed out this time, just keep busy until next campaign and use this campaign as valuable experience.
    Not sure how a wink emoji was added to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Random one for fitness applicants, would any supplements do any damage in the medical if they do a urine sample test? Would it look bad if a lot of protein shows up? Or creatine

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Random one for fitness applicants, would any supplements do any damage in the medical if they do a urine sample test? Would it look bad if a lot of protein shows up? Or creatine

This. This I did not consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

This. This I did not consider.

Definitely not, in what scenario could they be a bad thing? Both naturally occurring in the body. No issue with those at all.

I decided to stay clear of creatine as I didn’t want to risk it. But it’s a high street product, so I guess there’s no issues. But I didn’t want to take a risk.

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Definitely not, in what scenario could they be a bad thing? Both naturally occurring in the body. No issue with those at all.

Yeah I caught myself on as soon as I posted that reply. Protein powders are legal :D

They may jist ask you about it. The urine test they are looking for Glucose, excess salt, blood and ofcourse proteins.

If a lot comes up they will just ask you about supplements.

SMT covers all the bad stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Rossco22 wrote: »

Yeah I caught myself on as soon as I posted that reply. Protein powders are legal :D

Haha you're getting plenty of protein and creative every time you tuck into a big steak! Only possible issue could be tainted supplements but highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

Lota people need to take a chill pill..

If any of you know police officers and especially those that went through 1509 you’ll know EVERYONE that got 50+ (providing they pass pca/medical/vetting etc) will be appointed. It was dropped to 50 from 55, and previously 62 because they need everyone they can get, officers are retiring daily. No one will be ‘binned’

These boards can be just as destructive as constructive

JECornette wrote: »

If any of you know police officers and especially those that went through 1509 you’ll know EVERYONE that got 50+ (providing they pass pca/medical/vetting etc) will be appointed. It was dropped to 50 from 55, and previously 62 because they need everyone they can get, officers are retiring daily. No one will be ‘binned’

The ACs in each campaign are independent of each other.

1509 has taken almost 3 years to clear.....

No one was appointable 7 months after 1509 opening whilst there's more or less a squad ready to go.

1509 and 1710 are not direct comparators you absolute weapon.

So no it's not guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JECornette

No one was appointable 7 months after 1509 opening whilst there's more or less a squad ready to go.

I sincerely hope I never have the misfortune of working with you. For someone who wishes to be a police officer to conduct themselves in such a way online is incredibly immature. Perhaps you should consider another profession. Good day sir.

I sincerely hope I never have the misfortune of working with you. For someone who wishes to be a police officer to conduct themselves in such a way online is incredibly immature. Perhaps you should consider another profession. Good day sir.

Nothing like giving people false hope.

Never omce have I said that people will definately get binned 😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Mike079

Right. Lots of interesting points made. Doesn't really matter. It is really in all of our hands and yet it isn't. I scored high end of 55-60. Quite content with that. Probably going to be waiting a wee while longer than others. People will fail the PCA. People will fail latter stages or drop out. They are losing serviceman daily and we all are on the merit list as a starting platform. Likely being that you will get an email notifying you of a PCA date and you better be damn ready for it because failing and putting yourself back 12 weeks would be quite sore to take.
    Get ready and prepare especially those with slightly lower results than others and that includes myself. Chances are you(we) will have the chance at some point to progress to the end stages and it all falls on you. Worrying about being binned won't get you fitter, stronger or ready to tackle the tasks ahead. I ain't worried about it due to probability but the possibility is there but yet I'm ready to go right now and as soon as that likely email comes, full steam ahead my end. No excuses.

Let's chill and focus on what we as individuals need to do because each day ending is a day closer to when you have to step the hell up and do the test. Best of luck fellas.

Advertisement