Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

JECornette wrote: »

EVERYONE that got 50+ (providing they pass pca/medical/vetting etc) will be appointed.

Lets talk maturity.

1. Everyone who scored 50+ will get appointed if they pass all the other stages. No one can know that, i doubt even PSNI HR and the senior command team can even know that.

2. The attitude of "it happened last time so it will happen this time" makes no sense consider all evidence suggests that 1710 is the first campaign of it's kind.

3. Actually make a logical deduction from evidence presented.

4. No one on this forum has once said that people WILL get binned. Peopel have voiced worries, concerns, potential scenarios.

5. It's the internet, if there is something on it you don't like. Ignore it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Yeah and we all have something to offer no matter how low we scored :)

Exactly just because some one scores well in an assessment centre doesn't mean to say they will be better than anyone else when it comes to doing the job for real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Gee2 wrote: »

I must be nearly into double digits of trying, with mixed results. Been as far as passing vetting etc. Just keep trying and get on with other things in the meantime. At least recruitment seems to be planned more regularly going forward.

Gee22 is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

let's not talk about being 'binned' any more lol

Let's push each other for our PCA and also

Let's celebrate when the fast trackers get the call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Gee2

Goonerdee wrote: »

I must be nearly into double digits of trying, with mixed results. Been as far as passing vetting etc. Just keep trying and get on with other things in the meantime. At least recruitment seems to be planned more regularly going forward.

Gee22 is that you?
    Yip. Lol. Tried to resist the forum, as it just melts yer head. But here I am.

Good to see you made the cut...

• Advertisement

Gee22 is that you?

How did you do in this campaign?

Gee22 is that you?

In with the Grade B’s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Gee22 is that you?

I remember lurking here in 2013/14 and gee22 and gooner were the old timers at this craic.

Hopefully this is the campaign is the one guys.

Gee22 is that you?

I remember lurking here in 2013/14 and gee22 and gooner were the old timers at this craic.

We are hanging around like a bad smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

In terms of vetting what sort of things are they looking for?

• Advertisement

SUFTUM95 wrote: »

Make sure you aren't in horrendous debt, have an alright credit history, check if you have close family with certain convictions, if you have had a conviction, etc etc.

The debt bit is about your susceptibility to coercion and black mail

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SUFTUM95

Make sure you aren't in horrendous debt, have an alright credit history, check if you have close family with certain convictions, if you have had a conviction, etc etc.

Cheers mate! Should be okay there. Just mainly worried if I’ve facebooked or tweeted anything silly when I was about 14/15...

Cheers mate! Should be okay there. Just mainly worried if I’ve facebooked or tweeted anything silly when I was about 14/15...

That's only an issue if thr content was sectarian, racist or indecent

Gee22 is that you?

In with the Grade B’s.

This will be your year Buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Easiest thing to do. Delete your account and if you cant live without it, open a new one.

Gee22 is that you?

Im like a bad penny, always turning up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Scammy21 wrote: »
    Random one for fitness applicants, would any supplements do any damage in the medical if they do a urine sample test? Would it look bad if a lot of protein shows up? Or creatine

Just be careful what preworkout and fat burners you take. T60 fat burners have been illegal for years now and Jack3D preworkout but they are still widely sold in shops across the country or from "the guy at the gym".

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Arniez12 wrote: »
    Don’t understand why they do that, doesn’t make much sense to start a new campaign with people still on a merit list deemed fit for the job.

They want the best folk for the job there will be people who will score really well at AC who were too young to apply this time...

If they can engineer a situation were they have a constant pool they will. As they can then just keep taking high scorers.

It makes perfect sense

Then why set the “pass” mark at 50, and actually lower it for this campaign? If they want the best why not have a 70 pass mark which is classed as “very good” or even a 60. I understand they need an adequate amount of people going through but surely those numbers could be made up of 60+ scorers and then recruit when that list is dry.

Well as a low scorer I’m glad it’s been dropped!

But it hasnt been dropped?

Recruitment was frozen and the only thing they dropped was 50/50 and havent had rolling recruitment since 2009.

No point worrying about it until it happens and it's literally 50/50 whether it does or not.

I hate the phrase but "it pays to be a winner"
    Bantebus what do you mean it pays to be a winner

Simple the higher you score the better chance of getting in.

The fitter you are the better chance you have of passing PCA and medical

You's all passed IST and were the winners at that stage.

You's all passes AC and so were the winners at that stage.

Etc etc
    Just because some people have scored high in the ac and have got fast tracked doesn't mean anything alot to be said about doing the job . People might be better at tests than other but the people who score in the middle are probably the best suited . Plus there's people in here only have applied once and got this far and others it's taking a good few attempts. Some of yous are up your own arses

Totally agree with you on that. There are people on here being very vocal about various matters when in my opinion they are in no position to do so. It’s my 3rd attempt and been fast tracked, never dreamt I would and don’t feel any sense of entitlement only gratitude that maybe this is my time or that the stars were aligned, who knows. I certainly don’t think AC is the best way to see if a person is fit for the job and is unfair to so so many good quality candidates. A pass is a pass. If we get in and one person is struggling where you aren’t or vice versa, I’m pretty sure no one will be bringing up “oh but I scored” ... so yes I agree, if people pass AC in said campaign then they should have their chance like all the rest regardless of score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Never mind PCA . . .

Buzzing for this wedding tomorrow lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Faugha wrote: »
    Don’t understand why they do that, doesn’t make much sense to start a new campaign with people still on a merit list deemed fit for the job.

They want the best folk for the job there will be people who will score really well at AC who were too young to apply this time...

If they can engineer a situation were they have a constant pool they will. As they can then just keep taking high scorers.

It makes perfect sense

Then why set the “pass” mark at 50, and actually lower it for this campaign? If they want the best why not have a 70 pass mark which is classed as “very good” or even a 60. I understand they need an adequate amount of people going through but surely those numbers could be made up of 60+ scorers and then recruit when that list is dry.

Well as a low scorer I’m glad it’s been dropped!

But it hasnt been dropped?

Recruitment was frozen and the only thing they dropped was 50/50 and havent had rolling recruitment since 2009.

No point worrying about it until it happens and it's literally 50/50 whether it does or not.

I hate the phrase but "it pays to be a winner"
    Bantebus what do you mean it pays to be a winner

Simple the higher you score the better chance of getting in.

The fitter you are the better chance you have of passing PCA and medical

You's all passed IST and were the winners at that stage.

You's all passes AC and so were the winners at that stage.

Etc etc
    Just because some people have scored high in the ac and have got fast tracked doesn't mean anything alot to be said about doing the job . People might be better at tests than other but the people who score in the middle are probably the best suited . Plus there's people in here only have applied once and got this far and others it's taking a good few attempts. Some of yous are up your own arses

Totally agree with you on that. There are people on here being very vocal about various matters when in my opinion they are in no position to do so. It’s my 3rd attempt and been fast tracked, never dreamt I would and don’t feel any sense of entitlement only gratitude that maybe this is my time or that the stars were aligned, who knows. I certainly don’t think AC is the best way to see if a person is fit for the job and is unfair to so so many good quality candidates. A pass is a pass. If we get in and one person is struggling where you aren’t or vice versa, I’m pretty sure no one will be bringing up “oh but I scored” ... so yes I agree, if people pass AC in said campaign then they should have their chance like all the rest .
    Totally agree with you there faugha. Ate you just waiting on a call for a start date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Totally agree with you there faugha. Ate you just waiting on a call for a start date

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Anotherhopeful

Rossco22 wrote: »
    Confusedas wrote: »
    Random one for fitness applicants, would any supplements do any damage in the medical if they do a urine sample test? Would it look bad if a lot of protein shows up? Or creatine

This. This I did not consider.

Definitely not, in what scenario could they be a bad thing? Both naturally occurring in the body. No issue with those at all.

I took both passed mine in previous campaign make sure you tell them you take creatine thats what I did:) also as stated above be cautious of pre workouts and fat burners.

If you take anything paracetamol flu tablets include it they ask for a list anyway. Better to be safe than sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

Definitely not, in what scenario could they be a bad thing? Both naturally occurring in the body. No issue with those at all.

I took both passed my in previous campaign make sure you tell them you take creatine thats what I did:)
    Just curious as to what makes you think you should tell them? They're not testing for creatine

I took both passed my in previous campaign make sure you tell them you take creatine thats what I did:)
    Just curious as to what makes you think you should tell them? They're not testing for creatine

After waiting 2.5 yrs at that point I wasn't risking it. The guy noted it all down anyway, pretty sure most of us who waited a while noted everything

After waiting 2.5 yrs at that point I wasn't risking it. The guy noted it all down anyway, pretty sure most of us who waited a while noted everything

Yea I get you. I didn't declare any supplements but hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

Yea I get you. I didn't declare any supplements but hopefully shouldn't be an issue.

If you take good quality stuff and it's not illegal or in strangely high dosage you'll be fine. Plus you can always appeal it and explain what it's for etc. You'll be grand it's more drugs they're looking for or substance misuse.

I saw your comment about mma aswel they have a boxing team and encourage people to join it, when you get in you could start a psni mma team you'd probably get loads joining it

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

I’ve passed my PCA and progressed on to the next stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

For anyone training for the pca, and I appreciate it is short notice, there is a 5/10km race tomorrow at scarvagh House for guide dogs for the blind. Good cause if anyone fancies the jog in the morning at 11am.

If you take good quality stuff and it's not illegal or in strangely high dosage you'll be fine. Plus you can always appeal it and explain what it's for etc. You'll be grand it's more drugs they're looking for or substance misuse.

I saw your comment about mma aswel they have a boxing team and encourage people to join it, when you get in you could start a psni mma team you'd probably get loads joining it
    Had no idea about the boxing team that's really interesting, be worth finding out about that down the line. Haha that would be good wouldn't it!

• Advertisement

Had no idea about the boxing team that's really interesting, be worth finding out about that down the line. Haha that would be good wouldn't it!

It's been about for years you get duty credit I think for being at events

Advertisement