Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Malonegirl96

Recruit 6 wrote: »
    Ze0tech wrote: »
    There’s people 60-65 who haven’t been given a pca date yet, myself included. Don’t want to post exact score

I didn't want to give my score either but by your post does that mean most if not allof 65+ have been given PCA dates
    Yeah that is the 3rd fast track group as I know someone in it as well . I'd say in the next 3 weeks you get a pca date
    from what I’ve read on here people with scores of 65+ generally all have their pca dates already. Even saw someone say they got 64 and have their date
    Yeah I'd say mid to high 50s will be next
    They will still have people between 60-64 to go by the looks of things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Just remember there is less than 60 of us on here. We have no idea how many passed yet or how quickly psni will go down the list, there could be hundreds in each score bracket. It may take a single class to clear 1 score and months to clear another.

NiK9 wrote: »
    Just remember there is less than 60 of us on here. We have no idea how many passed yet or how quickly psni will go down the lost, there could be hundreds in each score bracket. It may take a single class to clear 1 score and months to clear another.
    Yeah was thinking that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Just remember there is less than 60 of us on here. We have no idea how many passed yet or how quickly psni will go down the lost, there could be hundreds in each score bracket. It may take a single class to clear 1 score and months to clear another.
    Yeah was thinking that myself
    That's very true nik9 it's hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Ze0tech

Just remember there is less than 60 of us on here. We have no idea how many passed yet or how quickly psni will go down the list, there could be hundreds in each score bracket. It may take a single class to clear 1 score and months to clear another.

Very true. Until your FOI is answered no one really has a clue. Still not easy though sit and wait. That's the curse of boards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Also remember the PCA (certainly in past campaigns) expires after 6 months. If they process 55 scores will they be in GV in 6 months from then?

I personally think this year was a poor performing AC in terms of scores and they will clear the 60s+ quite quickly as more people scored lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Recruit 6

Also remember the PCA (certainly in past campaigns) expires after 6 months. If they process 55 scores will they be in GV in 6 months from then?

I personally think this year was a poor performing AC in terms of scores and they will clear the 60s+ quite quickly as more people scored lower.
    Yeah I think the most people of the campaign scored between 50 and 60 the just by going by what I have heard

Yeah I think the most people of the campaign scored between 50 and 60 the just by going by what I have heard

I really hope this is true and it's not got to take a very long time to filter through the list. As long as I pass all other stages that it.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Adam West

I think the numbers posted on this forum might be misleading in terms of a lot of people being in the higher brackets. I don't think this would reflect the campaign scoring as a whole. I think it would be fair to assume that the majority of people on this forum are putting the extra effort in to learn as much as possible about the campaign and how to get through it and score highly vs the average applicant who might just be applying and hoping to get through everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Belroo99

Does anyone know when you actually start receiving a salary? ie. Is it from the date of your induction day or first day of training?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Belroo99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when you actually start receiving a salary? ie. Is it from the date of your induction day or first day of training?

If you start mid pay cycle you'll get a cheque or a faster payment for the time from day one to the start of the next pay cycle. Then you'll get salary plus NITA on the next pay day via BACS. Think it's the third last working day of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭TW2017

Does everybody get NITA?

TW2017 wrote: »
    Does everybody get NITA?

Yes from day one. NITA is just the PC way of saying danger money.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Slatprh

How much is NITA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Slo18

Slatprh wrote: »
    How much is NITA?

I think its £3195 annually paid monthly

Slo18 wrote: »
    I think its £3195 annually paid monthly

Which is tax free also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Ayechihuahua

How much is NITA?
    Let's get in first guys and girls. I don't think most applied for the wages.

How much is NITA?

Money makes the world go round though.

I'm not money orientated at all but you still need dolla for nice things and bills

How much is NITA?

Money makes the world go round though.

I'm not money orientated at all but you still need dolla for nice things and bills
    True true. Let's get in first though. Trying to stay level headed and not get hopes up myself

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Cml29

Hi everyone,

I didn’t apply to this campaign (i was still studying) but will be applying to the next one.

Pretty jealous of all you that passed the AC and are progressing! I have a couple of questions maybe someone can help:)

Are you given more info on the written tests prior to attendance at the AC? - all that i can see as an ‘outsider’ is that there are x2 written tests.

Is your IST resit score included as part of your final AC score? Or is it simply a check of your original scoring ability

For those that scored high AC marks, how did you do it!? Was there a particularly useful book or website you used for preparation?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Cml29 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I didn’t apply to this campaign (i was still studying) but will be applying to the next one.

Pretty jealous of all you that passed the AC and are progressing! I have a couple of questions maybe someone can help:)

Are you given more info on the written tests prior to attendance at the AC? - all that i can see as an ‘outsider’ is that there are x2 written tests.

Is your IST resit score included as part of your final AC score? Or is it simply a check of your original scoring ability

For those that scored high AC marks, how did you do it!? Was there a particularly useful book or website you used for preparation?

Thanks!

JoinPSNI.co.uk provides step by step guide to the process.

The tests are online and conducted before AC.

1. Application
    2. IST (must pass to progress)
    3. AC (must pass to progress)
    4. PSNI managed stages.1st is Fitness or PCA once that's passed them it's onto, online learning, vetting and medical. Running concurrently

So as I understand, they start our vetting process after we pass the pca or is it when we receive the invite?

Dunno they could have started vetting already.

Likely fast track folks vetting started as soon as Deloitte identified them to PSNI

Thanks Banterbus, what i mean though is are you given info before you attend the assessment centre on what specific format / type of written exercise you will be asked to do eg: police incident style report, comprehension or standard in tray exercise etc?

Or does everyone just go in blind not having a clue what type of written exercises could come up?

Thanks Banterbus, what i mean though is are you given info before you attend the assessment centre on what specific format / type of written exercise you will be asked to do eg: police incident style report, comprehension or standard in tray exercise etc?

Or does everyone just go in blind not having a clue what type of written exercises could come up?

Those in the current campaign are not allowed to discuss the AC.

But we can say you are given a general over view

You aren’t given a lot of information. Use the join psni website for guidance and do some research.

GUYS CURRENTLY STILL IN THE CAMPAIGN MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT MENTIONING SPECIFICS OF AC AS YOU CAN POTENTIALLY BE DISQUALIFIED

Just to be clear i’m not asking for specifics so please don’t give me any! I just wanted to know if you get more guidance before the AC.

Just to be clear i’m not asking for specifics so please don’t give me any! I just wanted to know if you get more guidance before the AC.

No I understand where you’re coming from! There’s an assessment centre thread on here where you can get more information in the last few pages of it some people who did the ac this year had posted some advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

It's annoying that!!

Before my AC I would have loved some information even the structure of the day so I would know what to expect.

I got a grade B in AC but I know some of fast track folk could give me that bit more information to get an A* especially if I go in to the autumn 2018 campaign again.

For us being such a small group that used are heads and found this forum we should be able to help each other out.

I know I will get hit with he rule book again by someone. please save your time, I have already had like three people remind me about it.

Why not work as a team and help each other? is that a main attribute of a PC, teamwork?

FYI I will be sticking to the rules but does people not think like me and what to help others?

Advertisement