Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

I played for a PSNI team (family members can play for PSNI teams)

Some matches they got duty credits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Aye_Chihuahua

Duty credits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Duty credits?

If you are in police and play for their teams you get paid when representing them.

Duty credits are pay for x amount of time playing sport. I think they can also be accrued for ceremonial duties.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Is there a psni football team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Yea there is..I don't think you have to be in the Police to play in it either.

Didn't know that what about gaelic

Recruit 6 wrote: »

I know they have a gaa team but not sure if it's football, hurling or both. More than likely both.

NiK9 wrote: »

I know they have a gaa team but not sure if it's football, hurling or both. More than likely both.
    Good job do you play yourself nik9

I have a hurl and mess around with it and a ball for the dogs, but from the wrong area to play. More of a rugby person anyway.
    The looks i used to get when i was younger when i was into the bands and had dogs at the pitch in a band coat and had a hurl lmao. I'm from a mixed family so I get to do the best from both sides.

• Advertisement

PSNI GAA team now play against civvie teams now whilst a few years ago theu could only play against AGS, Irish Army, Irish Guards and Royal Irish teams.

Sport is the best vehicle to move forward.

The T.C Williams High School Titans in the USA being a key example

PSNI GAA team now play against civvie teams now whilst a few years ago theu could only play against AGS, Irish Army, Irish Guards and Royal Irish teams.

Sport is the best vehicle to move forward.

The T.C Williams High School Titans in the USA being a key example
    That's great to know banterbus28 be good to get involved in . Yeah sport is a great way for community's to come together and share a passion

I have a hurl and mess around with it and a ball for the dogs, but from the wrong area to play. More of a rugby person anyway.
    The looks i used to get when i was younger when i was into the bands and had dogs at the pitch in a band coat and had a hurl lmao. I'm from a mixed family so I get to do the best from both sides.
    I would say you did get some looks alright nik9 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mrman1578

Can you tell me when you start online learning/ when you get the link for it thanks?

Mrman1578 wrote: »
    Can you tell me when you start online learning/ when you get the link for it thanks?

I received the online learning email a few days after my invite to the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Jaymeg

Hey lovelies,
    First time posting. PCA due in the next number of weeks. Can anyone tell me what the time gap was like between their PCA and medical date? Trying to have a rough guide as I am due to head away and didn't realise things would happen so quickly.
    J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

Jaymeg wrote: »
    Hey lovelies,
    First time posting. PCA due in the next number of weeks. Can anyone tell me what the time gap was like between their PCA and medical date? Trying to have a rough guide as I am due to head away and didn't realise things would happen so quickly.
    J

Good question. Interested to hear that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Faugha

Hey lovelies,
    J

3 weeks to the day for me. Others may be different

Faugha wrote: »
    Hey lovelies,
    J

Wow that was unbelievably fast, I'm now in a sticky situation if it does come round that fast.
    In a way it would help me if I didn't pass the PCA first time round so it delayed time a bit as I know medical dates can't be changed as it is seen as failing the test. Long story short, I am a teacher and I'm due away the last few weeks so worrying this will clash with the medical date.
    Any advice?

Hey lovelies,
    J

Wow that was unbelievably fast, I'm now in a sticky situation if it does come round that fast.
    In a way it would help me if I didn't pass the PCA first time round so it delayed time a bit as I know medical dates can't be changed as it is seen as failing the test. Long story short, I am a teacher and I'm due away the last few weeks so worrying this will clash with the medical date.
    Any advice?

(cough) sick day

• Advertisement

Hey lovelies,
    J

Any advice?

(cough) sick day
    For PCA or other one?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Scammy21

Anyone else still not got their vetting through?

Scammy21 wrote: »
    How do you know your vetting is cleared? Would they send an email stating it was passed?

Me. Medical is this week and still no vetting

Yes a close friend of mine who also applied said he received an email saying he passed the vetting. I wondered because so many have said no news is good news

Yes a close friend of mine who also applied said he received an email saying he passed the vetting. I wondered because so many have said no news is good news

I’m in the same bit, have freinds in first wave of fast track who received notification that vetting was cleared. I’ve still yet to hear (2nd wave fast track). I’m checking my emails by the minute

Hey lovelies,
    J

Any advice?

(cough) sick day
    For PCA or other one?

I'm in the same boat with leave to be fair. I'll have to book off the day of my pca but pull a sicky the day off my familiarisation. Did many here go to the familiarisation session?

Thats good Faugha im second wave of fast track also. Keep thinking iv something wrong from years ago or what is the hold up! Paranoid

Hey lovelies,
    J

Any advice?

(cough) sick day
    For PCA or other one?

I'm in the same boat with leave to be fair. I'll have to book off the day of my pca but pull a sicky the day off my familiarisation. Did many here go to the familiarisation session?
    My friend didn't show to familiarisation day, she passed first time. Her advice was just to take time round the parts that could be knocked over and to make up time in the 20m sprint.

• Advertisement

Vetting isn't a set time frame. Everyone is different depending on their past and current situation. can take weeks or months. And then even longer if they have to go over tattoos and through alot of social media accounts. There is still someone from 1509 waiting for vetting to clear.

Advertisement